countdown to holidays

banjo

Mouseketeer
can anyone help i dont know how to add the countdown clock to my threads and think they look cool can anyone tell me how to add them thanks
margaret.:wave:

We lost the guide when the UK boards crashed.

You have to have some web space somewhere and download the Beancounter code form Stu's site Beancounter .

You have to provide your own background graphic I am afraid - I 'borrowed' mine from Disney.

Once you have got it working on your site, look at Counter Thread which gives you the code you have to insert in your signature.

Hope this helps - if I can help anymore, please ask.

I actually have a printed copy of Stu's guide. I haven't got it saved to my hard drive, but I will happily type it up if anyone feels it would be useful. Mind you, I was too thick to follow it. A very kind DISer, Christine (Floridamum) made mine for me.

Debbie,

Don't call yourself THICK, I am not great at counters I had help from the FM Dave in the first place.I was able to help you because I had saved all info from my own counter.

thank you everyone i tried to download beancounter but comp wouldnt let me open the file for some reason so if you could send me the printout debbie that would be grrreat thanks
margaret:wave:

Hi Margaret,

If you like, I can email you my website which has all you need to put on your website to create a counter. I would appreciate it if you could create your own background graphic, but at least you can see what it should look like. I can also email you the code to put in your signature on DIS so the counter works.

Please note you MUST have your own website in order to make it work.

thanks for getting back to me but the only problem is i dont have my pwn web site so ill have to try to get round that

Hi Margaret,

There are plenty of places where you can get free webspace (Freeserve, Yahoo etc.). You only need somewhere to store the files, you do not actually have to create a proper website at all.

Hi Banjo
I got my free web space from www.angelfire.com My site must be the most boring site on the entire web as I only use it to upload items for my counter.

Dee

Hi Margaret
I got my free web space from www.angelfire.com My site must be the most boring site on the entire web as I only use it to upload items for my counter.

Dee

richard or dee i have now got some web space (I THINK!) SO IF YOU COULD send me the details of how to get the counter going that would be grreat ps please bear with me as im a novice at these sort of things ta!

Hi Margaret,

I will be happy to send you what I can - could you please PM me with your email address?

Hi Margaret
Did you manage to sort out your counter? Sorry I haven't replied but had trouble getting back on line.

Dee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter