Counter service restaurants

MK- Columbia Harbor House and Be Our Guest... CHH has some very healthy options and BOG, well the incredible atmosphere.
Epcot- Sunshine Seasons and Tangierine Cafe...SSS for it's decent food and variety and TC for the Swararma platter that is better than many ts restaurant entrees.
AK- Flame Tree BBQ and nothing else... Excellent bbq.
DHS- Not a single quick serve at all. However, Starring Rolls for a cupcake or pastry but I will pass on the pre-packaged sushi and the pre-made cold cut sandwiches with mayonnaise.

Columbia Harbor House, terrific, fresh food and a quiet upstairs area. Tangierine Cafe, abundant and delicious food. Mr. Kamal's - terrific samosas and falafel from a food truck in AK.

We usually just do CS because we enjoy the flexibility of not having ADRs

We find that we eat at Epcot most often because we hop there most days. Many things mentioned already: Sunshine Seasons, Mexico, Morocco, Fish&Chips

A family tradition at MK since our first trip has been the corn dog nuggets at Casey's. We eat very healthy at home so this is a fun fried snack for us. We get a few orders of the nuggets and fries with the cheese dipping sauce and share them.

Not sure if you're planning to stay in the parks, but there are some nice CS meals at some of the resorts. You can take a boat or monorail to some of the resorts near MK. Gasparilla Grill at GF is good. You can also walk or boat from Epcot and HS to the resorts in that area. It's not CS, but you can get a burger or sandwich for about the same price as CS at Big River Grill & Brewing at the Boardwalk if you want to take a break from the parks and try their beers. You could also try the "kitchen sink" ice cream sundae at Beaches & Cream.

Some have mentioned Wolfgang Puck at DTD. We also enjoy the Cubans at Bongos. (There is a CS window attached to the restaurant. Sandwiches around $10)

MK: Columbia Harbor House and Cosmic Rays (the 1/2 chicken meal is a great value. We buy 2 and split it with our 2 DDs)
Epcot: Sunshine Seasons
AK: Flame Tree BBQ & Pizzafari

Counter Service-
MK: Columbia Harbor House
Epcot: Sunshine Seasons
HS: Backlot
AK: Flame Tree BBQ

Snacks-
MK: Dole Whip or Citrus Swirl (both are so so so good)
Epcot: School Bread (found in Norway)
HS: Any cupcake at Starring Rolls
AK: Jalapeño Cheese-Stuffed Pretzel (i forgot where it is, i think in harambe village)

MK - Columbia Harbor House - this is a family favorite, and have to eat here every trip!! I love the shrimp
Cosmic Rays is fun too.
We are excited to try BOG in September for lunch :)

HS - Pizza Planet!! We love it there. Also Anaheim market is really great for a snack.

Epcot - electric umbrella, and Mexico QS, the nachos and churros

AK - Flametree BBQ - ribs are delicious

Magic Kingdom - Pecos Bill's/Tortuga Canyon for quick service; Dole Whip at Aloha Isle for snack.
Epcot - Sunshine Seasons and La Cantina de San Angel for quick service; Croque Glace at L'Artisan des Glace for snack.
Hollywood Studios - Fairfax Fare for quick service.
Animal Kingdom - Yak & Yeti Local Food Cafe and Flame Tree Barbeque for quick service; Jalapeno Cheese Pretzel at Harambe Fruit Market.

You may also want to consider counter service at the resorts, including Boardwalk Bakery which is walking distance from Epcot and Gasparilla Island Grill which is just a monorail ride from Magic Kingdom.

MK-Pecos Bill and Pinnochio's Village House (so far, eating at Columbia Harbor House and The Golden Horseshoe for the first time in December)
****Gaston's Tavern is really cool too, but it has a very limited menu.

EPCOT-Tangerine Cafe, Sommerfest
Anywhere in WS, depends on how adventurous you're feeling.

HS-Pizza Planet is pretty cool and has good food. Just don't expect it to look ANYTHING like in Toy Story, it needs renovations really bad.

AK-Restaurantosaurous and Pizzafari

Does les Halle's boulangerie use a cs credit or just a snack credit? I would like to eat there as a cs but the menu looks like it only uses snack credits for everything.

We are going for a very short trip this fall eating only at counter service restaurants. Can you please tell me at least two of your favorite counter service restaurants at each park? Maybe even share what you usually order from the menu. And also do you have a favorite must have snack for each park? Thanks!

I have eaten at more QS than TS for financial reasons, so I can help!

MK - BOG (Braised Pork or Roast Beef Sandwich); Columbia Harbor House (anything you're in the mood for from the menu)
Epcot - Sunshine Seasons (Grilled Salmon w/the mashed potatoes & grilled asparagus if it's in season); Kringla in Norway (Club Sandwich, heated please!)
HS - Studio Catering (Chicken Sandwich); Backlot Express (Grilled Veggie Sandwich)
AK - Flametree BBQ - (Smoked Turkey Sandwich); Tamu Tamu (Chicken Curry..Sooo Goood!)

Snacks: Corndog nugget bites w/'plastic cheese' sauce & mustard from Casey's; Strawberry shortcake from Sunshine Seasons; Outdoor Food Kitchens or Food Kiosks at either Epcot Festival; Jalapeno Pretzel wherever you can find it in a park; Dole Whip Float w/vanilla soft serve from Aloha Isle; Nudel Gratin from Somerfest (has served as my meal before).

Does les Halle's boulangerie use a cs credit or just a snack credit? I would like to eat there as a cs but the menu looks like it only uses snack credits for everything.

Yes, Les Halles accepts a QS credit for the DDP. I've used it for lunch before & got the cheese plate as my entree w/a 1/2 baguette that I paid OOP - less than $2, an iced coffee as my beverage & a dessert. It was a great value! Enjoy! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter