Counter Service - Snack reviews 8/13 - 8/18 Dining Plan

shondad

Lovin' that place called DISNEYWORLD!!!
Counter service this trip:

Sunshine Seasons in the Land - Epcot
Lunch
DD - chicken leg and mashed potatoes (she claimed was good, but not enough), strawberry shortcake dessert
DS - sweet and sour chicken (he didn't eat well, but there was nothing wrong with the food), worms in the dirt dessert
DH - rice with 2 entrees (Asian) spicy chicken and sweet and sour chicken (he didn't really like it), fruit bowl for dessert
I had - noodles with 2 entrees (Asian), bottled water, strawberry shortcake

My impressions - we have far better Chinese food here in the Houston area, I would go back, but I would not have the Chinese food.

Sunshine Seasons in the Land - Epcot
Breakfast
DD - kid's french toast w/scrambled eggs, sausage and bacon, apple juice
DS - kid's french toast w/potatoes, bacon, bottle of OJ, cinnamon roll (for which I had planned to pay for OOP as he had wanted a donut, but they didn't serve those there, however the cashier included this with our order)
DH - croissant brkfst sandwich (which included egg, bacon, cheese), bottle of OJ
I had - the adult bkfst platter w/eggs, bacon, potatoes, french toast (I opted against the biscuit)

Impressions - an average meal that I could eat again.

Yorkshire Fish n Chips in the World Showcase/England - Epcot
Lunch
DD - fish n chips, shortbread
I had - fish n chips, shortbread

Impressions - We haven't tried the shortbread yet, but I wished I had tried the salad in America rather than having had the fish there. I found it to be just ok, and with the fish on top of the chips it made them a bit greasy.

Refreshment Port/McDonald's - Epcot
Lunch
DS - 6pc chicken mcnuggets, fries, mcflurry dessert (plain)

Impressions - Boy did this hit the spot for him, he felt perfectly at home with this meal. Sure did satisfy his McDonald's fix. (I was told that large items were not included on the dining plan for snack nor counter service i.e large fry, 9pc nuggets)

Liberty Inn in the World Showcase/America - Epcot
Lunch
DH - cheeseburger, fries, fruit bowl for dessert

Impressions - It was a very long walk to/fro from where we settled next the refreshment port, he seemed pleased with his meal.

Tusker House in Africa - Animal Kingdom
Lunch
DD - mac and cheese, applesauce, ccheese crackers, chocolate cake (wanted the cheesecake, but they had none)
DS - chicken leg, mashed potatoes w/broccoli or carrots (I can't remember which), applesauce, chocolate cake
DH - rotisserie chicken with mashed potatoes, green beans (really fresh and green, but too firm/crisp), carrot cake (which he did not touch, had I known we could get a fruit bowl here I would have chosen that instead), bottled water
I had - the chicken sandwich, fries, carrot cake, bottled water

Impressions - pretty good, my kid's switched their meals and enjoyed them, DH liked his meal, I thought the sandwich was okay, but after seeing the food at Flametree (we had eaten there last year and wanted to try something different) I wished we'd eaten there instead. I would probably choose Flametree over Tusker House given the opportunity.

Wolfgang Puck's Express - Downtown Disney Marketplace
Lunch
DD and DS - kid's pepperoni pizza, choc chip cookie
DH - pepperoni/mushroom pizza, choc chip cookie
I had - chinois salad, vanilla creme brulee

Impressions - the food was ok, DH's pizza was the same size as the kid's so it seemed, just with more toppings. {I was put off by the inaccuracy of our order, though I ordered the right thing they brought DH the wrong pizza. I was wondering why he asked my why he got a vegetarian pizza (spinach/mushroom) as he was eating. I immediately took it back, and showed my receipt, they reordered it. For it being an "express", I could not understand why it took at least 4 trips to the counter to inquire and be told 'it's coming, it's in the oven' , and then ultimately just waiting, watching and glaring until it was given to me, it took better than 30mins to get the replacement pizza. The (what I assume was) the superviser did apologize, but I was not pleased. It 's really sad when you see other people come, eat and go and you're still sitting waiting for your food. While it was a zoo, with only 1-2 tables open when we got there, I think there were only 2-3 tables in use when we left, and there were many that came after we did. } As for my food, the salad was okay, could have used more dressing and lettuce and a little less cabbage. It had been a toss up between that and the rosemary or bbq chicken, I wished I'd chosen the chicken, the creme brulee was okay, tasted like the one from the Maya Grill. We did not eat any of the cookies until we got home and they were ok, no complaints there. I would probably choose to eat elsewhere next time.:(

Snacks
Magic Kingdom
Dole Whips - we had this twice they were excellent the first time, which warranted an encore, the second time was just ok
Funnel Cake - good, large, I shared with the kid's and still threw some away, couldn't eat it all
Red Candied Apple - DH loved it
Cotton Candy
3 pack psychodelic lollipops
Powerade
bottled water

Downtown Disney
bottle of cranberry/apple/raspberry juice
cotton candy
bag of character gummies
red candied apple

Pop Century
blueberry muffin

Animal Kingdom
onion rings
frozen lemonade

Epcot
icees
bottled water
mickey bars

Lunch

Impressions - Boy did this hit the spot for him, he felt perfectly at home with this meal. Sure did satisfy his McDonald's fix. (I was told that large items were not included on the dining plan for snack nor counter service i.e large fry, 9pc nuggets)

So, did you use a CS for your DS or a Snack credit? Just wondering :confused3

shondad said:
My impressions - we have far better Chinese food here in the Houston area, I would go back, but I would not have the Chinese food.

Shondad- I see you're from Houston. :wave2: So am I! Where are all the good Chinese food places here? I can't seem to find any!

Sorry for going off topic!

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Disneymom2AA said:
Lunch

So, did you use a CS for your DS or a Snack credit? Just wondering :confused3
I used the counterservice credit for this meal. (I apologize for taking so long to respond.:sunny:)

Tinkerbell_Girl said:
Shondad- I see you're from Houston. :wave2: So am I! Where are all the good Chinese food places here? I can't seem to find any!

Sorry for going off topic!
I know off topic, but, I live southwest, in the Missouri City/Stafford area, BTW. I like Kim Son (of the ones I've tried I've found the one on 59 near downtown best), Yank Sing (I don't know if it is still open, but on Hillcroft and 59), Dynasty Buffet (59 and Sugarcreek, near Gerland's), and there is another one I favor, not a buffet (and I can't remember the name) that sits on Hwy 6 and Dulles in the same lot as the AAA travel center. I've heard rave reviews about PF Chang, though I've never been.:goodvibes

Thanks for the reviews! Agree with you about the Chinese food at Sunshine, we also have much better at home.

:thumbsup2 Great reviews! I like the way you listed out everything so clearly.

I love the frozen lemonade at AK! I still have the cool, plastic safari goofy spoon straws that we got in them! Do they still give those out in the frozen lemonades?

We have a great take out place locally here in LI, NY, but have settled for less than stellar buffets when I am looking for a Chinese variety fix. I remember eating the asian food at the Pepper Market, and it didn't really taste like Chinese food; more like when I try to cook Chinese food at home. Did the food taste bad, or just not good, and did it actually taste like Chinese food?

Thanks for the reveiw. These forums are very helpful. What was nice about your review was that you ate at and compared Flametree and Tusker House. I had not come across the comparison by the same person before and you made up our minds. Flametree over Tusker.

Thanks,

Maz

Moonpie said:
:thumbsup2 Great reviews! I like the way you listed out everything so clearly.

I love the frozen lemonade at AK! I still have the cool, plastic safari goofy spoon straws that we got in them! Do they still give those out in the frozen lemonades?
Thanks,
You know?, I'm not sure about the spoon straws, I did not see any, but of course, that does not mean that they don't still exist or sell them there.

frannn said:
We have a great take out place locally here in LI, NY, but have settled for less than stellar buffets when I am looking for a Chinese variety fix. I remember eating the asian food at the Pepper Market, and it didn't really taste like Chinese food; more like when I try to cook Chinese food at home. Did the food taste bad, or just not good, and did it actually taste like Chinese food?
I found the food to be somewhat salty, and lacking in stir fry "flavor", it was edible, seemed steamed. My opinion on salt, I know when it's not there, but I don't think it should stand out, I don't like salty food, but I don't like bland food either, and I seldom add salt to cooked food. With this food the presence of salt stood out.

I think, it was not bad, but, just not very good. And no I do not liken it to Chinese food, at least that that I'm used to.

MickeyMaz said:
Thanks for the reveiw. These forums are very helpful. What was nice about your review was that you ate at and compared Flametree and Tusker House. I had not come across the comparison by the same person before and you made up our minds. Flametree over Tusker.

Thanks,

Maz

You are very welcomed,
I'm glad you find the forums informative, and that something I stated could be of help to you, I hope that you enjoy your meal and decision. I just think that the Flametree food had more flavor, please let us know what you thought after your trip.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter