Couple questions...parks with 4yo and 18mo

Minnie824

DIS Veteran
Ok, so for 6 nights - 5 full days technically - and 2 toddlers, obviously everything can't be seen. So, if you were to skip one park, which would it be (note they like animals/zoos also)?

Also, will be staying at either Grand Floridian or Yacht Club in Nov/Dec time frame (nothing definite yet). Would you bother going to a waterpark, or just stay at the pools?

Lastly, do you think we'd need a stroller for the 4 year old too?

Thanks for any help!

Well, with 5 days, i would get a 5 day hopper pass and not skip any park but rather spend more time in the parks that you find most apealing to your family. We are going the 2nd week of Dec. this year and that seems like a great week to avoid crowds. You will want to steer clear of thanksgiving week and the Christmas/ New Years time frame. I would choose GF over the Yacht club just for the fact that is has such good access to the MK where you will want to spend a lot of time. I without a doubt think that your 4 year old will want a stroller. The option of renting however is there.I would skip the water park for a first trip, with kids that young and the weather a little iffy at the time of year you are going. The pool will keep them happy!! Sounds like the start of some great plans.

Jordan's mom

Thanks for the help! We are leaning towards the GF...about tickets....we're going to get the unlimited, so we would be able to go to everything, but we were thinking of skipping one to allow more time for MK, which is where I'm assuming they'll want to be. The first night we'll probably rest after the drive, and not sure how much we can do the day we leave, so really thats where the 5 full days comes in. (I'm used to going for longer, but we figured this would be good for a first trip with kids). Thanks again!

I am heading to WDW in September with a 4 year old and a 14 month old. The only thing I know for sure is we got a room with a balcony, so we could sneak a few minutes( and maybe a glass of wine) to ourselves when we put the girls down.

callie

I wouldn't skip a park, rather do half days at Epcot or AK. I have been when my DD was 18mo, and 4yo, she's 5 and has gone 5 times! She absolutly loves going to Epcot to ride in the "ball", Spaceship Earth and loves making the masks at the kidcot stations in WS. She really liked MGM:Little Mermaid show, Beauty and the Beast, Muppet 3D, Playhouse Disney(big hit with her). Of course almost every child loves MK and there is so much to do there. She also like the safari ride at AK and the Lion King show is a must see.
We were at the GF when she was 3yo and it was so convienent to be able to roll the stroller onto the monorail.
I would skip the water park and enjoy the pool at the resort. Why the UPH? Just curious. If you will only get 5 park days, and if you want to use part or all of one of those days for enjoying your resort pool, it might be a better idea to get park hoppers. You'll be paying for days you are not going to the parks, like the day you check-in and the day you check-out with the UPH.
You will probably need a stroller for the 4yo at least some of the time. I would just rent one as needed. Do bring your own for the 18mo. One that reclines would be great for naps. I would plan for afternoon breaks, at that age they need some down time.
For what it's worth, that's my 2cents;)
Happy planning:teeth:

We were at Disney two years ago and our DS was just under 4. We took a stroller any way. It was worth it. It was a holder for all our stuff and he actually used it a lot! We drove him through all the parks in it. I was surprised how lazy he was. Once we got off a ride he would get in the stroller waiting to get pushed around. I saw a stroller that had a bench like seat for older children or another kind that had a step for the older child to roll around in. Our fist day at MK he fell asleep in it at 7:00 pm from seer excitement of being in the park. It is extremely overwhelming for them you know. We are going again this year and now we will have DD, in tow, who will be 15 mo. at the time of the trip. Our DS will be 6. If I will need one I will rent it then but i am hoping that he will not want one.

In addition to skipping a park I agree don't skip any it is very easy to do MGM and AK in a short time. The last trip we did AK and Epcot in one day and MGM one day MK 2 days. This time around we will do AK and MGM in one day MK 1 day and Epcot 1day. We might go to Universal this time around i heard they got a few good things for the young ones. On off days do pools and relax you will need to re energize for the next day at the park.

:D :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter