Courtenay and Brian's 10-14-12 Wishes Wedding WP and ADH

Menu Cards even though we have a buffet?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
All caught up. Can't get online as much now which is not good for keeping up with PJs. This is why I had an small escape wedding, i'd never have been able to pick a cake and decor!

Hi Ash! I've miss ya! I almost fainted when I saw the champagne costs...we just decided to keep two bottles and everyone else can toast with whatever else is available lol. How exaclty did you get the champagne included? Maybe we could do that. I am with you, I don't know how they can get away with that. And it's champagne I have never heard of (but then again I am not a big drinker). We got our floral and it isn't too bad: a littl eunder $5,000. I'll be honest, there isn't much I would cut, other than change my bouquet b/c it's a whopping $400 and that's cuhraaazy. Little changes will happen but overall everything came together pretty darn good on the first go-round. :woohoo: Good to hear from you!!! xoxo.

I am such a slacker on here now!!! The facebook group is so much easier since I can access it faster on my phone. You may have seen the recent post regarding champagne on the fb post. We cut out the Jim bean from our bar package and added in the champagne. It wasn't an even swap, we still had to add a couple dollars to the per person cost to do this. So the total was $44 per person for our package. Not to bad on the floral! I think ours came in around that maybe a little higher. I felt same way there was nothing I really wanted to cut. We were able to get it down though without making any significant changes. $400 for bouquet is crazy. I changed mine to a bridesmaid size and then had the bridesmaids bouquets made a little smaller. My bouquet was still huge so I can only imagine what $400 worth of flowers looks like! I think we got our girls bouquets down to $80 so that may be something to look at to cut a little of the cost. Our florist was really amazing in helping us cut the cost without changing the look i wanted. For us by cutting down the amount of calla lilies in the centerpieces made a huge difference. So I am sure if you talk to her there is stuff that can be done. I was looking at the rest of the beo and you mentioned the table coverings, don't remove them!! It really adds the elegance you are looking for. We loved ADH but didn't want the club theme we really wanted to make it as elegant as possible. Also, talk to your planner about the buffet. They do have the ability to work with you on that price even though they like to say they can't! If you push hard enough there are things you can do that will cut the cost but not take out anything important!

Love those glow centerpieces by the way! I totally had that picture in my disney wedding folder!! :)

XOXO

Is the 4155 a typo? Also, can you share the menu items you selected?
Thanks!

Marie,

Sorry about the typo...I need to fix that. WOW that would be expensive. I meant $115 per person. Yes, I will share the menu items. Let me gather that up and get it together and I'll make a posting on it. It's pretty much what we had tasted at the planning session with a few minor changes. I'll get that up soon.

Court

OMG, I voted and I was the 1st person to say no! lol :headache: But I don't think you need a menu card if your having a buffet? See what everyone else thinks?

Hope your well chicken!

XXX

He he don't worry about it...I have been thinking the same thingg: do I really need them? I mean it's a buffet and that couldb e a couple hundred dollars... I am still not sure. I am glad you gave me an honest opinion.

Hey You!

Loving the 'exceptionally large posts' hehe! :) I wrote a largish post on my PJ this evening and it got deleted i think... I haven't been to check yet! lol

Love the lighting from Soundwaves! We are having them for our wedding! Both the DJs Wendy and Lez? and the lighting! I really like the different shades of blue in the photos you showed! :) and agree that without the sunshine!

I really like the under the sea cake, but I think your right, it would look better with the castle on the top - Maybe they have an under water kind of castle? Like an oldy kind of one? you know what I mean?

I love the invites, they are very stylish! What about seeing if dense can find the gems in a mickey shape? and dot them up the side? sort of like bubbles? What do you think.

Fingers crossed for your baker of the month venture! I think its a fab idea to chase your dreams! :) Go for it hun! you'll be on cupcake wars next! hehe

Happy Planning!

Faye

xx

I so wish we could have sound waves but because our reception is at Atlantic Dance we can't have any outside lighting done. :( Booo! I can't wait to see how yours turns out...it's going to be lovely!

It's SO funny that you mentioned having Mickey's as bubbles b/c that is exactly what I was thinking (I swear you are my DISboard twin)...Denise checked on Mickey rhinestones but she said they were too big and it would be a violation of copyright laws if she made them with crystals in the bubbles like Mickey heads. Sad.

Thanks for the kind words! You're a doll!

:wave2:Hi there!! Everything looks great!! For the BOC, we figured out the same- our planner basically told us for the package to be a "deal" every guest would need to drink x amount of drinks per hour. We have some big drinkers and some that aren't at all, so hopefully it will balance out! DF's dad paid for the bar- he pre-paid about $4700 but this was a high estimate and we anticipate him getting money back afterwards. I think you can estimate how you want to and pre-pay what you think it will be :) You can also request specific things in your bar if you want them- we are having a specialty drink, Absolut, and Patron (not normally in the bar unless its a really high package). :) Hopefully it will go well!!

I see you posted you want all the tables covered, but good lord girl you are spending over $1,000 on linens alone!! hahaha The only linens we're renting are the napkins, so I guess I shouldn't talk, but white is one of our wedding colors so we are leaving them white and then puting our pops of color on the table- with pink petals down the middle and silver napkins, etc. I honestly think it would be really pretty without spending so much for linens, but it's your wedding! ;) If you get blue lighting , the white linens will also look blue, right? just a thought!

Ugh about work - I have been super stressed too, I'm having a hard time focusing with everything going on with the wedding and all the negativity at work can really start to get to you! hahha Hang in there. YAY for baking!!! I love to bake too, so awesome you could bake all day and not answer to anyone!! :goodvibes (sounds great in my mind!!)

Hi Tricia- I know I know, it sounds crazy to cover all of the tables...but actually it's not all of them, just the main ones on the bottom floor. It is a lot but I really think it would add to the decor. At the very least, if we change that, we will have half covered with blue and half with white. Then they are all still covered and look pretty. But because our floral came in so low (price wise) we may not need to change anything. As we get closer I think it will be easier to decide b/c we will have ab etter estimate of who's coming and food costs which is the bulk of the bill.

Right! Baking all day with no one to bother you.... sounds good to me! I am in! I hope things get better for you at work and you can get some concentrating done. I know it's tough especially being this close.

Oh and congrats on your brother coming to your wedding!!!:cool1: I am glad he will be there. That is the best news!

Hello!

Sorry I too have been MIA for a while but I know what you mean with lots to do ...now we have less than 6 months to go!!! :yay:

We loved Carol too but had to wait for Laura's BEO too, we are also cutting off the champagne toast as we thought it was expensive for only 30 guest!

We are also pleased with our floral BEO but need to make some cuts from the main one, need to update my PJ, hopefully I will get chance at the weekend. Takes a long time though as somehow we managed to take 500 photos in our week long trip haha.

Looks like you had lots of fun at your shower, you girls had a blast! Love the dear shots! :rotfl2:

I love the idea of the starfish styled centre pieces as they are so unique and perfect for your theme, also love the glowing gel ones, could you combine the 2 somehow?

Look forward to keeping up to date now!

Emz, really where have you been? I've missed you. I know, can you believe it? Less than 6 months...it is flying by. I am glad I'm not the only one who had to wait for Laura, but I bet she is going to be fantatstic and everything will look great. Since you have Carol and Laura, they must assign them to work based on when people are getting married (since you and I are so close). I haven't seen a lot of other people with them (a few with Laura but not so much with Carol)...do you know who else has them?

Good call to cut the champagne, it's so expensive, I can't imagine paying that much. I would hide it in my car and sneak it in before I'd pay that much lol.

500 photos!!! Wow. I look forward to seeing some of them and all of your updates. I need to be better at keeping up with PJs. Well girlie, good to hear from you, take care and check in with you soon. :hug:

All caught up. Can't get online as much now which is not good for keeping up with PJs. This is why I had an small escape wedding, i'd never have been able to pick a cake and decor!

Thanks for stopping by Claire! I understand about the Escape wedding, it's much less chaos. Although I am sure it was still a lot to decide on. I am terrible at decisions, so indecisive, and this wedding has my head spinning lol. :confused3 Thanks again! xoxo.

I am such a slacker on here now!!! The facebook group is so much easier since I can access it faster on my phone. You may have seen the recent post regarding champagne on the fb post. We cut out the Jim bean from our bar package and added in the champagne. It wasn't an even swap, we still had to add a couple dollars to the per person cost to do this. So the total was $44 per person for our package. Not to bad on the floral! I think ours came in around that maybe a little higher. I felt same way there was nothing I really wanted to cut. We were able to get it down though without making any significant changes. $400 for bouquet is crazy. I changed mine to a bridesmaid size and then had the bridesmaids bouquets made a little smaller. My bouquet was still huge so I can only imagine what $400 worth of flowers looks like! I think we got our girls bouquets down to $80 so that may be something to look at to cut a little of the cost. Our florist was really amazing in helping us cut the cost without changing the look i wanted. For us by cutting down the amount of calla lilies in the centerpieces made a huge difference. So I am sure if you talk to her there is stuff that can be done. I was looking at the rest of the beo and you mentioned the table coverings, don't remove them!! It really adds the elegance you are looking for. We loved ADH but didn't want the club theme we really wanted to make it as elegant as possible. Also, talk to your planner about the buffet. They do have the ability to work with you on that price even though they like to say they can't! If you push hard enough there are things you can do that will cut the cost but not take out anything important!

Love those glow centerpieces by the way! I totally had that picture in my disney wedding folder!! :)

XOXO

Ash- I have to admit that I don't even know where to go on Facebook to check in with this stuff....I am such a loser lol. :confused3

I am glad you were able to swap and add champagne...our family is the opposite lol, they will drink the beam and not touch the champagne, so we will just keep two bottles for the wedding party. I really think the BOC will save us a lot.

Thank you so much for letting me know about the bouqet!!! That is a smart idea. I know Carol mentioned having a smaller boquet because I am a petit girl, but $400 cannot be that small. I will ask Laura when we have our phone meeting about that. That could be great and then we can add some more decorations or uplighting if need be.

Ok so you mentioned I could save money on the buffet? How so, can you tell me what you guys did/said? I have a phone meeting with Carol on Monday morning and if you could give me some tips that would be great. :flower3:

OMG I love the glow centerpieces...so adorable. Too funny that you had them in your folder. Speaking of your wedding, it was beautiful. I keep lurking on you PJ lol.

Hello lovlies! I don't know if there is a way to have multiple polls associated with a thread and if there is I sure can't figure it out. So I am just going to ask:

We are having open seating at our recpetion in ADH. Do you think we should still include table names/numbers?

If yes, I am going to make my own. :scared1: Scary.

We are also attempting to make our own programs that are the Mickey Mouse head fans. Does anyone have any idea how to do this? Anyone have a template? They should end up looking something like this:

FanSignatureExample.jpg

(Thanks to Jill for the great idea and picture).

Well I thank you all for your help and advice and i will be back with some updates on my phone appointment with Carol that took place Monday.

xoxo. -Courtenay-

I had a few requests to provide info on our menu. Below are the details. We made a few changes and were able to get the price down to $100 per person from $115 per person, that is a savings of $1800 based on 120 people. This included taking out the desserts but the DF, myself, and my parents don't know if we want to do that for sure. We may add it back and in that case I will update everyone on the price.

The menu is called The Glass Coach and it includes:

Cocktail Hour:

Antipasto display
spanikopita
crab cakes

Dinner Buffet:

medley of field greens with tomatoes, cucumbers, and carrots, low-fat zinfandel dressing, caesar dressing, and bacon ranch dressing.

Smoked duck, orange, and arugula salad

beets with fennel and truffle oil and goat cheese

olive oil grilled veggies

mahi mahi with creamed spinach and bacon

franicaise style chicken with lemon butter sauce (we substituted parmesan crusted chicken with mushroom cream sauce, no price difference for that substitution)

Basil mashed potatoes (we took this out and added a "potato" bar, but with different starches- orzo, roasted potatoes with onions, and truffle mac and cheese)

More Veggies

Carved to order peppercorn and mustard rubbed beef strip loin with caramalized red onion

focaccia, ciabatta, and baguettes with olive oil and butter

Bakery:

Cheescake with almonds and rasperry drizzle
Chocolate truffle torte

The original menu costs $115 per person. We made some changes immediately to include the aformentioned potato/starch bar and a make-your-own salad bar with all the different toppings, like eggs, mushrooms. bacon bits, etc. The price stayed the same at $115 per person. However, after deciding that we wanted to lower the price and talking to Carol that changed; Carol told us the price would remain higher with those items for the salad bar so we changed the salad bar back to the original that was on the menu. We cut out the spanikopita, the duck arugula salad, the beets, substituted the potato bar as I stated above, added a lobster corn chowder with pancetta, and took out the desserts (cheescake and torte) since we have a wedding cake and a groom's cake. That brought us down to $100 per person.

Dad doesn't seem all that worried about it but I figure it can save us money or we can use that money to include other things in the wedding, like lighting, which looks like it is going to cost quite a bit. More on that later... Hope this is helpful. :goodvibes

Hello lovlies! I don't know if there is a way to have multiple polls associated with a thread and if there is I sure can't figure it out. So I am just going to ask:

We are having open seating at our recpetion in ADH. Do you think we should still include table names/numbers?

If yes, I am going to make my own. :scared1: Scary.

We are also attempting to make our own programs that are the Mickey Mouse head fans. Does anyone have any idea how to do this? Anyone have a template? They should end up looking something like this:

FanSignatureExample.jpg

(Thanks to Jill for the great idea and picture).

Well I thank you all for your help and advice and i will be back with some updates on my phone appointment with Carol that took place Monday.

xoxo. -Courtenay-

I had a few requests to provide info on our menu. Below are the details. We made a few changes and were able to get the price down to $100 per person from $115 per person, that is a savings of $1800 based on 120 people. This included taking out the desserts but the DF, myself, and my parents don't know if we want to do that for sure. We may add it back and in that case I will update everyone on the price.

The menu is called The Glass Coach and it includes:

Cocktail Hour:

Antipasto display
spanikopita
crab cakes

Dinner Buffet:

medley of field greens with tomatoes, cucumbers, and carrots, low-fat zinfandel dressing, caesar dressing, and bacon ranch dressing.

Smoked duck, orange, and arugula salad

beets with fennel and truffle oil and goat cheese

olive oil grilled veggies

mahi mahi with creamed spinach and bacon

franicaise style chicken with lemon butter sauce (we substituted parmesan crusted chicken with mushroom cream sauce, no price difference for that substitution)

Basil mashed potatoes (we took this out and added a "potato" bar, but with different starches- orzo, roasted potatoes with onions, and truffle mac and cheese)

More Veggies

Carved to order peppercorn and mustard rubbed beef strip loin with caramalized red onion

focaccia, ciabatta, and baguettes with olive oil and butter

Bakery:

Cheescake with almonds and rasperry drizzle
Chocolate truffle torte

The original menu costs $115 per person. We made some changes immediately to include the aformentioned potato/starch bar and a make-your-own salad bar with all the different toppings, like eggs, mushrooms. bacon bits, etc. The price stayed the same at $115 per person. However, after deciding that we wanted to lower the price and talking to Carol that changed; Carol told us the price would remain higher with those items for the salad bar so we changed the salad bar back to the original that was on the menu. We cut out the spanikopita, the duck arugula salad, the beets, substituted the potato bar as I stated above, added a lobster corn chowder with pancetta, and took out the desserts (cheescake and torte) since we have a wedding cake and a groom's cake. That brought us down to $100 per person.

Dad doesn't seem all that worried about it but I figure it can save us money or we can use that money to include other things in the wedding, like lighting, which looks like it is going to cost quite a bit. More on that later... Hope this is helpful. :goodvibes

Hey Chick,

Hope your well! :) I like the idea of still having table names! and I really like the Fan idea! I think you would be fine making them yourself! :)

The buffet menu looks lovely! :) I think the idea about taking out the dessert is a good idea, we have done the same! :) I think its nice to have wedding cake as a pudding! We have to do this as we cant take our cake home bk to the uk so we have no choice! hehe

Mwah

xxx

Hey Courtenay :wave2: I've been following and reading your PJ this whole time but never commented, I like lurking :blush: you and Brian are so adorable it melts my heart, you both look amazingly happy together :goodvibes and WOW at your ring!

My ideas on table names: I really like the idea of having table names anyway, just because it fits with the decor you're going for. Perhaps you could have names in keeping with the Little Mermaid theme, like shell names, character names (doesn't she have a ton of sisters?) then again maybe you already have ideas of names? But if it's open seating then I don't think it's necessary to have table names so if it will cost you money that you would rather spend elsewhere, I think it's something you could cut

As for menu cards: if you're having (which I assume you are) cards at the buffet saying what everything is, then I don't think you need to spend money on menus to go on the table

I hope you don't mind me following along! :cutie:

Hey Courtenay :wave2: I've been following and reading your PJ this whole time but never commented, I like lurking :blush: you and Brian are so adorable it melts my heart, you both look amazingly happy together :goodvibes and WOW at your ring!

My ideas on table names: I really like the idea of having table names anyway, just because it fits with the decor you're going for. Perhaps you could have names in keeping with the Little Mermaid theme, like shell names, character names (doesn't she have a ton of sisters?) then again maybe you already have ideas of names? But if it's open seating then I don't think it's necessary to have table names so if it will cost you money that you would rather spend elsewhere, I think it's something you could cut

As for menu cards: if you're having (which I assume you are) cards at the buffet saying what everything is, then I don't think you need to spend money on menus to go on the table

I hope you don't mind me following along! :cutie:

Aww, I am so glad you are following along...and commented! I LOVE new lurkers :hyper:
I agree with you, I really like the idea of table names. I dragged Brian to the craft stores this past weekend and we bought a bunch of paper to get started on making programs, table names, and maybe even menu cards if it's not too expensive (again, I agree with you that there's no point in spending the money if we don't really need it).

Thanks for following along. I'll have some fun updates soon!

Pretty typical for me, I changed my mind about my wedding day shoes. I have some gorgeous satin pumps, very simple, and I love them, seen here (but slightly different and in ivory):
CynthiaR.jpg

But then I got to thinking (and browsing the internet :surfweb:) that I need some "fancy" shoes...fancy as in fun and unique and a little loud. I will still wear the other ones, but at the rehearsal dinner. I am known for my shoes by friends and family. They call me Imelda Marcos (Google her, she has 2700 pairs of shoes, I am not that excessive but maybe one day). Anywho, I thought it my duty to get some sparkly shoes for the special day:
s1.jpg

s2.jpg

No flash:
s3.jpg

My adorable and sweet momma got me these little slippers for when my feet get tired:
slippers.jpg

I also had a 2nd fitting for my dress. Here it is almost done:
dress.jpg

And here it is with the bustle (excuse my bat wing arms, they still need some work):
dressbustle.jpg

On a super duper happy and also a sad note (all at the same time)- I resigned from my current job. I know I had posted a little bit about stress at work and things being a little aggravating. Well I was offered a job in Human Resources (HR) and also a lot more money so I would be a fool not to take it...so I did. My last day at this job is on Friday. I am sad to go becuase I really like my co-workers, they are so funny and a great group, but my boss is a tyrrant and they won't give me a raise nor will they let me grow. So on I go. I am exited for new opportunities (and scared). I am also happy that I will get a week off between jobs to work on wedding projects and whatever else I please. Yay!

That's all for now. Have a wonderful day everyone.

OMG... you are so so beautiful in your dress... You look amazing! Your dress and vail are so so stunning! :cloud9: Your a very pretty girl!

I get what you mean about the Shoes, Loving the sparkly ones tho! Very you - Particularly if you are the shoe girl of the family! :)

As for the job, when you gotta go you gotta go! Onwards and Upwards, good luck in the new job! Im sure your old place will miss you! Even your boss! lol ???

Mwah

Happy Planning Chicken!

Faye

xx

OMG... you are so so beautiful in your dress... You look amazing! Your dress and vail are so so stunning! :cloud9: Your a very pretty girl!

I get what you mean about the Shoes, Loving the sparkly ones tho! Very you - Particularly if you are the shoe girl of the family! :)

As for the job, when you gotta go you gotta go! Onwards and Upwards, good luck in the new job! Im sure your old place will miss you! Even your boss! lol ???

Mwah

Happy Planning Chicken!

Faye

xx

Faye, you are really too sweet. Thank you! Loooovee the sparkles on the shoes. I tried them on and just stared at them forever, Brian thought I was crazy.

Thanks for the congrats on the job...at this point I don't care what my boss thinks lol :badpc:

I am loving the new sparkly shoes! Great choice! They remind me of Cinderella :goodvibes

And, excuse me, but you do NOT have bat wing arms! You look beautiful in your dress!

I am loving the new sparkly shoes! Great choice! They remind me of Cinderella :goodvibes

And, excuse me, but you do NOT have bat wing arms! You look beautiful in your dress!

Thank you!! I love the sparkles.... totally mesmerized by them. Thank you for making me feel better about my wings lol....I just wish they didn't keep moving after I stopped waving to someone lol....bahahahha. You're a sweetie. You know how us girls are.

Hi everyone! Happy Friday. I hope you are all having an amazing week. Just a few quick updates here:

Non-wedding related:
Today is my last day at the technology company I work for...no more tyrannical boss. :cool1: Gonna miss the guys I work with though, they are a lot of fun.

Mom and Dad are in twon tonight and until Monday! Excited to see them. They are so wonderful. Love them so much. Mom and I are probably going to try to hunt down some wedding related items like a pillow and glass slipper/s. We might even make our programs.

Wedding related:

I ordered a ton of Cricut Cuttlebug embossing folders that are Disney themed- Mickey and Minnie, Belle, Nemo, Winnie the Pooh, and a ton more. I plan to use these somehow for my table name cards. Here's one I purchased: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00161U6LA/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

I also started working on the fan programs which I think I already mentioned.

I ordered some candy/chocolate molds in the shape of a castle and in the shape of mickey mouse. I think these are the same ones that Impressions has and Disney, at least they look exactly the same, and they cost me $1 on amazon.com $1! As opposed to $3+ per favor. I can make all the favors myself pretty easily and it will be way less than what we'd pay to have them made. Here they are:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EJRAIW/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i01

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EBKQZ4/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00

Well I think that's it. Talk soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter