"courtesy points" direct from Disney

TheYellowDart

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

I was talking to a guide (trying to get me to buy) and she said that every year members can "rent" points from Disney if they need a few extra, up to 25. I am calling them "courtesy points" in this post but that is not what they are calling them. Do any of you have any details on these, how much do they cost etc? I would call the guide back but I don't want to have a long conversation about DVC today =)

Kyle

Disney changed the point charts a couple of years ago which caused some members to come up short for the same vacation. Disney then decided that they would transfer members points at $15 per point, (which is illegal for members to do).

Since then they have changed the point charts a couple more times. The argument is that they are required to do so to keep the system in balance, IMO they do it to increase add-on sales.

:earsboy: Bill

Ouch! 15 dollars is a pretty penny for only 15 points... I guess if you are just a little short it is okay. I was hoping for a little cheaper but who isn't.

They are called one-time-use points. You can purchase up to 24 once per use year at a cost of $15/point. You can only purchase the one-time-use points at 7 months or closer to check-in.

Full details are on the member website here (sign-on required): https://dvc.disney.go.com/dvc/member/memberDetail?id=OneTimeUseVacationPointsDetailPage

And, you can only buy them at the 7 month mark IF you are out of points for the UY of travel and would be forced to borrow. As long as you have points that don't need to be borrowed, you have to use those first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter