Courtyard by Marriot by Port-opinions please

tbuot

DIS Veteran<br><font color=navy>Wishes upon a star
I would love to hear about the good, the bad or the ugly of someone's stay at the Courtyard by Marriot by the port. I am deciding on where to stay and the Radisson looks good but, I have a Marriot gift cert. Any opinions would be welcome!

Yes, I'd love to hear if anyone stayed there too. Also, if anyone had the hairbraiding done before the cruise near here.

When are you going? We're going June 18. If I get there first, I'll let you know!

We will be there on Nov. 26 for the Thanksgiving Wonder cruise.

I would love to hear about it after your June cruise.

Courtyard by Marriott is typically a very good chain and one that is a pleasant place for an overnight stay. Back when I had a job that involved much on-the-job travel, I sat on a committee whose job it was to write a new travel policy. "Courtyard by Marriott or its equivalent" was the minimum hotel quality we wrote into that policy.

In all of my travels, I've only stayed at one Courtyard that I didn't like. It was in Houston and it was undergoing renovation.

That being said, although I haven't stayed at the Courtyard in Cocoa Beach, I <b><i>have</i></b> visited the property and thought it seemed like a very nice property. It's reasonably new, the lobby-area facilities seemed to be in good shape, and they had a nicely landscaped pool/whirlpool facility. Oh... and they had free Internet access in the lobby.

I think it's worthy of the use of your gift certificate.

Thank Dave... once again you have great info. I appreciate it!

We just stayed there on Valentine's Day before our cruise. 3 families all together. The hotel was great.

The rooms were clean. The pool area was nice. We ate lunch poolside. We ate lunch poolside and the food was decent. (The chicken fingers weren't as good as the ones on the cruise though:) ) We walked to the beach along a pathway, very convenient! Walked to Ron Jon in the evening and there were a few restaurants within walking distance too, both fast food and otherwise. We ate breakfast at their breakfast buffet. Very convenient. The best part though... the free shuttle to the pier. They don't have their own shuttle but use Art's (?) shuttle service. We asked to have them there at 11:00. They were there promptly in a 15 passenger van with a U-haul for the luggage. Easy.

I would definitely recommend them and stay there again. Hope this helps.

Mumph39,
What time did the shuttle pick you up at the port after the cruise? Did you request a special time or was it "scheduled"?

We had actually made arrangements ahead of time for another car company to pick us up. However, our driver from Art's said he could have picked us up too and brought us to the airport.

With the other company, Able Transportation, it was the same deal with the van and u-haul. It was $20 per person round trip from airport to hotel, and then port to airport. Quite a deal!
Able was just there waiting for us at 9:30 when we debarked the ship. Nothing fancy, but we were a large group and it got us to where we had to go.

Bumping up to find out what the "standard" pickup time is from the port after debarkation. Our car will be parked at the hotel.

I'm really not sure what is standard. I guess it all depends on your flight out if you are flying. If you are driving, then it's up to you. If you have early dinner seating, you are scheduled for early sit down breakfast on debarkation day. Around
7:00 a.m. (?). Late seating gets a later breakfast 8:30 ish. Topsiders also serves a basic continental breakfast that starts early. Once the ship is cleared at Port Canaveral you can debark. We were off the ship by 9:45 and we had the late breakfast seating. So, it all depends on if you're eating breakfast and what time the ship is cleared.

Hope this helps.

Mumph39,

Thanks for the feedback. However, I was actually trying to figure out if there was a standard time for the shuttle to come pick us from the terminal and bring us back to the Courtyard. We have main seating, and since we'll probably be getting off the board early, we don't want to spend too much time waiting for the shuttle.

We used a different shuttle company to leave the ship. However, when the Courtyard shuttel took us to the ship, the driver inquired if we needed a ride back. So, you can just make arrangements with them. The front desk of the Marriott was very helpful in arranging the transportation.

The company we used knew exactly how the debarking process worked and actually told us when and where to meet him.

Good luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter