• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

COVID State of Emergency - Lifted for Orange County?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew Caito

Mouseketeer
With the state of emergency being lifted for orange county at the end of the day today do we think that will change anything for Disney? for example: Formally going back to 100% capacity and justifying bringing back more cast members and opening everything fully to allow for more normal pre covid times. Maybe the dining plan can formally come back? maybe indoor mandate goes away as well?

I wonder if Osceola County will do the same

I’m hearing masks optional indoors very soon. Latest by Monday, probably sooner.

My vote is announced by Friday starts Monday. They announced the reinstating of the indoor masks within hours of the SOE being reinstated for Orange County . Disney follows Orange County more than the CDC.

With the state of emergency being lifted for orange county at the end of the day today do we think that will change anything for Disney? for example: Formally going back to 100% capacity and justifying bringing back more cast members and opening everything fully to allow for more normal pre covid times. Maybe the dining plan can formally come back? maybe indoor mandate goes away as well?
Not with the holidays coming.
We (Orlando) have finally got the rate down . We don't need a surge again.

Another just a FYI
Also Disney waited until Orange County was at Medium Risk. We are still at High Risk.
Hopefully this will happen in the next week or so.
1AD6A94B-4CE5-4D84-9BE6-E93AEC7A5B44.png2E755372-1804-43E5-8A08-DFBBE53BFAD2.png

Last edited:
Great news! Hope Disney drops the mask mandate for interior. I don't mind wearing them but will be happy to see that gone for the parks. Disney will make the right decision.
We had the hardest time finding masks for my youngest last trip. Tried a few Targets but they were sold out of the disposable ones we usually use. Searching Disney Springs and the resorts, out of the 7 gift shops we checked, 5 no longer carried Disney reusable masks, 1 had only size small in 1 style, and another had small and medium in 1 style each. It seems if they intend for the mandate to continue, they would restock their mask supply. Hope it is okay to post this and this isn't dwelling on a controversial topic, but it was just frustrating to have so much trouble trying to find a well-fitting mask nearby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter