Cozumel on a Sunday

DISfirstTimer

Mouseketeer
My itinerary has us in Cozumel on a Sunday. I’ve been hoping to do our dolphin swim at this port. I was researching the possibility of doing booking it on my own but have discovered both locations are closed on Sundays. Does this mean this excursions won’t be offered at all at this port or will they open up for cruisers?

I had a similar question. The Panama Canel cruise in March has us stopping in Cozumel on Sunday. Online research shows several places being closed on Sundays. Does Disney make a deal to have those places open for us, or will our list of excursions be limited compared to normal?

Maybe my bumping this thread will help…. I have the same question, as the 2021 WBPC also will be in Cozumel on a Sunday.

Maybe my bumping this thread will help…. I have the same question, as the 2021 WBPC also will be in Cozumel on a Sunday.
I think that in cases like this it might be best to contact the dolphin centres or DCL directly. I'm sure you'll get anecdotal answers from the board, but getting direct confirmation should be helpful as well.

We were in Cozumel on a Sunday in 2017 and Dolphin Discovery at Chankanaab was open. I contacted them since their website said they were closed and they said they would be open. We swam with the manatees and sea lions. I recommend doing the online chat with them and they'll keep offering you better and better deals. If you're interested in photos, make sure you get those built into the rate as they are ridiculously expensive. I was very glad we built them into our price.

Sunday is a family day for many in Cozumel and that is why many things are closed. I think it's great. That's when many of them hit the beaches etc.

I was worried (and posted about this a few weeks ago) because we are in Cozumel on a Sunday. But on Friday our booking window opened and all the DCL excursions I thought would be off limits are actually available. They must make concessions for ship excursions even if they are generally not open to the public.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter