CP Job Descriptions Thread

i was a monorail pilot which is under transportation...the first couple of months of the program i worked the monorail platforms and loaded people on and off of the trains, worked the gates, etc. About 2 months into it you start your drive training and if you get through the training and pass the check out then you become a monorail pilot. The check out is very rough and a lot of people fail but i don't konw of any cp's that have failed, its usually just the older cast members. Anyway, once you get through all the training its well worth it as you then have one of the most interesting jobs on property....how many people can say they operate a 7 million dollar train! Good Luck to everyone and have the time of your lives!

Hi there!

I was assigned to attractions and, as such, was a Safari Guide at Kilimanjaro Safaris for Spring 2007. I knew I wanted a spieling role and was pleased with my placement, despite having never been to DAK, let alone on the Safari.

After all of the general training, and DAKlimation, I began a 2 week KSR attraction training where we learned how the safari is set up (different work locations, emergency exits, backstage areas, etc.), all of the animals and several facts about them, general attraction procedures and protocol, the spiel, radio procedures, as well as how to check-out and drive those big trucks safely.

This job involved a lot of thought, work, and responsibilty, but was truly one of a kind! I typically worked 8-10 hours a day/5 days a week, but the hours varied on occasion and so did the length of my work week. At this attraction, you could work in any of the positions (Guide, Greeter, FP, FP Return, Mergepoint, Gatekeeper, Departure, Departure Assist, Pram, etc.). You could also occasionally get Parade or when opening, a part in the opening festivities. You would be assigned a placement each time you were sent out, though most of the time, you will be a guide. In the beginning you find yourself wanting this position all the time, but as time wears on you seem to be praying everytime for a "land" position...haha.

All in all, working in Harambe was a lot of fun! I made A LOT of friends and I think it was a great job for the CP. There are a lot of positions available and I certainly don't think you'll be disappointed if you get this placement :-) There is always something new or a little bit different and the people were great!

i was a monorail pilot which is under transportation...the first couple of months of the program i worked the monorail platforms and loaded people on and off of the trains, worked the gates, etc. About 2 months into it you start your drive training and if you get through the training and pass the check out then you become a monorail pilot. The check out is very rough and a lot of people fail but i don't konw of any cp's that have failed, its usually just the older cast members. Anyway, once you get through all the training its well worth it as you then have one of the most interesting jobs on property....how many people can say they operate a 7 million dollar train! Good Luck to everyone and have the time of your lives!

Wow, that's exactly what I want to do! Was it hard to get into Transportation?
What did you talk about on your interview??

Has anybody worked in the costuming dept? lol i have NEVER seen anybody on this board who has already worked in the costuming dept... :(

Wow, that's exactly what I want to do! Was it hard to get into Transportation?
What did you talk about on your interview??

To be honest, i don't remember much about the interview but i do remember telling them that i wanted transportation....if you tell them specifically that you want to drive the monorail it couldn't hurt. Unfortunately, out of the 5000 cp's each semester, less than 10 get monorails....good luck to you!

Has anyone worked attractions at pirates?!? I WOULD LOVE THAT!!!!

furthermore, does anyone have pictures of the CM's that work at pirates!?! I would love to see their costumes! I think it would be awesome to dress up as a pirate everyday and get to see capt jack!

furthermore, does anyone have pictures of the CM's that work at pirates!?! I would love to see their costumes! I think it would be awesome to dress up as a pirate everyday and get to see capt jack!

My best friend works at Pirates, among other attractions now, but when he was on his CP he worked at Pirates. He loved it, then hated it, then had a love/hate relationship with it...then he hit the point where he finally decided he loved it...and now he's been cross-trained at Jungle Cruise, and Haunted Mansion, too...which he also loves.

We were all jealous of his being a pirate...haha. Do you have any specific questions? I'll see if I can get answers for you.

My best friend works at Pirates, among other attractions now, but when he was on his CP he worked at Pirates. He loved it, then hated it, then had a love/hate relationship with it...then he hit the point where he finally decided he loved it...and now he's been cross-trained at Jungle Cruise, and Haunted Mansion, too...which he also loves.

We were all jealous of his being a pirate...haha. Do you have any specific questions? I'll see if I can get answers for you.

Basically, what is thier role... what's the costume like (pic?)... hours... is the guest interaction really good? Just basic information:)

I did merch at Pirates. The costume was sooooo bad. Really thick and heavy. I almost died.

I also did Pirates merchandise and the first day I was there I wore the costume and was told I had to get the Adventureland costume because the pirates pants would not fit me in length!! They were very uncomfortable the whole day I had to wear it!!!

I currently am on my CP in Attractions at Expedition Everest. I don't like it very much. I love when I get to go out to the greeter position or single rider greeter, etc because I get to interact and talk to guests. When I'm behind the consoles I'm miserable and bored. I work anywhere from 6-14 hrs a day, depends on how staffing is. Attractions is a fun role, just depends on the area you're placed in. A lot of other CPs in my area love it, I just don't particularly like it ^^;.

wow, sorry to hear about the pirates costumes! I've never actually been on the ride, as I'm a newly obsessed pirates fan, but i thought i would love it:) If anyone has pictures though, please post them if you can. I would still love to see them. I googled for them, but nothing came up.

And i'm also sorry to hear about everest! That was my choice if i was selected for AK attractions. i LOVE that ride:) But I can only imagine how repetitive and boring it could get doing turnstiles and such!

I was just wondering,can a cp become a character? Everyone on this thread is talking about every job but that one and I was getting nervous

I was just wondering,can a cp become a character? Everyone on this thread is talking about every job but that one and I was getting nervous

Yes, CPs are able to be character performers, which includes being "close friends" with fur characters and face characters. This is dependent your height and your performance during a required character audition (offered in a few cities around the US). At WDW, all character performers are eligible for the former, and if they are evaluated and have certain physical characteristics that casting associates find in key with the Disney show, may be able to participate in the latter.

what do you mean by close friends. Will I not be able to be someone like Alice but become more of a parade dancer type character

what do you mean by close friends. Will I not be able to be someone like Alice but become more of a parade dancer type character

It's an affectionate term used when talking about character performers... I'll PM you what it means. Needless to say, it all has to do with the show and the public's perception..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter