• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

cpap machines

disneydeb

DIS Veteran
just wondering if anyone had brought their cpap machines along on cruise and do you need special permisson or can you just bring it , thanks in advance

just wondering if anyone had brought their cpap machines along on cruise and do you need special permisson or can you just bring it , thanks in advance
You can just bring it. On the Wonder, there's no plug near the bed (at least there wasn't in our stateroom) and I had to go to guest services to get an extension cord. They also had distilled water, free of charge, to fill the tank, but frankly most of the time I just use the water from the tap, as it's pretty soft anyway. On the Dream and Fantasy there were plugs next to the bed, and I think they were there on the reimagined Magic as well.

The only piece I want to add is to remove the tubing from the machine during the day. I was storing the mask in a gallon ziploc bag in the cpap bag next to the nightstand between the wall and the bed on the floor. One morning I noticed the tubing was squished a bit from the making of the bed and possibly the cpap bag got moved some. After that I just put the hose in the bag in the morning with the mask and all was good.

On the Wonder, there's no plug near the bed
Don't know when you were on the Wonder, but that's one of the recent changes to the rooms onboard (made prior to her Westbound Panama Canal 2015).

We had outlets on both sides of the bed in our Wonder room last October
outlets wonder 2015 bedside P1080130 1500.jpg

outlets wonder 2015 bedside P1080131 1500.jpg

Don't know when you were on the Wonder, but that's one of the recent changes to the rooms onboard (made prior to her Westbound Panama Canal 2015).

We had outlets on both sides of the bed in our Wonder room last October

Yay! About time. Though it wasn't a huge problem before; just a little inelegant draping an extension cord over the furniture. But I'm glad they've got them now on all four ships.

My husband keeps an extension cord in his cpap travel case. When he goes security (airport and the port) he will usually alert them to the fact that it is a cpap. Never a problem. One airport made him take it out, but that was a while ago.

We just got off the Dream last week. In our stateroom there was only an outlet on one side of the room. The other side had the phone with a fairly short cord so it was hard to make space on that shelf for my wife's CPAP machine. We has a gallon of distilled water waiting for us in the room. Since we did a 4 night/3 night B2B we got a another gallon (that we didn't need) at the start of the second cruise. Had to go to guest services to get an extension cord which we ran under the bed. There is a $50 charge if you don't return the cord by the last night. I had to return the cord the morning of our first disembarkation and get the $50 credited back to the room, and then get another extension cord after we re-boarded. Getting of the second leg had to go get the charge reversed again before final disembarkation.

You have to return the cord the last night? How are you supposed to use your CPAP that night? We are cruising in a couple of weeks with a CPAP.

You have to return the cord the last night? How are you supposed to use your CPAP that night? We are cruising in a couple of weeks with a CPAP.

I believe the charge hits your account on the last night. Just return it the following morning prior to debarkation and have them reverse the charge. I also recommend that if you haven't already, contact DCL's Special Services Department (407-566-3602) to have it noted on your reservation. Extension cords are available first-come first-served but they are supposed to hold one for medical equipment needs if they know in advance.

Enjoy your cruise!

We always have it noted on the reservation, but we bring our own cords and a gallon of distilled water is always in the cabin waiting for my wife.

AKK

I don't remember it being on the last bill sent to your room , we just returned it in the morning. House keeping told us just to leave it in the room but he person at the desk said that was not the thing to do . I think when we are on the Fantasy or Dream we end up unplugging the clock so we don't need an extention cord.

We also have it on our reservation so we get the water.

Do not put it in with your luggage, even the curb side people will tell you that, they won't take it . It is one thing you have to carry with you until your room is ready.

I believe the charge hits your account on the last night. Just return it the following morning prior to debarkation and have them reverse the charge. I also recommend that if you haven't already, contact DCL's Special Services Department (407-566-3602) to have it noted on your reservation. Extension cords are available first-come first-served but they are supposed to hold one for medical equipment needs if they know in advance.

Enjoy your cruise!
We have already submitted the form so hopefully we'll have the ext cord and water waiting for us. Thank you for putting my mind at ease about the charges. Thanks! Can't wait...it's our first cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter