CR tower or GF SL CL?

jemtx

DIS Veteran
Might need to rebook our trip. With new dates our original promotion for CR tower is a bit more money & the SL CL at the Grand would only be about $20/night for the new dates. What would you do??

Is the CR Tower room a standard room or CL? I, personally, prefer GF as a resort overall, so I would probably lean toward that.
It would be a regular tower room at the CR vs an outer building (sugar loaf club level) at GF.
Thanks.
p.s. we’ve never stayed at GF. Have only stayed at CR, YC (both CL and non-CL) and swan/dolphin (a long, long time ago)

It would be a regular tower room at the CR vs an outer building (sugar loaf club level) at GF.
Thanks.
p.s. we’ve never stayed at GF. Have only stayed at CR, YC (both CL and non-CL) and swan/dolphin (a long, long time ago)
For $20 SL is a way better value! Breakfast, soup at lunch, evening appetizers, fun things like scones and tea at 2:30P

However the SL building alone is a good thing. It is a great location to pool and transportation (see map if needed).

What’s nice it is on the mono loop it’s so easy to visit CR or Poly if needed.

For $20 I’d pick CL every time:)

For $20 SL is a way better value! Breakfast, soup at lunch, evening appetizers, fun things like scones and tea at 2:30P

However the SL building alone is a good thing. It is a great location to pool and transportation (see map if needed).

What’s nice it is on the mono loop it’s so easy to visit CR or Poly if needed.

For $20 I’d pick CL every time:)
I was kind of thinking the same thing about the value as you mentioned. I’ve never stayed at GF and just didn’t know how much of a bummer it would be to be in an outer building. Unfortunately the main building was almost another $200!?!
We had such good rates on our original booking though, I just don’t think I’ll find stuff that low again for the summer.

Thanks.

For $20 more, I would definitely do GF outer building CL over a standard CR tower room. With the food and beverage included, that's a very good value, IMHO.

Kind of contrarian view here but I have a hard time going GF SL as the obvious winner here. I would absolutely stay there again, so don’t get me wrong, it’s just not my favorite CL of the bunch. I would make sure GF as a resort and its location fit your Disney preferences vs deciding on just the CL part alone. (In my humble opinion)

GF is my fave resort, CL or no CL. It’s a beautiful resort, the buildings aren’t far away. All the outer buildings are like a mini main building.
The pools are very nice too, as are the lovely grounds.
I was never a fan of CR, it’s too sterile for me and the pool is just a pool. No pretty landscaping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter