Crazy

If you re-schedule to a more expensive time, I'd assume you'll be charged the extra.

So you’re telling me that Disney is not doing a thing about pricing when people are being forced to reschedule?

OP, if that is the case try and get a hotel with a less expensive rate for the new nights you are going.

I know during the hurricane they honored FD for me and moved to dates *outside* of the promotion. The price also did not increase

So you’re telling me that Disney is not doing a thing about pricing when people are being forced to reschedule?

OP, if that is the case try and get a hotel with a less expensive rate for the new nights you are going.
I'm not telling you anything. I'm going with common sense and previous policies. They aren't being charged $1000 more to reschedule, the dates they've picked to reschedule are more than likely higher-priced.

So sorry for your loss and then having to reschedule your vacation. That's quite a double-whammy!

I'm guessing maybe there aren't any discounts available yet for your new dates. I'd wait it out a bit, hoping a discount comes along. But also consider some other options: changing your resort, drop hoppers if you have them, reduce the number of days (either in the park or overall), drop the dining plan as you may be able to do some other cost-saving dining.

Good luck with the reschedule and enjoy your vacation!

Maybe call and ask to speak with guest services in a couple days. See if someone can honor the price of your original reservation, provided that your resort/length of stay/etc is all the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter