Credit card on file for dining reservations now cancelled

kniquy

DIS Veteran
So my Disney visa card, which i used to make my dining reservations was compromised, so that card was cancelled and a new one sent to me.

I am wondering- how necessary it is to update my reservations with the new card number? Our trip isn't until April and i plan on calling a CM to update but do i have anything to worry about right now?

With all the turmoil of todays IT problems i am figuring i will give it a couple days before i call to update.

Is there a way to make a blanket update on the MDE site?

I would call the dining reservation line and let them know. Thats what we did in the spring when our card got compromised and they said they made the appropriate changes. Never had an issue during the trip and we paid with our Chase Disney Visa so I assume whatever they did was correct.

This happened to me once. When I called the CM looked around in her system but said she couldn't find a way to update the dining reservations without cancelling them. This was several years ago however so they might have a way to do it now. She did tell me that it wouldn't matter anyway because the card would only be charged if we were a no show (or cancelled outside of the allowed time frame). So we just kept the reservation as they were but we never had any issue.

You don't need to call. Just go into your account online and update the card that is saved. I just had this happen to me and a new card was issued. Nothing happened to my current ADRs and I easily deleted the old card and entered the information. It took two seconds. I'd avoid calling Disney at all costs, their hold times are ridiculous

I agree with the previous suggestion to update the credit card in your MDE profile. That won't actually update the card info on your ADRs though, but I was told that is not an issue. It happened to me one year when my card expired between when ADRs were booked and my trip. I had no issues.

Update your MDE account in case you want to make new ADR's, and don't worry about the ones you've made already.

Why are people suggesting to call to update a card? It’s really easy to do online, cards expire all the time so they make it easy to change it. This is why people can’t get through on the phone when they genuinely need to.

So i did finally get through to a CM and as a previous poster mentioned they said there was no need to change anything and there wasn't a way to change anything. The only way that it would matter is if they need to charge the card for a no show. I did update my card in the system and made other reservations, but i had to call to make sure that reservations I had under the old card would not be affected -- no way was i going to lose my Ohana reservation!!!

Why are people suggesting to call to update a card?
My question was in relation to updating a card linked to a dining reservation - usually when cards expire and you receive new ones you have the same card # but different expiration and security code. Unfortunately my card was compromised so i have a totally new card #. It is very easy to update in the system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter