• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cribs at DVC Resorts?

Polynesian27

Mouseketeer
I know that the villa's have pack n plays in the room, but can you request an actual crib, or do you have to rent the actual crib from one of the off site vendors? Thanks!

The official position from DVC is that cribs are not provided. Some co-located resorts have cribs but they are not guaranteed. If you really need one, I would rent from off-site. DVC can provide you with the names of a couple of companies.

:earsboy: Bill

Our granddaughters are staying with us in late July at BLT. While there's a good chance the Contemporary might have had a crib available when we asked, I was nervous about the whole "not guaranteed" thing. Our daughter in law said the pack and play would be fine if the crib didn't work out, but I just felt better renting one. Same for the bed rails for the older granddaughter.

We used A Baby's Best Friend (www.abbf.com), and got a full-sized crib for the 1 y/o, bed rails for the 3 y/o, and a double stroller w/ rain cover for 8 nights. The total with tax will be $186. The crib was about $75 of that.

One of the other things I liked about getting it from ABBF is that they steam clean the cribs in between each rental, ship it wrapped in plastic, and provide laundered linens in a sealed plastic bag.

For anyone who has rented a crib from A Baby's Best Friend, how does the delivery work? Will they leave it at the hotel if you're not there and you have to get it up to the room? Do you have to arrange to be there so they can bring it directly to your room? We'll have our 19-month old grandson with us and renting a crib sounds better than going with the pack-and-play. Thanks.

The past weekend at BLT we requested a crib from mousekeeping and it was delivered within a few minutes.

We've rented from ABBF quite a few times because I don't trust the "no guarantee" policy at the resorts and on our first trip DD did not sleep well in the Pack n play.

They deliver to bell services and when you're ready bell services will bring it to your room. At the end, just put the mattress back in the bag and return to bell services. I always bring my own sheet b/c she likes a certain kind.

We have rented twice through ABBF. They'll leave the crib at bell services and text you when it's there. Then, when you get into your room, call bell services and let them know you have a crib you need delivered. They'll bring it up and you just give them a tip. At the end of your stay you put the mattress and bedding back in the plastic bags and again call bell services. Bell services stores it and ABBF comes and picks it up. Nice, clean products, and friendly service. We will be using them again in October.

I would also like to mention that when we got one of the Disney cribs at AKL, it is NOT a regular full size crib. It is much smaller. It has metal bars and they don't have bumpers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter