Cringe-worthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were the first ones at the turnstiles at MK and a French family was behind us. The LADY shoves my 5 y/o neice in order to be first through the TS!!! My sister could only think of one thing to say in French which she learned many years ago: "haricot vert". (green bean) We have laughed about that many times. The french family actually looked at us like we were crazy. I guess shoving kids is ok in France.

Green Bean! That is hilarious!!:rotfl:

We were strolling through AK one morning..I happen to glance over at the tables for Pizzafari (which was not opened yet)....and there was a dad changing his babies diaper on top of one of the tables. :scared::scared::scared:

:scared1: Note to self: PACK DISINFECTANT WIPES AND WIPE DOWN EVERY TABLE!

Ready for this one? We were strolling around MK on our last trip and we end up behind a young gril of about 18-19. She is pooh sized mind you and all we can see from behind is her non-existant see through white mini skirt with a hot pink thong hanging out at the top. It gets worse. You see, it was hanging out on purpose because she had her car keys/room key hooked to it.:scared1: All I could theink was "lets get out of her way, because if that thing breaks loose, we're all in for a horrible sight. Have you lost your appetite yet?:lmao:

Wow wow wow. I am definitely cringing now. Is there enough therapy in the world? Honestly?

Am I dreaming, or isn't there language somewhere on the Disney ticketing fine print that says something about not permitting excessively foul language and that clothing must be 'suitable'? I really thought they at least had these rules on the books, although I admit that I imagine it's already tough enough being a CM.

Funny -- even before this thread was started, I was thinking this morning about the lack of understanding so many people seem to have about the lines between personal and public. Yes, you paid for your WDW vacation, but that does not give you the right to totally disregard decent behavior -- you are sharing your vacation with thousands of other people who also have rights (the right to eat without contracting bacterial poisoning, the right to keep profanity from the ears of the young or from anyone frankly who doesn't want to hear that kind of language in a place where they really should not have to hear it, etc.).

I do wish WDW would spend just a little more (I know, I know) on CMs dedicated to security. People who's jobs it would be to let people know that they can't smoke outside of designated areas, that they need to change diapers in restrooms only, that foul language isn't permitted (seriously, tell me I'm not dreaming about that rule!), and to be more generally available when people do get out of control....

We were hanging around the Marketplace on our last day and there was a guy walking around wearing a T-shirt with a rather freaky looking Mickey on the front and a big bold "F--- YOU! -From Florida" on the back. Guess he doesn't care much for tourists... :earboy2:

Everywhere we eat, I make sure none of the food rests on the table service. At fast food places, I unfold a napkin to make a placemat, etc. I'm teaching this to my kids, too.

I agree! My kids know that food that hits the table is the same as food on the floor-do not eat it! I prefer to hold the e.coli on my meals.
Also, I don't think that it is judgmental to expect everyone to keep their butts covered in public, even a baby... I've changed some diapers that I wouldn't subject others to!

Oh yeah!!! I guess she wanted easy access since she didn't have any pockets. I failed to mention in my first post that you could see the "crease of her buttucks" through her skirt. I just thought "I'm going in the opposite direction of her" because I didn't want to ride any rides after her naked bum was just there!!!!:scared1: Come on.This girl absolutely knew what she was doing. Nobody can be quite that ignorant!!!

I think she could be that ignorant. My future DIL is a little on the larger size with a very well endowed chest, DDDD. She wears tight fitting jeans that show her rear and her thong when she bends over. She also wears very low cut shirts that show almost everything. She thinks she looks good and has no idea how she appears to other people. :confused3 I just try not to eat when she's around because I really lose my appetite. Now that I think of it I should spend more time with her so I can lose some weight. :lmao:

People never cease to amaze me....or disgust me. :scared1:

Wonder if all the diaper changers do that on their own dining room table.

We were the first ones at the turnstiles at MK and a French family was behind us. The LADY shoves my 5 y/o neice in order to be first through the TS!!! My sister could only think of one thing to say in French which she learned many years ago: "haricot vert". (green bean) We have laughed about that many times. The french family actually looked at us like we were crazy. I guess shoving kids is ok in France.

Thank you so much for sharing this...I am literally crying laughing at this. :rotfl2::lmao:

If any of you hear a crazy southern gal yell "green bean" in September, you will know why.

last june trip my family took we were walking in frounter land and i spoted an older man releaving himself threw the split rail fences.didnt even get in the bushes.just steppen up on the curb and let it go.a fence post was kind of hideing it a little but you could tell what was going on.when my dw confermed the situation i fell out laughing i thought it was hilarious.:rotfl2:

I have a 2 year old and another on the way. Never, would I ever consider changing my child's diaper anywhere but a changing station or bathroom. Nobody should be subjected to the smells that come out of my child at times. And Disney has such well kept Baby Care Centers! That's one of the best take a breather moment areas in Disney.

I have two cringe moments. The first would be the guy in front of us on the boat in Small World who decided it would be the perfect opportunity to work a good one up and spit in the water. The other would be walking through World Showcase and getting in to Germany where we witnessed a parent helping their child vomit over the fence in to the grass. Now, I understand when a kids throwing up and it comes out of no where there's sometimes nothing you can do about it. But, it's a little different when the parent says "If you're going to puke, do it over the fence. I don't want to have to deal with cleaning it up!" :crazy2:

I also saw a kid peeing into the shrubbery at POFQ while his dad watched. Apparently the 20 foot walk to the bathroom would have been too much for the lad. :confused3

i spoted an older man releaving himself threw the split rail fences.didnt even get in the bushes.just steppen up on the curb and let it go..:rotfl2:

I know children that will turn their backs to you and think you can't see what they are doing. It amazes me when adults seem to think they are invisible :lmao:

My husband always says he saved my niece from certain blindness at Typhoon Lagoon. I missed it, but apparently a rather portly guy stripped out of his street clothes and into his Speedo right beside them. :scared1:

My husband blocked my niece's view, and thus, she did not go blind!! :rotfl:

There ARE changing rooms, but I guess this guy didn't think he needed one. :confused3

We were at Blizzard Beach last June and it looked like it was going to start to rain so we packed up and headed out. While waiting for a bus back to the resort it started to thunder - so they closed the park. As we continued to wait at the front of the line for a bus EVERYONE :scared1:from Blizzard Beach started showing up at the bus stops.

After 30 minutes still not many buses had come and there was a HUGH crowd starting to build and to top it off the thunder was turning to lightening. A bus finally stopped at our bus stop and this lady runs up to the bus driver screaming and yelling at the bus driver that our bus (ALL STARS) should take her (and her group) to THEIR resort instead!!! That they were waiting longer, etc. :confused3

I mean she went crazy yelling. The bus driver tried to tell her he couldn't do that - so then she went to stand in front of the bus, yelling that she wouldn't move! The other people in the line (this was hundreds of people) started shouting at her to get out of the way. Another bus driver came over to help load our bus. And we eventually drove away.

I'm not sure what happened to her - but that was the closest I have ever been to feeling like a riot was about to start. :scared1:

Wow... that is all I can say to that... WOW:sad2:

I will say I am sure some people who saw me from behind at MK one day when my pants got a hole in them may have posted here about the lady who was walking around with hot pink undies showing through a hole on the back of her jeans. The hole was actually brought to my attention by a lady standing behind me in line for Aladdin's Carpets. After my face went back to normal from the brought red it had turned, I laughed and mentioned that with the kids these days and what they wear, I'd probably fit in with a lot of them. I really did not want to go all the way back to the hotel and change my clothes. The hole wasn't that big, it was like a hole with threads running through it. I threw the jeans away as soon as I got back to the room, and for the whole time I was at MK, I intentionally kept my back turned against a wall.

I will say, and I don't mean to target any one person's posting that I have seen. I have seen many, many posts where people mention french people or a french person when talking about bad experiences they have had. I just want to point out, that people who mention this while saying the person was french should go ahead and remove the word french from their posting. The main reason being that people stereotype certain nationalities unfortunately, and it really does tag those nationalities negatively. The same goes for people from New York. People stereotype them as rude. They hear someone speaking with a northeastern accent, and say it is a person from NY. Unless the person knows they are from NY, how can they be so sure they are not from New Jersey, Delaware, Virginia or even Arkansas? Yes we have many transplants from the northeast here in AR who bring their accent they picked up as children with them, despite having moved here when they were 18 years old, and have been here for 20 years. So just because you hear someone speaking french, this does not mean they are from france. Many countries around the world speak french as their primary language, including parts of Louisiana where they still carry their french roots and speak french often as their primary language. Canada and parts of Africa as well as some Caribbean islands all have a large population who speaks french.

I don't mean to sound negative, I am just pointing out what I have seen unfortunately quite often, especially on threads about negative experiences at WDW. I am sure that many people do it without thinking, but it still does bother me. It would probably be different if the tables were turned and you repeatedly saw people posting about "this American person" or "this British person", etc. It really can offend people and hurt people. Stereotypes should not be used here on the boards or anywhere for that matter. I hope this posting opens people's minds up who may be inadvertently offending people by saying these types of things, and help them to see their error.

I will say I am sure some people who saw me from behind at MK one day when my pants got a hole in them may have posted here about the lady who was walking around with hot pink undies showing through a hole on the back of her jeans. The hole was actually brought to my attention by a lady standing behind me in line for Aladdin's Carpets. After my face went back to normal from the brought red it had turned, I laughed and mentioned that with the kids these days and what they wear, I'd probably fit in with a lot of them. I really did not want to go all the way back to the hotel and change my clothes. The hole wasn't that big, it was like a hole with threads running through it. I threw the jeans away as soon as I got back to the room, and for the whole time I was at MK, I intentionally kept my back turned against a wall.

I will say, and I don't mean to target any one person's posting that I have seen. I have seen many, many posts where people mention french people or a french person when talking about bad experiences they have had. I just want to point out, that people who mention this while saying the person was french should go ahead and remove the word french from their posting. The main reason being that people stereotype certain nationalities unfortunately, and it really does tag those nationalities negatively. The same goes for people from New York. People stereotype them as rude. They hear someone speaking with a northeastern accent, and say it is a person from NY. Unless the person knows they are from NY, how can they be so sure they are not from New Jersey, Delaware, Virginia or even Arkansas? Yes we have many transplants from the northeast here in AR who bring their accent they picked up as children with them, despite having moved here when they were 18 years old, and have been here for 20 years. So just because you hear someone speaking french, this does not mean they are from france. Many countries around the world speak french as their primary language, including parts of Louisiana where they still carry their french roots and speak french often as their primary language. Canada and parts of Africa as well as some Caribbean islands all have a large population who speaks french.

I don't mean to sound negative, I am just pointing out what I have seen unfortunately quite often, especially on threads about negative experiences at WDW. I am sure that many people do it without thinking, but it still does bother me. It would probably be different if the tables were turned and you repeatedly saw people posting about "this American person" or "this British person", etc. It really can offend people and hurt people. Stereotypes should not be used here on the boards or anywhere for that matter. I hope this posting opens people's minds up who may be inadvertently offending people by saying these types of things, and help them to see their error.

Thank you so much for saying this. It bothers me too and as a French teacher from Quebec living here in the United States, it takes a while to get the point across to my students that stereotyping of any kind is never acceptable. Unfortunately, many of them do it for a laugh from their classmates and it becomes a very long, uphill battle. Anyway, back to topic.

Subbing - this thread is getting interesting - :upsidedow

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter