Crock Pot Chicken/Dumplings Recipe

ugadog99

<font color=blue>Has been waiting patiently for a
I would like to make chicken and dumplings this weekend, but want to use the crockpot. Can anyone share a great recipe with me?

TIA!!

i have one from the fix it and forget it cookbook. i've never tried it,but here it is..

4 whole chicken breasts or 1 small chicken
3/4 cup sliced carrots
1/4 cup chopped onions
1/4 cup chopped celery
1 1/2 cups peas
4-6 tbsp.flour
1 cup water
salt & pepper to taste
buttermilk baking mix for dumplings
paprika to taste

1.cook chicken in water in soup pot. cool,skin, and debone chicken. return broth to boiling in soup pot.
2.cook vegetables in microwave on high for 5 minutes.
3.meanwhile, combine flour and water until smooth. add to boiling chicken broth. add enough extra water to make 4 cups broth, making sure gravy is fairly thick. season with salt and pepper.
4.combine chicken, vegetables, and gravy in slow cooker
5. mix dumplings as directed on baking mix box. place dumplings on top of chicken in slow cooker. sprinkle with paprika.
6.cover. cook on high 3 hours.

hope this helps you guys out!

This is the easiest crock pot chicken and dumpling recipe ever! It's really kid friendly, too. My picky eater DS ate 3 helpings!

2 chicken breast--boneless/skinless (I just wanted to add that I've been using 2 lbs. chicken thighs instead...the breasts were too dry for me)
1 can cream chicken soup
2 T margarine
2 cans biscuits
1 soup can of water

Put the chicken breasts in a crockpot, top w/ soup, margarine, and water. Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours. Then, shred the chicken w/ 2 forks and stir. 45 minutes before serving (turn to "high" if cooking on "low"), add cut up biscuits.

Very simple and very good!!

I got this recipe here on the DIS and I'm glad I found it. I make it at least 2 times a month this winter!

Yummy! I will have to try both of these. I have a great friend who makes it homemade in a pressure cooker but they make me nervous.

I made the Chicken and Dumplings with the canned biscuits but found the biscuits to be a bit undercooked. I cooked them for the directed 45 minutes on high. Is there a way to tell if the dumplings are adequately cooked before serving?

I made the Chicken and Dumplings with the canned biscuits but found the biscuits to be a bit undercooked. I cooked them for the directed 45 minutes on high. Is there a way to tell if the dumplings are adequately cooked before serving?

Hmm, 45 minutes was fine for me. If you want, just play around with the time. I know that with my crock pot, things cook faster than others. If, for example, a recipe calls for me to cook something for 6-8 hours on low, my crock pot will be done in 4-6 hours.

Next time, maybe try one of the dumplings and see if it's done to your satisfaction.

Sorry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter