Crock pot crazy

Sorry I didn't answer you sooner, but I haven't been on this thread in a while. Any thinly sliced deli ham will do.

If I don't have "chipped ham" can I still do this with some ham from the grocery store. Would this be a ham roast??

thanks

I haven't had time to read the entire thread, but here is my contibution.

You can do this with a beef roast, pork shoulder on chicken.

Rub meat with packaged taco seasoning, Spray pot with pam and pace meat inside. Pour in a small can of ortega chili's and 1/4 cup of vinegar. Cook on low about 8 hours until meat is tender ( around 4 hours for chicken). When meat is done shred with a fork and return to pot. Fill flour tortillias with meat, cheese, lettuece tomato and sour cream.

Yippee! I'm so glad I found this thread. I was just telling DH on Mon that I wanted to start using the crockpot more. It's just so darn easy. Really helps ease the tension in the afternoon when kids are wild and I'm trying to get supper on the table. I need a new one though, so any suggestions on which to buy would be great.:thumbsup2

Thanks!

I haven't had time to read the entire thread, but here is my contibution.

You can do this with a beef roast, pork shoulder on chicken.

Rub meat with packaged taco seasoning, Spray pot with pam and pace meat inside. Pour in a small can of ortega chili's and 1/4 cup of vinegar. Cook on low about 8 hours until meat is tender ( around 4 hours for chicken). When meat is done shred with a fork and return to pot. Fill flour tortillias with meat, cheese, lettuece tomato and sour cream.

Oh my gosh, I have to try this one. I have a pork roast and most of the fixings. I think we will have it this weekend. Thanks so much.

I'm so glad I found this thread. I just bought a crock pot today.. deciding I need more ways to cook, I'm a SAHM that just turned into a working mom.. and finding the time to make dinner is the biggest challenge. I need to make healthier foods, rather than quicker foods.

Any-hoo.. I just spend hour searching the internet for wonderful recipes.. when I thought to myself.. the smart folks at the DIS boards!

I will keep looking.. we are vegetarian, but I'm pretty good at modifying recipes.. so I'll keep looking, and after I start trying the recipes, I'll post yummy ones here. :thumbsup2

OOOOPS ! For the Burrito Fixns on post 302 I forgot to write onion. Add one chopped medium onion.

Yay! I'm so glad this thread is still going.

I have a question:
Do most of you used thawed chicken in your recipes or can you use frozen?

I'm thinking about doing a lot of night before prep--if I pull the chicken breasts out of the freezer into the fridge overnight, will they defrost enough for me to just pop them in?

Thanks! I'm so terrible at cooking and I need to get into cooking at home vs eating out all the time.

I have to admit I had my doubts with some of the ingredients for this receipe (Golden Mushroom Soup, Cream Cheese with Chives??) but WOW was this good! The sauce was rich and creamy - kinda like an alfedo sauce but much more flavor. Cooking on HIGH for 4 hours turned out not to be a problem. I will definately make this one again. Thanks for posting this delicious receipe.

I am making this tonight too...wish me luck!

My store did not carry the golden mushroom soup, hope regular cream of mushroom works okay!!!

I can't wait for the end results on this one. This is my first attempt in my new crockpot!

Mrs. Disney Ron

I made this yesterday and it was awesome!!! :goodvibes:

PORK CHOPS IN THE CROCK POT/ MOIST AND AMAZINGLY AWESOME

6 Pork Chops
1 Dry Box of Stuffing Mix (StoveTop)
1 Medium Onion sliced (1/2 cup)
1 Can Condensed Cream of Celery Soup (10-3/4 oz)
1/4 Cup Water
Pepper to taste

Wash and place your pork chops in the Crock
Cover with the dry stuffing mix (along with the herb packet)
Next add the Onions
Condensed Soup (directly from the can)
1/4 Cup Water

Cover and cook all day (7-8 hours) LOW
OR 1/2 day (3-4 hours) HIGH

Anyone that tries this, please come back and post how you liked it. :woohoo:

I'm making Five Flavor Chicken at home right now. i'll let you know how it turns out!

Kar, that receipe looks great! Maybe I'll try it tomorrow!

Yippee! I'm so glad I found this thread. I was just telling DH on Mon that I wanted to start using the crockpot more. It's just so darn easy. Really helps ease the tension in the afternoon when kids are wild and I'm trying to get supper on the table. I need a new one though, so any suggestions on which to buy would be great.:thumbsup2

I would get an oval one if at all possible but avoid the programmable ones. The only time I've ever burned anything in a crock was with one of those. I much prefer the basic low/high ones. I have a 5 qt. round and it is good for most things but we sometimes have problems fitting large pieces of meat.

Yay! I'm so glad this thread is still going.

I have a question:
Do most of you used thawed chicken in your recipes or can you use frozen?

I'm thinking about doing a lot of night before prep--if I pull the chicken breasts out of the freezer into the fridge overnight, will they defrost enough for me to just pop them in?

Thanks! I'm so terrible at cooking and I need to get into cooking at home vs eating out all the time.

I ALWAYS use frozen chicken breasts in my crockpot recipes. In fact, I put the frozen breasts in the crock, add the rest of my ingredients and then put the crock in the fridge the night before. The next day, I just pop the crock in and turn it on. Couldn't be easier!

I'm making Five Flavor Chicken at home right now. i'll let you know how it turns out!

Kar, that receipe looks great! Maybe I'll try it tomorrow!

HOWDY SARAH!!!! :yay:

You will love this recipe. I use the crock pot all winter and DH said he is bumping this recipe to the TOP of the list. Please try it and let me know what you think. The best with this dish is NO PREP. Just put everything in and set it and go!!! I love nice and easy and simple. :goodvibes:

I'm having an issue with my crock pot. It doesn't seem to be working efficiently on the LOW setting.

I put all the fixin's for beef stew in the pot at 7:00 am, set it on LOW and went on my merry way. At 7:00 pm, I dished out the stew and the potatoes were still crunchy. The same thing happened again when I made black eyed peas. Put them on at 9:00 pm one night at LOW, tried them at 5:00 pm the next day and they were not done.

Has anyone had this happen? My crock is about 8 years old so it shouldn't be worn out. It's a 5 qt. round with LOW/HIGH setting.

TIA!

I ALWAYS use frozen chicken breasts in my crockpot recipes. In fact, I put the frozen breasts in the crock, add the rest of my ingredients and then put the crock in the fridge the night before. The next day, I just pop the crock in and turn it on. Couldn't be easier!
That's what i did last night. This could definitely be my new way of cooking. i got 3 recipe books out of the library! :teeth:

Anyone have a favorite Crock Pot cook book?

HOWDY SARAH!!!! :yay:

You will love this recipe. I use the crock pot all winter and DH said he is bumping this recipe to the TOP of the list. Please try it and let me know what you think. The best with this dish is NO PREP. Just put everything in and set it and go!!! I love nice and easy and simple. :goodvibes:

Hi Kar! :teeth: I was wondering if you would remember me. :teeth:

DH bought some pork chops and we both hate them, so I thought your recipe might be the perfect way to try them. Plus I actually have all of the ingredients, which is rare for me! lol
I'll report back once I make it!

That's what i did last night. This could definitely be my new way of cooking. i got 3 recipe books out of the library! :teeth:

Anyone have a favorite Crock Pot cook book?

Hi Kar! :teeth: I was wondering if you would remember me. :teeth:

DH bought some pork chops and we both hate them, so I thought your recipe might be the perfect way to try them. Plus I actually have all of the ingredients, which is rare for me! lol
I'll report back once I make it!

SARAH: My favorite is "FIX-IT AND FORGET-IT: FEASTING for the Slow Cooker by Dawn J. Ranck and Phyllis P. Good!!! :thumbsup2

Try looking for it on Amazon and see if they have any "used"! I have bought quite a few "used" books on Amazon. They are always in great condition and the price is so right.

i have not used them - but my neighbors are all hooked on crockpot liners. i have seen them in use and they are amazing, they cook it right in the bag, and then it gets thrown away and you dont even need to wash the crock! it has worked great w/ messy hot dips, etc.

i have not used them - but my neighbors are all hooked on crockpot liners. i have seen them in use and they are amazing, they cook it right in the bag, and then it gets thrown away and you dont even need to wash the crock! it has worked great w/ messy hot dips, etc.

I love the liners. I always use them. The only thing you need to be careful with is when using forks to get stuff out of the pot as they can tear. DH has a habit of eating staight out of the cockpot so half the time I have to wash the pot but at least it's just the juices. :)

SARAH: My favorite is "FIX-IT AND FORGET-IT: FEASTING for the Slow Cooker by Dawn J. Ranck and Phyllis P. Good!!! :thumbsup2

Try looking for it on Amazon and see if they have any "used"! I have bought quite a few "used" books on Amazon. They are always in great condition and the price is so right.

I've got that one. Did you know there's a whole series of them? :thumbsup2

anyone got a good butternut squash soup recipe? I've got one that includes applesauce that I'm going to try, but I was looking for more straight squash.

anyone got a good butternut squash soup recipe? I've got one that includes applesauce that I'm going to try, but I was looking for more straight squash.

could you post the recipe that you DO have? I LOVE butternut squash soup (especially on the Disney cruise....YUMMY!!!!) and would love to try making it at home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter