Crowds 2 Weeks Before Thanksgiving?

PSUGuy

Bill From PA
I'm looking to avoid the Wine&Dine Half Marathon and other races in 2019, yeah, getting ahead of myself, and Nov 7 - 16 looks safe. We were last there then in 2002 but I have no recollection of conditions then. What can we expect regarding crowds those 9 days?

Bill From PA

I'm looking to avoid the Wine&Dine Half Marathon and other races in 2019, yeah, getting ahead of myself, and Nov 7 - 16 looks safe. We were last there then in 2002 but I have no recollection of conditions then. What can we expect regarding crowds those 9 days?

Bill From PA

We were actually discussing this strategy in another thread. I introduced my preferred way to vacation at Disney and it falls in line with your thinking. I've had success with targeting big event or grand opening for attractions and booking our trip 1-2 weeks before the actual event. I had huge success with doing this prior to the opening of Fantasyland. Crowds were very low.

I don't know how much of a drop in crowd levels you'll see around that period of time. But when the dates for F&W are announced I plan to book 2 weeks prior to the opening date.

Honestly, these days it all just seems like a crapshoot. I think it's a good strategy not to go during large scheduled events, but that won't guarantee lower crowds. I would simply choose the time that works best for you and cross your fingers that it turns out to be what you hope for.

Bill From PA

That is Veterans Day week, and Jersey week sometimes falls within those dates as well. It won't be Christmas crowded, but the week before Thanksgiving will be better, crowd wise. So with Thanksgiving being on the 28th, the 14th-23rd would be my choice.

Expect it to be crowded.
Several things take place in that time frame like Veterans Day, First couple of MVMCP, Last days of F&W, and maybe the taping of the Xmas Day parade.

Forgot about the xmas parade taping. That normally starts about the first weekend in December.

Looks like we'll be squeezing in the 2019 trip before the Wine&Dine races. What we want to do is get an AP that will cover 2 F&W trips, taking one late Oct early Nov the first year then slipping in the 2nd before the expiration. An additional consideration is avoidance of Columbus Day weekend and CD so in 2019 it looks like the Oct 24 - Nov 2 then in 2020 Oct 14 - 24, the 24th being travel day so the 23rd will be the last park day.

Bill From PA

Forgot about the xmas parade taping. That normally starts about the first weekend in December.

The 2017 Christmas parade was taped the first week of November last year.

And the year before as well.

We were at WDW the first two weeks of November last year.

With Jersey Week ending in Remembrance Day (Vetrans Day) the crowds were quite high. The second week crowds were definitely lower about mid week, then the pre-Thanksgiving crowds started rolling in late Friday. Saturday was a complete madhouse.

I was there the week there was no MNSSHP and no MVMCP. Nov. 1-8. It was slower the 1st part of the week, then it got busier. But it could all change this fall.

That is Veterans Day week, and Jersey week sometimes falls within those dates as well. It won't be Christmas crowded, but the week before Thanksgiving will be better, crowd wise. So with Thanksgiving being on the 28th, the 14th-23rd would be my choice.

This. Because of Veterans Day and Jersey Week, that week is typically also blacked out from discounts as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter