crowds during Dec

Buckleybunch

<font color=red>Okay, I'm excited...<br><font colo
Hi.. we are going to WDW during Dec. ( 14-24th). Our oldest daughter ( 10) really wants to go to universal.. She wants to do some "thrill" rides.. How will the crowds be during this time? is there a day that is more crowded?? Is there any discounts out there for universal? Like AAA?
Which park to start at??
Thanks
Linda

December crowds aren't too bad, except for the two weeks of Christmas and New Year's. Since you're leaving on Christmas Eve, you will avoid the really heavy crowds.

We went last year around Christmas and the crowds were really light... most rides were a walk on.

Hulk and Spiderman got to be a 30-45 min wait around noon...but soon died off again.

We are going again this year Dec 21-24 its a great time of year and nothing like the crowds at Disney.

If she wants thrill rides then it has to be IOA. Make sure she is 54" tall to be able to ride dragons and hulk:smooth:

We went this past Dec., from the 1st thru the 10th and the crowds were very manageable, with at the most 20-30 minutes waits from what i could tell, but we had FOTL from staying at Portofino. My advice would be to check and see if they have a telling of the grinch story at the portifino. They read the story and have the characthers come out and you can get good pictures/autographs and they had cookies and milk etc so it was a good time. They did it outside near the x-mas tree. If at possible stay on site as you cant beat the convience and they still offer some type of special ride access for on site guests as far as i know.

We were there last December, IOA on 12/23 and Universal on Christmas, and the 2 day pass with the early front of the line worked really well to get the headliner rides out of the way before the crowd arrives. Then during the rest of the day the crowds were not too excessive and we got around very well, the 2 days there were good balance to 4 at WDW. AAA sells 2 day passes at about 5% less than list.

John H

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter