Crowds/waits at Cape May buffet

jemtx

DIS Veteran
We’re having dinner at Cape May one night. We’d like to eat close to dinner time (6pm), but before it gets crazy crowded. I have a 6:25 reservation, but was debating switching to the 5:40 slot (those are the only times they had before 7:00). I took the 6:25 so we’d be nice and hungry for a big buffet, but then I started worrying that it could be crowded at we might get seated until way after our ADR. What’s everyone’s experience with waits and timing of crowds there?
TIA

We haven't been in a while, but we've never found it overly crowded there to the point where we'd be seated much past our ADR time. Of the deluxe TS restaurants, this one is not on the same popularity level as some others so I wouldn't worry too much about that. The fact that you can so easily move your ADR time is evidence of this as well. Even with a 6:25 reservation, if you checked in early, they'd likely be able to seat you early.

We have eaten at Cape May on our last two trips and found little to no wait at all. Each time we were seated within minutes of our reservation time. I have not experienced long buffet lines- as there are two sides to peruse and after the initial walk through I know what I’m going back for & head straight there. Enjoy!

We have eaten at Cape May on our last two trips and found little to no wait at all. Each time we were seated within minutes of our reservation time. I have not experienced long buffet lines- as there are two sides to peruse and after the initial walk through I know what I’m going back for & head straight there. Enjoy!
Thanks!
p.s. I like your avatar.

We walked through the restaurant to see the buffet offerings one early evening w/o reservations and nobody questioned us nor did we see any waiting to get in lines.
It was probably around 6:00 PM when we went.
HTH.

We've always been seated pretty close to our ADR time at Cape May. I think non-characters buffets are able to turn their tables over pretty quickly.

We've always been seated pretty close to our ADR time at Cape May. I think non-characters buffets are able to turn their tables over pretty quickly.
You’re probably right. I didn’t think of that.
So therefore, is the breakfast buffet usually pretty busy or long waits?

Last edited:

You’re probably right. I didn’t think of that.
So therefore, is the breakfast buffet usually pretty busy or long waits?

I don't think the waits are long at breakfast either. It might be busier than dinner, but its still not one of the top resort character meals. Its not a "destination" restaurant people go out of their way for, like Chef Mickey or Ohana. I wouldn't expect crowds or waits.

I don't think the waits are long at breakfast either. It might be busier than dinner, but its still not one of the top resort character meals. Its not a "destination" restaurant people go out of their way for, like Chef Mickey or Ohana. I wouldn't expect crowds or waits.
Thanks. That’s reassuring.

Been there several times and never had to wait past ADR time. Since it's at a resort (and not around MK), it doesn't tend to be as crazy busy. And at dinner time, there's no characters either. I think you should be fine!

Been there several times and never had to wait past ADR time. Since it's at a resort (and not around MK), it doesn't tend to be as crazy busy. And at dinner time, there's no characters either. I think you should be fine!
Thanks. Right now I have a breakfast and a dinner ADR there & am deciding which one we should keep.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter