Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initial plan is to continue with only having open the DVC resorts and move people there. For how long, that wasn’t known.

Guests wont be given a choice of where they are moved to either, unless, of course, Disney changes their mind...which everything is subject to change.
so some people will be getting a pretty nice upgrade. Of course they then won't have a food court. ;)

I don't think they legally can keep it closed. DVC dues pay for partial upkeep of that pool. It would also be a really crappy thing to do with such limited park hours they have.
Ohh good to know. Someone posted they are only opening the dvc pool.
I agree , but they canceled all 5 of my 1/2 day cabanas I had booked at SAB. I have a 8 night stay at YC first week of August. I truly hope it is open.

Disney does need all these details worked out yesterday. As many as have popped up way more will continue to. It seems like they are ten steps behind already.

The guests with dogs I think is pretty easy. All of fort wilderness allows dogs if they open that and one other dog friendly resort that has to be enough for people with dogs. Since it's only certain room types and a note should be easy to move those guests. I would say open fort wilderness and yacht club everyone Gets an upgrade who had a dog on reservation prior to 6/1 or something. Again it's just the people with dogs on reservations, bet it's one of the easier things to resolve. Numbers are low they can move rooms with dogs and contact them. Of all the complex issues I do think they can find a way to accommodate the dog owners and furry friends , but they need to let people know. Don't upset the dogs 🐾

Disney does need all these details worked out yesterday. As many as have popped up way more will continue to. It seems like they are ten steps behind already.

The guests with dogs I think is pretty easy. All of fort wilderness allows dogs if they open that and one other dog friendly resort that has to be enough for people with dogs. Since it's only certain room types and a note should be easy to move those guests. I would say open fort wilderness and yacht club everyone Gets an upgrade who had a dog on reservation prior to 6/1 or something. Again it's just the people with dogs on reservations, bet it's one of the easier things to resolve. Numbers are low they can move rooms with dogs and contact them. Of all the complex issues I do think they can find a way to accommodate the dog owners and furry friends , but they need to let people know. Don't upset the dogs 🐾
The opening is a month and a half away. They’ll work all of the details out. The opening only got approved Friday afternoon.

Or just go back to no dogs on property for a while. Seems much easier than your plan 😀

Dont want to sound picky (or weird) here, but no food court (wherever we were staying) would be a dealbreaker for us.
I get it. It's one of the main reasons I was looking at Riviera for a brief second (could walk to Caribbean Beach for food court). We're food court people. BC does have some counter service and so does Boardwalk. IT's just not as extensive at other places.

Universal will be closing the parks at 8pm due to the curfew. (twitter)
Not a good start.

** edit **

The calendar on their website is showing a 6pm closure up to the end of June - then 8pm

I don't think they legally can keep it closed. DVC dues pay for partial upkeep of that pool. It would also be a really crappy thing to do with such limited park hours they have.

They absolutely can keep SAB closed. The MFs that cover its operation will be adjusted to account for the closure,

Once parks open and move guests are at the resort...even if they have been moved to the villas..,it may open then because it will help with occupancy.

Remember, SAB is not part of DVC so we have no say in its operation, other than helping pay for it so DVC members can use it.

Dont want to sound picky (or weird) here, but no food court (wherever we were staying) would be a dealbreaker for us.

I wouldn't put it as dealbreaker but I like a good court as a way to Grab something quickly and Go especially when I'm doing rundisney stuff. Come back, change, grab a quick breakfast then off to park.

Yeah no food court would he brutal for families. Not really room to eat in a room for many and sit down restaurants are too expensive.

Refillable mugs don't bother brining them , even it the food courts are open those can't be allowed in a covid world.

so some people will be getting a pretty nice upgrade. Of course they then won't have a food court. ;)

DVC is great, we stay at them often. But the studios are just a room, and in most of them one of the beds is a pull out sofa. Some of them sleep 5, which is miserable to me. I’d be really unhappy to be moved to one of them unless I was staying in a value. I’m going to bet they’ll open at least 1 resort in each category and people will get moved sideways rather than an upgrade.

People can hope, but I sure wouldn’t expect it. This isn’t like it used to be when you got walked.

And the thought of being at the YC or BC and no SAB? Yikes! My kid would have a fit, heck I’d have a fit! lol Not that it would help.

Do we KNOW the regular resort pools will be closed? What is this based on?

The information that a friend of mine who is a TA was given. She stated that the initial plan..when DVC resorts first open...they are only planning DVC pools

With Disney, of course, they could change things, but right now, if DVC are going before they open the resort to more guests, they should plan on only DVC pools.

We won’t truly know until June 22nd when guests arrive.

DVC is great, we stay at them often. But the studios are just a room, and in most of them one of the beds is a pull out sofa. Some of them sleep 5, which is miserable to me. I’d be really unhappy to be moved to one of them unless I was staying in a value. I’m going to bet they’ll open at least 1 resort in each category and people will get moved sideways rather than an upgrade.

People can hope, but I sure wouldn’t expect it. This isn’t like it used to be when you got walked.

And the thought of being at the YC or BC and no SAB? Yikes! My kid would have a fit, heck I’d have a fit! lol Not that it would help.
I don't think they'd move most people to a villa. They'd get put in a regular Beach Club room. If that pool is closed I'd be VERY VERY unhappy since it's the only reason we're staying there.

I wouldn't put it as dealbreaker but I like a good court as a way to Grab something quickly and Go especially when I'm doing rundisney stuff. Come back, change, grab a quick breakfast then off to park.
Already cancelled for july, but with the parks closing so early, there would be a lot of food court dinners

I don't think they'd move most people to a villa. They'd get put in a regular Beach Club room. If that pool is closed I'd be VERY VERY unhappy since it's the only reason we're staying there.

Well, right now my friend emailed all her clients to tell them that if they are at a value or moderate they will be moved to a DVC resort and have no choice as to which one.

Subject to change, but that is the plan given to her as a TA....only thing she wasn’t told is how long this would be and when they will begin to open other resorts,

I do think they could open the resort rooms...but just reporting information I Have gotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter