Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only AP holder who still can’t make more than 3 days of park reservations? We have resort reservations for August and November. What if our days are booked before they get this fixed?? Can a CM not override this to make my reservations by phone?

Someone else said that the CM said they cannot override or book park reservations for someone because the guest has to click through the Covid waiver for each park day. :eeyore:

Pay your kid $ per hour to stay on hold and come and get you when there is a live person.

Yes. I have done this before.

You have to pay your kid? Going to Disney isn't good enough? My parents would be like: if you want to go Disney, let me know when a live person comes on the line. Otherwise, we're not going.

You're super nice.

Any more stories with those modifying? What choice were you given? What did you end up doing?
After I got all of my park reservations without a hitch, I decided to cave after I saw that a new batch of CMs were coming online at 3pm. I tried maybe 20 times to connect, and the wait time was only about 1/2 hour at the most. The CM was able to transfer me from POFQ to CBR which is where I'm staying for my second week anyway. I wasn't crazy about spending 14 days there, but WTH, it was easy and cost about $400 less for that week. I was given a discount that brought it down to about $200 per night. So much for waiting until they actually sent an e-mail, LOL!

For my second week I booked a 5th sleeper room originally, why I dont' know, it must have been all that was available that day. I tried to reach out via e-mail because I didn't notice until after I hung up, and I wasn't going to test my luck again. I offered to downgrade to a standard room if they would give me the cheaper room rate so that they can use that room for displaced families. I'll see if they respond this week, if not I'll call when things die down. I would rather stay in one room for the entire stay anyway.

The entire process took about 15 minutes. I didn't try to negotiate my way into an upgrade deal, so that may have been why it was so painless and didn't require a transfer to another department. Basically, the easy method is to ask them to find something in your price point, make sure that they know what discount you booked with which they are honoring, and you should come out in the same place. I could have had the cabins for a little more, CSR for the same, and Pop for less.

Am I the only AP holder who still can’t make more than 3 days of park reservations? We have resort reservations for August and November. What if our days are booked before they get this fixed?? Can a CM not override this to make my reservations by phone?

You are not the only one of my good friend has had the same problem all day. She called and they said they are working on it and hope to have it fixed by tomorrow. I’m so thankful this is our off year for annual passes, as we usually get them every other year.

After I got all of my park reservations without a hitch, I decided to cave after I saw that a new batch of CMs were coming online at 3pm. I tried maybe 20 times to connect, and the wait time was only about 1/2 hour at the most. The CM was able to transfer me from POFQ to CBR which is where I'm staying for my second week anyway. I wasn't crazy about spending 14 days there, but WTH, it was easy and cost about $400 less for that week. I was given a discount that brought it down to about $200 per night. So much for waiting until they actually sent an e-mail, LOL!

For my second week I booked a 5th sleeper room originally, why I dont' know, it must have been all that was available that day. I tried to reach out via e-mail because I didn't notice until after I hung up, and I wasn't going to test my luck again. I offered to downgrade to a standard room if they would give me the cheaper room rate so that they can use that room for displaced families. I'll see if they respond this week, if not I'll call when things die down. I would rather stay in one room for the entire stay anyway.

The entire process took about 15 minutes. I didn't try to negotiate my way into an upgrade deal, so that may have been why it was so painless and didn't require a transfer to another department. Basically, the easy method is to ask them to find something in your price point, make sure that they know what discount you booked with which they are honoring, and you should come out in the same place. I could have had the cabins for a little more, CSR for the same, and Pop for less.

What are your trip dates?

I guess my issue is that because I'm in ASMu, everything else costs more, including POP. And I did note to the CM that a lateral move to Pop or AoA was fine, but she kept offering DVC resorts. So off to GS I go.

It's still a problem. Mine is capped at 14 nights on one visit and won't let me add park res for other visit at end of year. And my AP is valid too.
I could be wrong but I think the total amount of park res that you can have at one time is 14 regardless of how many days you have resort reservations for. As I understand it, you have to wait for one to drop off or cancel before you will be able to make any others. That's always been an issue with the FP system and APs. I think it sucks too!

I could be wrong but I think the total amount of park res that you can have at one time is 14 regardless of how many days you have resort reservations for. As I understand it, you have to wait for one to drop off or cancel before you will be able to make any others. That's always been an issue with the FP system and APs. I think it sucks too!
My Park Reservation maxed out at 10, others reported various amounts some as low as 3.

I guess my issue is that because I'm in ASMu, everything else costs more, including POP. And I did note to the CM that a lateral move to Pop or AoA was fine, but she kept offering DVC resorts. So off to GS I go.
They offered me Pop at around 3:40 this afternoon, so I don't know why they didn't offer it to you. I'm not familiar with that resort, so maybe it was a more expensive category of room? It was definitely less than $200 a night, since she said that would be cheaper than what I ended up with.

Same here with me.

I got 3 day trip in October and 4 day in December. NO problems at all for October, but, December wont let me pick even one day.

My Park Reservation maxed out at 10, others reported various amounts some as low as 3.
I may not have stated that correctly. What I mean is, even if you have 20 days of resort stays booked, the maximum number of park reservations that you can hold at one time is 14. I think that did have issues with multiple stays today, which I hope that they're fixing. I was able to book all 14 days of my split stay, but it was a continuous booking onsite. The fastpass system used to flip out too if you had any gap between split stays, and wouldn't let you book anything past your first resort stay. They should correct this with park reservations, imo, because not having fastpasses is a pain, not having park entry, is a different matter.

I thought people were waiting to see where they moved us. I am booked for Sports in September. I was going to wait to see where they were going to move me. Is this what others are doing?

I thought people were waiting to see where they moved us. I am booked for Sports in September. I was going to wait to see where they were going to move me. Is this what others are doing?
They are not doing that. If your resort will be closed, you have to call to get your resort changed. If you don't, they will cancel your reservation 7 days prior to your check in.

Lunch was QS pre Covid. Dinner was 3 course fix priced for like $60 then you could pose with Beast for photo after eating
Oh, I know. I just didn't know if for other Table Service restaurants typically had a price difference between lunch and dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter