Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did. The place was dead. Before we got on the bus they told us which seats to sit in. There were only 3 other people on our bus besides my family.

sorry...I have no idea why the photos are posting sideways/upside down

Did you take your own luggage? Wondering if they still deliver it to your room.

Hi... I’m not caught up so I’m sorry if this has been posted. I’m here at BWV. It’s very empty. Seems so strange. Cast members are very welcoming and seem happy to be back here. We arrived at 3pm. Rooms were ready and clean. All items I remember typically being in the kitchenette are there. Coffee cups replaced with paper products. Shower had the minis like they all used to, but I cannot remember if BWV ever installed the wall dispensers. They aren’t in this room. Magic band order wasn’t here but no big deal. Front desk fixed that for the people who didn’t have one. I was very worried before arriving about the pool being shared with BCV. The Luna Park pool had a total of 14 people in it around 6pm and 9 of them were in my party. The kids activities CMs were awesome as always. We visited the Pizza Window which had its full menu and was excellent. Boardwalk Bakery was open and VERY LIMITED. Sad to say no strawberry cupcake for me this week. The bakery, Abracadabar, and the Screen Door we’re both open until 9. The bar said they would stay open til 11 if they had more business. Disney masks are being sold at the screen door, but they only have large sizes. They did have baby Yoda! The Screendoor has an empty confectionary case.😭 They don’t know when they will be stocking it. Took a few pictures I’m attempting to attach. One is of the empty Boardwalk at 7pm. The other two are the VERY LIMITED bakery case and the activities board that’s posted in the lobby. Front desk said no activities sheets at this time. Sorry if this is scattered or I misspelled anything. we drove here from VA today and I am exhausted.

Attachments

• 0E055472-723E-4426-B3F9-E7D5F716BD46.jpeg
    0E055472-723E-4426-B3F9-E7D5F716BD46.jpeg
    68.7 KB · Views: 157
  • A82A08DE-503F-4F0D-9A01-4C4CB229A055.jpeg
    A82A08DE-503F-4F0D-9A01-4C4CB229A055.jpeg
    108.4 KB · Views: 154
  • 22D5103D-D761-4E78-9A2B-18168472E5E3.jpeg
    22D5103D-D761-4E78-9A2B-18168472E5E3.jpeg
    119.5 KB · Views: 154
  • 5E66DE8A-9770-46B8-BB9D-E5A144505D17.jpeg
    5E66DE8A-9770-46B8-BB9D-E5A144505D17.jpeg
    52.8 KB · Views: 148
I’m not crazy am I? There was something about Disney canceling trips of guests didn’t modify right? I saw Carlye’s tweet on it but I can’t find it anywhere anymore on any sites.

I'm pretty sure it was in one of the e-mails.

So I’ve tried throughout the day and still can’t get my park reservations. This morning I couldn’t get past the waiting room screens. Around 12 I was finally able to get through but it showed no parks available. I kept refreshing and trying different browsers, incognito, etc. nothing worked. Finally I was able to make a reservation for Aug 9 for MK. Then tried to get my second day and back to no parks available. I tried everything I could over and over with the same result. I’ve tried off and on all day and no matter what I’m still getting nothing available. I even tried the making a dining reservation trick and can’t get past the first part without sorry for the paws and I’m back to the main dining page. My situation is a stay at pop Aug 9-17. All 4 in my family have 8-day tickets with the package (it was booked with dining recovery). Me and DH also have AP. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

So I’ve tried throughout the day and still can’t get my park reservations. This morning I couldn’t get past the waiting room screens. Around 12 I was finally able to get through but it showed no parks available. I kept refreshing and trying different browsers, incognito, etc. nothing worked. Finally I was able to make a reservation for Aug 9 for MK. Then tried to get my second day and back to no parks available. I tried everything I could over and over with the same result. I’ve tried off and on all day and no matter what I’m still getting nothing available. I even tried the making a dining reservation trick and can’t get past the first part without sorry for the paws and I’m back to the main dining page. My situation is a stay at pop Aug 9-17. All 4 in my family have 8-day tickets with the package (it was booked with dining recovery). Me and DH also have AP. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Sounds like you have the same problem I did. I had the same issues as you and only got 1 park day booked before never ending crashes, but I had Olaf all day. Your issue is likely the fact that you have APs AND 8 ticket package, and like @rteetz posted earlier a blog page reported that Disney "prioritizes" certain tickets and therefore your APs and package tickets are in conflict and the system is likely reading your APs and not your ticket package. Since APs cannot book yet the system doesn't recognize you should be able to book your package. You will need to call Disney tomorrow to straighten it out.

By the way, it was one HECK of a CRAZY DAY, eh??? I just processed what happened today and my brain is finally caught up. Thank you those who are at the resorts now and giving updates! It's so weird and awesome to see people back at Disney again, but to empty resorts!

I had a crazy thought sweep over me after the massive panic and trainwreck that was today, and that was...now that the dining venues for parks AND resorts are announced, the attractions have been announced, the park reservation system has rolled out...what do we think the chances are that Disney springs a fast one on us and announces ADR's for booking for the first 60 days???😱😱

By the way, it was one HECK of a CRAZY DAY, eh??? I just processed what happened today and my brain is finally caught up. Thank you those who are at the resorts now and giving updates! It's so weird and awesome to see people back at Disney again, but to empty resorts!

I had a crazy thought sweep over me after the massive panic and trainwreck that was today, and that was...now that the dining venues for parks AND resorts are announced, the attractions have been announced, the park reservation system has rolled out...what do we think the chances are that Disney springs a fast one on us and announces ADR's for booking for the first 60 days???😱😱

Crazy indeed. I need to take a break for a bit lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter