Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand. If people in your party could die from getting COVID, why would you even consider traveling at all, spike or no spike?
We are not. But as this is a WDW board I confined my musings on how to view WDW opening and trip. I’m not going to DL, Hawaii, Bismark North Dakota or anywhere else either...😄

I apologize if this has already been mentioned - for anyone who is currently there, are any of the signature restaurants open? Or have a confirmed opening date?

Small note but still interesting and sort of now official. A few weeks ago, @Sandisw had speculated that VGF would still have access to some amenities at the hotel. That was correct. While I was skeptical, I can confirm CMs at that hotel are being told that the plan (as sort of indicated in some of the pictures posted today) is to use the Main Building and Beach Pool to service guests of VGF, while the Conference Center, Courtyard Pool, Sugar Loaf Concierge Lounge, and the Narcoossee's (staff here is being called back) facilities would be for NBA players. As you can see in the photos posted, they are erecting a fence straddling the eastern and northern sides of the Main Building, giving guests access to Gasparilla via that covered walkway along the side of the Main Building (I believe that goes all the way to GIG right?). Everything east of that (marina, guest buildings, Courtyard Pool, etc...) will be walled off for the NBA. Available amenities (as listed on DisneyWorld.com) will stay as is likely until the hotel's official reopening on 9/24. While this certainly could change, this seems to be the plan for the time being.

This post is good news...the bolded part prevents it from being great news, at least for me.

I would have been heartbroken to not get to experience the main building, absolutely crushed, so that is definitely a win. I do hope Basin White opens up soon. Considering it's a third-party, and the one at DS is open, I'm not exactly sure why it wouldn't open. I know it's much smaller but still.

Also, we were still holding out for the Afternoon Tea. I had an outfit all picked out...I was even going to buy those fancy gloves for our experience. I do hope it opens, even if it's just a once-a-day experience or if there are limitations to it...I know it probably won't happen, but I'd love for it to.

At the risk of sounding like a brat....I also hope the piano player and orchestra are brought back before then too. Those touches are part of the reason that I spent big bucks for an upscale experience at VGF. I know I have not seen them in videos; not sure if they are part of the equity performers' union or not. But that would be a major blow for us.

People will travel regardless. I work retail on Cape Cod ,and I can guarantee no one from out of state is 14 daying it. Tons of Florida, New York plates and tourists. So for me Disney with guidances is safer than work. Like people have mentioned everyone has opinion on masks, but customer facing people have to deal with.

So I hope Aug 30 things will settle, but who knows.

That’s why they will make a decision to open and it doesn’t matter if I think they should or not. Like I said, no judgement. If they can make the financial part work go for it
But I can’t be expected to throw my personal well being aside for the economic health of Central Fla right? And if likewise you are not concerned that’s up to you. Here’s an analogy: in my neighborhood there is a venerable raw bar. Been open for years. Owners beloved in the community. And they are going under. But I’m allergic to shellfish. Severely. Should I toss my well being aside and go eat there?
Of course not. But that’s not the same as them not opening b/c they’re just an amusement park that no one needs.

People will travel regardless. I work retail on Cape Cod ,and I can guarantee no one from out of state is 14 daying it. Tons of Florida, New York plates and tourists. So for me Disney with guidances is safer than work. Like people have mentioned everyone has opinion on masks, but customer facing people have to deal with.

So I hope Aug 30 things will settle, but who knows.
I have family who rented an AirBNB in Cape Cod next month. I brought it to their attention that there's a 14-day quarantine for out of state visitors and they messaged the AirBNB host who told them not to worry about it, it's merely a suggestion. That's not what I really understood from the order, but they're not discouraged from going and aren't going to quarantine, either. :(

Gimme a break. 🙄
Whether you believe in how bad the virus can be or not this is still entirely possible. Disney opening can contribute to many deaths. If just one person gets in with Corona and gives it to 5 others and they go home and spread it to their workers, family members, people on the plane, at the airport. Opening when cases are near 10K daily and you are inviting massive tourism and thousands into your parks daily is not something that can be thrown to the side as no chance they will contribute to a possible outbreak. You have to remember Disney opening also means double the traffic in your airport and hotels. You know by the end of July there will be a headline that a worker tested positive or family that went returned home and have all tested positive and then all hell will break loose.

Of course not. But that’s not the same as them not opening b/c they’re just an amusement park that no one needs.
And nowhere in my post does it say don’t open. It says the opposite. It says if you want to go have fun and be safe. But I do believe Disney would be within their rights to delay just as they were within their rights to close in the first place. As a company they will weigh all the factors and do what is best for their corporate well being. And I will do what is best for the well being of my family

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter