Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should do what is being done here in Canada. If you don't quarantine you can be fined up to $750,000. As far as Disney goes, if cases still keep rising I would hope they delay opening.

If your employer knows where you took your vacation and you took it at a hotspot, they will not allow you back to work until you quarantine 14 days and test negative.

There’s no other way of knowing if a person is breaking quarantine that wouldn’t be highly illegal.

as far as Disney goes. Cases are going to keep rising. That’s how this works. If a city or state has a spike, it doesn’t last 2 or 3 days. If Disney opens up, I trust they’re doing the right thing more than a public forum poster saying what Disney should and shouldn’t do.

If NYers aren’t quarantining upon return from Florida, then chances are they were never going to abide by any rules, or take things seriously in the first place. They didnt need a trip to Disney to make up their minds.

Many of the people I have spoken to up here all work for employers that are allowing paid quarantine leave if they decide to go on vacation to a state that requires quarantining upon return.
It’s great many employers in NY will be offering paid quarantine for people who go on vacation. Luckily I have been able to work from home for all of this and will be able to continue to do so for the foreseeable future. I definitely plan on quarantining once I get back. I’m sure I will need time to even out to weird mask tan I will get while I am down there. :-)

It’s great many employers in NY will be offering paid quarantine for people who go on vacation. Luckily I have been able to work from home for all of this and will be able to continue to do so for the foreseeable future. I definitely plan on quarantining once I get back. I’m sure I will need time to even out to weird mask tan I will get while I am down there. :-)
Everyone should wear a wide brim hat to avoid the weird tan lines 🤪. It’s been brutally hot in Florida this week.

I work from home as well, have well before this all started so I don’t really need to get re acclimated. And I have a beard, so luckily I don’t have to worry about abnormal mask tan lines

I watched an interview with an infectious disease doctor who said that the more the virus spreads, the more it will mutate, and the faster it will weaken. I think that's part of the reason we are seeing more cases but fewer deaths.
This is a not well understood part of most viruses. Coronaviruses in general don’t mutate very fast but they do in enough ways to change lethality. Viruses self select for more transmission, less symptoms, less virulence. If you are walking with a virus you spread it, it replicates and passes on, increasing its number. If you are flat on your back in a hospital you are less likely to spread that strain and thus it does not spread as widely. This is the reason both SARS and MERS never became the issue we see now. Most people who caught those became very ill, very fast, and they couldn’t spread quickly.

We have to learn to live with this virus. We can't keep closing down every time there is an increase in cases. The virus appears to be weakening.

A good deal of these new Florida cases are young people who are asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic. I'll say this again this is a GOOD thing. We will develop herd immunity which will then protect our elderly and at risk population.

Testing is GOOD because it identifies people that didn't know they had it so they can stay away from their elderly family and friends.

We knew there were going to be spikes upon reoppening. Could we hold off on reoppening for 6 months sure but there will be a spike then and there will be even more issues with job loss, drug use, and suicide than there is now.

Wash your hands, stay distant, and be smart about it!
This is the best post I have seen in weeks!

If your employer knows where you took your vacation and you took it at a hotspot, they will not allow you back to work until you quarantine 14 days and test negative.

There’s no other way of knowing if a person is breaking quarantine that wouldn’t be highly illegal.

as far as Disney goes. Cases are going to keep rising. That’s how this works. If a city or state has a spike, it doesn’t last 2 or 3 days. If Disney opens up, I trust they’re doing the right thing more than a public forum poster saying what Disney should and shouldn’t do.
Its crazy how so many excuse cases rising. I live in Canada and we have been opening things here and our cases haven't skyrocketed. I would hope Disney, Universal and the other parks in Florida do the right thing if cases keep rising.

I guess I was just wondering if someone had a DVC reservation and also an AP would system force them into the AP bucket? That would not be ideal in my opinion as some of the AP dates are starting to fill up. I don’t have to worry about this myself until Fall 2021 but it might affect my decision as to what type of passes we buy!
The dvc rentals I have on my reservations are using resort. I have annual passes and was not able to book any additional days besides my resort stays

Its crazy how so many excuse cases rising. I live in Canada and we have been opening things here and our cases haven't skyrocketed. I would hope Disney, Universal and the other parks in Florida do the right thing if cases keep rising.

“Do the right thing” is very subjective. You’re assuming they arent doing the right thing by having approved safety measures in place, while also providing people with an income. As Pete said in his video yesterday, he hasn’t seen anyone so happy to be at work than CMs working at the Disney resorts right now.

So while you may think shutting everything down is doing the right thing, that doesnt mean that what you’re suggesting is “right” to anyone other than you

The incubation period can be as short as 1 day and 5 days is the average. So very possible.
Onset of symptoms is a median range of 4-5 days following exposure and can take as long as 14 days (hence the need for a 14-day quarantine after suspected exposure or travel to a hotspot). I have yet to read a scientific study that cites 1 day for the onset of symptoms, but I would welcome the opportunity to read it if you have a link. Almost every article that I have read places the onset of symptoms no sooner than 1.8-2.9 days in less than 2.5% of cases.

Possible to show symptoms within a day of exposure? Maybe. Probable? No.

I may or may not have ordered $100 worth of masks from Disney, for collectibles/reminder of 2020: the Year of Crazy. :rolleyes1

I've been debating whether or not to order a 2020 ornament... My dilemma was if we wait until our trip, the 2021 merch will be out, which does us no good. If we order one now, there's a chance we won't go on the trip, and then I won't have a need for the ornament (we get one for every year we go)

Finally decided today I'll just order it and if we end up not going then it'll just be a weird keepsake of our cancelled trip :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter