Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone surprised how late the restaurants are open in the parks? We have several reservations for close to park closing time. We wanted them as late as we could so that we could go back and rest in the heat of the afternoons but I was shocked we could book within half an hour of park closing.
I was able to get a BOG for 6:55 pm.

Is anyone surprised how late the restaurants are open in the parks? We have several reservations for close to park closing time. We wanted them as late as we could so that we could go back and rest in the heat of the afternoons but I was shocked we could book within half an hour of park closing.

I was hoping for it. Very glad to get Tiffins 5 minutes before park close to extend the day a bit.

Testing is free to everyone, so it is not about the money.
It’s not about the cost of the testing; it’s about the cost of implementing the testing, which does have a not insignificant cost, even more so when compounded with the large losses they’ve just experienced. Disney would have to pay for those administering the test, certain facilities, certain supplies, etc... It’s easier to just tell the CMs to go try to do it (worth noting that when I was a CM, I often had a hard time going in for routine appointments because your schedule is so far from normal business hours and fluid, so I’d often you’d just to have use an off day for any of those types of appointments).

I think them reopening without providing some sort of initial testing for CMs contrasted with the frequent testing for NBA players could result in some bad publicity if the story gets picked up. Disney is banking on it not.

It’s not about the cost of the testing; it’s about the cost of implementing the testing, which does have a not insignificant cost, even more so when compounded with the large losses they’ve just experienced. Disney would have to pay for those administering the test, certain facilities, certain supplies, etc... It’s easier to just tell the CMs to go try to do it (worth noting that when I was a CM, I often had a hard time going in for routine appointments because your schedule is so far from normal business hours and fluid, so I’d often you’d just to have use an off day for any of those types of appointments).

I think them reopening without providing some sort of initial testing for CMs contrasted with the frequent testing for NBA players could result in some bad publicity if the story gets picked up. Disney is banking on it not.
The part that suprised me was the certain CM roles where the wouldn't have distancing / masks. I would think that for the extremely small subset of CMs they would have something additional in place for them. One positive there and it's close the expereince time.

Yes, at no cost. And you don't have to have any symptoms nor have been exposed.
Not necessarily true everywhere in Florida. Many testing sites (like those at CVS) still require you to complete a questionnaire, and if you’re not exhibiting symptoms, they won’t let you get a test. As for the “walk-up” testing, you don’t need symptoms for those but at least the ones where I’m at have very limited hours (M, W, F 8am-noon). If you’re like me and are working M-F 8-4 (even from home), you’re out of luck or have to drive a long way away to get access to the test. Also important to remember that some CMs come in from as far as Melbourne/Titusville area, so testing varies significantly by county and area.

And before anyone says “this isn’t true,” that was my experience and I’m not the only one. It really disadvantages people who work outside of 9-5 M-F hours in particular (I.e. most CMs). I’ve heard from a number of CMs who are unable to get a test that works with their schedule. As Tom pointed out, there are many CMs who are over the moon to be there, but there are also quite a few who are still newer to the area, younger, and concerned. As Disney fans, we may only want to consider the first group but we should consider both and so should Disney.

I can appreciate the cost aspect and I think your posts are always helpful and informative. I have to disagree a little bit. Perhaps WDW could facilitate the tests in some fashion? Shouldn’t they at least require a test for returning workers? Especially given the rising infection rate in FLA? I guess I just assumed WDW would be doing something to ensure safety in this area. My bad I guess.
You are spot on with your comparison to the effort NBA is making to test its people. Also NBA has expressed concern that workers in their area will not be staying in the bubble. Can’t imagine they will be happy those CMS are untested. Or mayNBA is testing them?

It’s possible that POP is open for the August date mentioned but is at the max occupancy allowed with COVID-19 restrictions which would necessitate moving some reservations to other resorts. POP was the big recipient of guests who’ve already been moved from other resorts.. they likely overbooked POP in the moving frenzy of a week ago. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Is everyone able to get a test (that wants one) in FL? I just tried to register for one (I am in NY) and it said I didn't qualify for a test so couldn't get one
Maybe you have to be a resident of that state. In my state, anyone who is a resident can get a test. There are drive through stations. The test is free.

Until it's a CM that passes it to an NBA player and they have to shut that down. That would get the worse PR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter