Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I expected the events, too. And yes, no guests, but I would think the CMs operating the rides and interacting with the players during the after-hours events likely won't be in their own bubble outside of these events, so that seems like a risk I would think the NBA higher ups wouldn't want to take. Much smaller chance of contamination than being in with guests and CMs, though, absolutely.

I just understood the bubble to be fully exclusionary, I guess, so any non-NBA player (or staffer or authorized personnel or family) coming in contact with the players at all seems like something they weren't wanting before. Definite possibility that I misunderstood the concept of the bubble, though.
Yes but that’s not too much different than CMs working the resorts that these players are at.

Well they still wouldn’t be in there with guests.
But they would be in there with CMs who aren't part of the controlled NBA bubble and may have been around guests all day, and they might be potentially touching surfaces that were touched by guests. Granted, Disney can clean the surfaces, and restricting it it one ride per park limits the CM exposure, but it's still breaking the bubble and therefore more of a risk (however small) than staying inside the bubble.

Yes but that’s not too much different than CMs working the resorts that these players are at.

Very true! I guess that situation is more of a necessity to me (like the players have to sleep somewhere, and some staff has to be there for operation and liability reasons, plus it seems much easier to not come in direct contact with CMs in a hotel setting than in a ride queue), so it didn't seem as curious to me. Like, it's one thing to take small risks in one essential situation you can't really do anything about, but it's another to add in additional risky situations that aren't necessarily necessary, especially after working so hard to minimize as much risk as possible.

I wonder if these events will be separate shifts for CMs who haven't been working with the public all day, or if CMs scheduled through the day will stay into these extra hours.

Saw on a FB post a picture of two people who had just bought an absolute ridiculous amount of Splash merch.

hope they keep making that stuff to thwart the resellers.

Disney really needs to figure out a way to deal with eBay resellers. Its pretty obvious when someone is buying for themselves or even family and a couple friends vs grabbing as many items as they can possibly haul out of the store.

I know its a tricky issue but it just seems ridiculous.

Saw on a FB post a picture of two people who had just bought an absolute ridiculous amount of Splash merch.

hope they keep making that stuff to thwart the resellers.

They will. When the attraction closes and PatF retheme opens, people will remember the good deed of Disney changing the ride, not that they kept making merchandise until Splash closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter