Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It also annoys me that those ebay clowns used up a park reservation just to do it.

This bugs me way more than the actual reselling.

This is supposed to be a day where you feel every emotion and soak up every second of being in the MK, not one where you drop hundreds (thousands? How much do we think that is?) of dollars on various Brer friends to sell online.

This is interesting to me; even in pre-COVID times, I know any QS-type (non-Disney) food place I've worked in has required gloves (in addition to hand-washing!) when handling food... but now I legitimately can't remember ever noticing before if the Disney QS CM's have worn gloves or not! :rotfl:

I think gloves aren't as effective as people think. Caryle is freaked right now, too.

This bugs me way more than the actual reselling.

This is supposed to be a day where you feel every emotion and soak up every second of being in the MK, not one where you drop hundreds (thousands? How much do we think that is?) of dollars on various Brer friends to sell online.

I want to say the Brer Rabbit plush was at least $25 when I bribed my kid with it. :rolleyes1 So my bet is $30 before AP discount.

Then there’s us kids from the 80s/90s with old and probably cringeworthy Song of the South merch collecting dust in a basement somewhere. I remember a tar baby book from my childhood that I would assume is still in my parents basement 😬. I think I will let it stay down there lol.
Try being a kid from the 60s/70s.....I'm definitely ready for the Princess and the Frog to take over. Yikes! :oops:

I think gloves aren't as effective as people think. Caryle is freaked right now, too.

Oh, she definitely is. Her IG stories make me feel so bad for her. It's such a weird situation.

They may not be! I just know I've always had to wear them when handling food (before the COVID-times) and it's something I've never even noticed at Disney before. Like now that she's said something about it, I'm trying to remember if I ever noticed if QS typically wore them before or not, and I legitimately have no idea. I'm pretty sure I've seen custodial CMs wear them, but I just have this blank spot trying to remember QS CM's hands. :rotfl::rotfl:

Im not gonna lie though, I like that she is making it near impossible for anyone listening to her to forget the real world impacts on a Disney vacation right now.

No pretending its all good and normal with her.

Oh I completely agree. She's making a big point to let people know she doesn't think it's necessarily ok to book flights and resorts and just go. I'm looking forward to her article when it's done.

Went to guest relations to ask about gaiters
So Disney did their own study and found the gaiters are only about 20% effective when stretched on face so they literally changed the rule yesterday and are not allowing gaiters, not even looped. Now again I've seen people wearing them but it's like when people sneak in a selfie stick. So do yourself a favor and get regular masks
Did you ever determine if people without Facebook accounts can view your livestreams? I've tried several times and couldn't see a link to view anything and when I click on the videos tab it prompts me to log in or sign up.

I could have sworn I saw one in the past. Is there anyway to view them after they have been recorded?

Im not gonna lie though, I like that she is making it near impossible for anyone listening to her to forget the real world impacts on a Disney vacation right now.

No pretending its all good and normal with her.

AGREED. She's gotten a lot of flack online from some people. I really appreciate how she's handling her coverage, though.

People shouldn’t be sugarcoating what its like, or what to expect at Disney. Telling people that they SHOULD go pack up your bags and go to the parks right now would be very irresponsible. But they also shouldn’t try to convince people that are ok with the conditions and restrictions that they shouldn’t go.

That being said, Carlye is just reporting what she’s encountering first hand. No one should be criticizing her for how she feels personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter