Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was in the MK most of the day and we had a GREAT time. Got in a little after 9am. Only had a few short waits on BTMRR and Buzz . The rest we pretty much walked on. We rode all the rides we would normally do in 2 days in 1. People were following the rules pretty well. We had a nice lunch at Jungle Skipper. We registered at 11am and got a text about 11:35 (they open at 11:30) that our table was ready. Yes, it got hot with the masks , but since we had sourced some comfortable masks, it was bearable.

When got back to the room we a got a bit of nice news. We had booked our 1BR SV at Kidani on the old AP rate thru the 9th but had to do the 10th on rack rate (ouch!!!). This also meant we had to spend out last night, the 11th, at the hotel at the Airport. We were not looking forward to driving out there after a day in AK. My wife was saying “I really wish we could come back to our room at AKL after our day at AK...”. I read the reports here about the new rates on the way back from MK so decided to stop at the front desk and see what our options were. They were GREAT. They cancelled our last night at rack rate and let us Rebook Friday and Sat at the new AP rate! With cancelling our last night at the airport, it turned out to be the same overall price. It will make the ending to the trip so much nicer. Hats off to all the CM’s everyone we encountered was pleasant and greeted us with “Welcome back...!”

Last edited:
Oh the irony. Two posts which show/tell of people not following the mask rules, and then this saying 100% compliance. 🤣 So apparently just having a mask on your person is all that matters. Whether you use it correctly, or are wearing the right one, doesn't matter

She can only report what she sees. Its100% compliance to her, but she’s not able to be everywhere, in 2 parks, numerous lands at 1 time.

Oh the irony. Two posts which show/tell of people not following the mask rules, and then this saying 100% compliance. 🤣 So apparently just having a mask on your person is all that matters. Whether you use it correctly, or are wearing the right one, doesn't matter
If you thought every single second would be perfect I have some land to sell you. This is all about testing procedures. Overall things have been going very well.

What is this, Where's Waldo's Mask in WDW? Took me 5 minutes to even find the dark colored straw you were searching for. Good grief.

For those that played, in the first tweet there's a blond haired lady at the bottom of a picture that looks to have her black mask slightly lowered.

Has Disney turned a family away upon checkin from any of their resorts from the Tri State area?
I am arriving in Florida before I head to Disney to satisfy the “quarantine”.
I am interested in this also. Of course, it is WDW's perogative as property owner to uphold the EO but since the EO's constitutionality is questionable and the state's own enforcement of it is virtually non-existant, I wonder what the response will be from WDW. I have a feeling that they know they have many more and much bigger fish to fry in the next few months than tracking down visitors from states who have super-low "new case" rates.
To be clear, I'm not saying what WDW *should* do, I'm just guessing about what they probably *will* do.

Unless you’re wearing a shirt walking into your resort that says “I just flew into Orlando from the Tri-State area”, there’s really only so much they can do

Lol I love the tri-state area tee shirt NY NJ CT in all its Glory!

I think there will be quite a few people not quarantining going to wdw resorts soon! Given how the northeast looks now so low and getting better compared to Florida which looks terrible I'd be more worried about Disney visitors going home at this point.

I am interested in this also. Of course, it is WDW's perogative as property owner to uphold the EO but since the EO's constitutionality is questionable and the state's own enforcement of it is virtually non-existant, I wonder what the response will be from WDW. I have a feeling that they know they have many more and much bigger fish to fry in the next few months than tracking down visitors from states who have super-low "new case" rates.
To be clear, I'm not saying what WDW *should* do, I'm just guessing about what they probably *will* do.
I know that some of the counties are fining businesses that don’t enforce their mask policies, but I don’t know if anyone’s doing that with travel restrictions.

Do they allow people on ME that disembarked from flights that originated in the restricted areas, or with ID that shows they live in the restricted area? Not having free airport transportation might be enough to make a person pause and rethink their trip. It would be harder to enforce otherwise.

I’ve only used ME a few times. I remember them asking for my ID on some occasions, but not on others.

In my case, we’ve recently decided to go down to Maryland for 10 days prior to flying to Orlando. We’re renting a car, and I still have a Colorado license. But if I didnt and had a NY license, I’d just tell them the truth that I quarantined in Maryland prior to making my trip to Florida. They’re not going to be doing in depth background checks to see if I was telling the truth about staying in Maryland.

If you’re flying FROM NY, or if you had a layover, even if you didnt get off the plane, theres someone right outside of the tunnel that will make you fill out a form to keep in contact with you throughout the next 14 days

Managed to change my reservation from the Sun and Fun at CBR to Passholder discount at Beach Club for our Labor Day weekend reservation. Also added a couple of days at Bay Lake for our upcoming end of July reservation. Was so happy to see the savings.

That's not irony. Irony is (realizing it's hard to define) the difference between what is said and what is done. That's not what is happening in your quoted posts.

Perhaps dichotomy -the difference between two things. Or a paradox? I don't know, but it's not irony.

🤓

I think we can all agree that the tri-state quarantine is dumb, but posting ways around it here isn't allowed.

Agreed. And it hasn’t been talked about unless certain posters have baited people with comments like “People on here have talked openly about breaking the rules”. If those comments weren’t made, then you wouldnt have people talking about it and we’d all get back to fighting about real issues, like how Carlye isnt yet able to cover 408 acres of land all at once

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter