Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge Grain of Salt Alert

Re: the 7DMT incident the other day

“We’ve been informed by several Cast that the employees in this photo have since been identified and either reprimanded or terminated by management”
Do we dare ask where this is from?

I hope they are just erring on the side of caution. How can crowds be so low at AK (with a similar number of rides) that the almost equally popular FoP is a constant walk-on, but RotR will be just as difficult to accommodate everyone just once in a day? I think this is just to keep people from showing up at RD and to have the system in place for once capacity ramps up.

What is the hourly capacity for RotR? DHS is going to have less than 10k people initially for a 10 hour operating day. And obviously there will people some people who won’t or can’t ride like small children. Though with the 2 rows of 8, it will take a huge capacity hit as I’d imagine parties of 2 will get their own car. Maybe it really is needed.
You could only ride once a day for the most part before this so why does it matter. People are dying. Ride it once with a smile and be happy.

Huge Grain of Salt Alert

“We’ve been informed by several Cast that the employees in this photo have since been identified and either reprimanded or terminated by management”

I think I may have missed those pages—what incident?!

Huge Grain of Salt Alert

Just saw this on that other site. I'm personally more concerned/bothered by the CMs that have posted group photos and videos of themselves in MK (outside of the mask-free zones, without food or drink) without masks than the masked people that got too close together once for a few seconds. I hope it's not true that people lost their jobs over the 7DMT "incident". I fully understand the "leading by example" position but termination seems extreme in this case.

Last edited:

Just saw this on that other site. I'm personally more concerned/bothered by the CMs that have posted group photos and videos of themselves in MK without masks than the masked people that got too close together once for a few seconds. I hope it's not true that people lost their jobs over the 7DMT "incident". I fully understand the "leading by example" position but termination seems extreme in this case.

The random picture of the “clumped” employees on the first day? I figured that was a fluke and they’d work out a better system. It was meant as a test run, no?

Just saw this on that other site. I'm personally more concerned/bothered by the CMs that have posted group photos and videos of themselves in MK without masks than the masked people that got too close together once for a few seconds. I hope it's not true that people lost their jobs over the 7DMT "incident". I fully understand the "leading by example" position but termination seems extreme in this case.

Way too extreme. Especially without context of what actually happened.

I'm posting this question to everyone that is out and about the resorts, parks and DS. I would like to know how the restaurants are doing with distancing and capacity. It seems the parks and resort restaurants are at 50%. How about the Disney Springs ones?
We’re in Earl of Sandwich right now. The tables are distanced and there are markers on the ground in the ordering line.

My guess is the back up groups will only come into play for the 4PM slot.
That's a good guess!

Be interesting to see how this works. In some ways good to spread it out but now you have people stressing about/focused int heir phones 3 times a day and I feel bad for people who get shut out all three times
And without Park Hopping and having to do Park Reservations, your ability to try for a BG is now reduced. You can't just pop over DHS in the am, try for a BG and go about your day in another park until you get called.

We ate at Homecoming, Frontera, and Boathouse last weekend. Homecoming had physically removed tables and told us we could not move chairs. (We sat outside). Frontera had the signs on every other table saying “this table not available”. We ate at an off time at the Boathouse so there was a lot of distance between occupied tables but I don’t know if that experience reflects their practice during busy times. In general I felt like it was the same or similar with regard to reduced capacity, there were just a lot fewer guests at the resorts so I don’t think they had reached maximum of the reduced capacity.

I’ll keep an eye out. There is a lot of empty outdoor seatimg.

We’re in Earl of Sandwich right now. The tables are distanced and there are markers on the ground in the ordering line.
Thank you! Appreciate the on-the-ground reporting on restaurants!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter