Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt they will at this point. Florida has a positivity rate of 18%, according to the John's Hopkins website, not sure how accurate it is, but CA has a positivity rate of 8%, 7% last week when Newsom closed indoor dining. Point is, if FL was going to do that, I would imagine they would have done it already.
Maybe?
Fla seems to be very slowly reactive rather than proactive.

When things get bad enough they may have little choice.

Not exactly related, but I work in a hospital, and today I walked past a nurses station where they were having a daily meeting of sorts. Let's just say that where they all standing, if a group at Disney had been standing in those exact spots and someone had put a picture on Twitter, there would have been a meltdown in every corner of the internet. And that's in a hospital where no group of people has more awareness of the dangers of Covid.

So that's just to say, with the extreme rules and efforts Disney seems to have in place, while I wouldn't necessarily say they are the safest place on Earth, I doubt anyone can challenge them on the efforts they are taking to maximize safety when, at least so far, the worst we've seen for crowds and social distancing is a 10 second pile up at 7DMT and an unexpected line forming after a computer glitch on admissions the first day.
!000% agree. I work in public health and I felt very safe at Disney. People were being much more respectful there than at, say, the grocery store. Nowhere will be perfect, but I saw the "social distancing squad" at work, and everyone I saw in the standby lines was sticking to the distance markers as best they could.

105 min wait, it's snaking into muppets overflow
So from what you've seen today, will going straight there from rope drop be best for this weekend? I know it's hard to say, but it seems that with AK the FOP line got shorter throughout the day while this one has gotten longer?

My takeaway from today's DeSantis presser (with no political interjection) is that parsing data is paramount to establish a perspective. I've done this in my career to emphasize our strengths without belittling our competitors in pressers or in charts (which clearly would be viewed as sour grapes and lose credibility). Yes, I presented to some senior Florida government officials (congressman/representatives and perhaps higher).

It's incredibly difficult for me to navigate these shark infested data points to "eat" through to a truth (if that's even the right word, I don't know).

At this time, I have to side with wash your hands, sanitize, distance, "m" and hunker down until something/someone (which I have no definition for) provide viable guidance.

Maybe?

I think they’re being proactive. They test 200,000 staff of long term care facilities every other week to protect the elderly. Florida does not put sick nursing care patients back in to nursing homes. Instead they’re setting up interim facilities where the patient will get care and not infect others. Hundreds of nurses are going to different health care facilities through out the state as we speak. Thousands more nurses have been contracted if needed. Special drive thru lanes are created for people testing with symptoms so their results can be turned around quicker. More doses of treatment have been requested and received and distributed in case they are needed. Testing is open and encouraged to everyone 18 and over. I don’t recall this being done in some of the hard hit states prior. Maybe I’m wrong.

Maybe?

I agree.
But again "bad enough" is also subject to interpretation by the Governor and Mayor elected officials at the time. It's very clear each and every Governor from each and every state decides when their state is "bad enough".

I agree.
But again "bad enough" is also subject to interpretation by the Governor and Mayor elected officials at the time. It's very clear each and every Governor from each and every state decides when their state is "bad enough".
Unfortunately the scientists are screaming that things are bad enough, and the reason we haven't gotten past this first wave is due to some elected officials listening to politicians over scientists. We are ALL affected by the Swiss cheese response of the states that have ignored the science because we do not have hard borders between each. The movement of people from one hotspot into another area creates problems for that area, and so on. Bad enough in FL, AZ, TX and the like was a month ago. Sad state of affairs.

We are here now and scheduled to leave on 7/20. I do believe that Disney is doing the best that they can. I also believe that it is just to tall of an order to fill. They can put up barriers and they can clean, but they can not control the general public. We have been on a few rides with people who remove their masks. We have witnessed two arguments between CM’s and guests regarding masks. It is definitely not the majority, but it just takes that one positive person to infect you. I would assume if they don’t want to wear a mask at Disney then they don’t want to do what’s right outside of Disney either.

We are leaving in the morning. Disney Springs is more crowded than I expected. I thought we would be able to go there in the evenings for dinner.

Also, we have been trying to stay outside and it’s too hot to stay outside with no a/c breaks. So, we are throwing in the towel.

Good luck to anyone coming. I hope that you and your family can stay safe! It is a lot of work!!!
If they don’t start to make a spectacular show out of throwing some people out of the parks this will continue.

Selfie stick usage ended because you got kicked the heck out.

I’d make a 3 strike policy where if a CM sees you violating the policy they scan your MB and give you a paper copy of the guidelines. 3 scans and your entry media is revoked.

Apparently two NBA players have already tested positive at Disney...
Eta since headline was misleading

2 of over 300. And they were quarantined in their rooms 2 days while waiting for their test results. Now they’ll have to be vigilant with testing their teammates that they had contact with on the planes and buses en route to Disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter