Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sad to see but glad the manager was receptive and hope they do adjust things. It's one thing to put procedures in place for when everything is working as it should, it's another to be able to adjust when things breakdown. Maybe they need to clear the queue quicker when there are breakdowns - I would feel similar to this that being in an enclosed space with same people with not moving would make me a bit antsy/nervous

I took my 19-year-old son to Savi's on Wednesday for a legacy lightsaber. We waited about 30 minutes in extreme heat. During our wait, a CM was circulating, telling everyone that not all lightsabers may be available by the time we get into Savi's.

Sure enough, by the time we made it in to shop, both Mace Windu and Luke Skywalker were gone. My son, who is on the autism spectrum, was very upset. He's very rigid.

We exited back into the heat. My son continued to vent his frustrations. We went back to the CM at the start of the Savi's queue to see if there was any way to tell if more stock would arrive on Friday. She said there was no way for them to see inventory. She blamed the supply line due to COVID.

I told her that they need to do a better job letting those in line know exactly what is unavailable. Why would they force people to stand in the sun only to find that what they wanted isn't available?

After he calmed down, my son decided that he also liked the Ventress lightsaber. We went back to Savi's. When I checked in with the CM, she said, "We are currently out of Mace Windu, Luke Skywalker, and Ben Solo."

I guess they listened to my feedback.

Back to Epcot being depressing :p - obviously a lot is already torn apart and now the future of those projects are in jeopardy.
I'm not sure of what it looks like now, but is it possible to at least add some green space? They don't need to build fountains, just some trees or foliage would go a long way to making it feel more like a beautiful open park rather than a concrete jungle! At least in the interim.
And a bench or two...
:)

There is pretty much no space available. Our thought was that if the crowds increase they are going to have to start one way traffic because some of the walkways are pretty narrow. I am honestly not sure why they opened Epcot. It is my favorite park so that makes me sad. I would rather them have spent the closed time cleaning up the construction areas.

If there continues to be an influx of guests at the parks, they might need to start thinking about extending the park hours by an hour each.
the parks aren’t close to the lower capacity outside of DHS. They are all close to empty the last couple hours they are open. I don’t see any way they add hours yet.

That's a nice relaxation station.

Are people allowed to eat in there? Meaning - can they grab food/wine stuff and bring it in? Or is it just for taking a break with mask off?

I’m not really sure. I did take a water bottle out of my bag to drink. It’s not exactly close to a booth.

Anyone know what the deal with Everest is? It was down all day Friday, most of the day yesterday, and has been down almost all day today as well other than the first hour of the day. I heard Friday that they were waiting on a part to come in. I don’t remember it having downtime troubles like this. Yesterday could have been just storms keeping it closed but not today.

*edit* as soon as I ask it shows open again on the app. Still an unusual amount of downtime for that ride.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter