Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Home tonight after two weeks in the Disney bubble. Ask me anything, lol.

I work from home and will be self-quarantining myself and our two kids for the CDC-recommended 10 days. My husband goes to work tomorrow, but actually works in a COVID testing lab, so can get tested daily. Obviously, if he shows symptoms, he won’t report for work.

Is the Jungle Book show the same one they tried to put in place of Rivers of Light (RIP)?

The shows in DLP are very high quality - we were really impressed with the Lion King show there last summer!

The shows in DLP are very high quality - we were really impressed with the Lion King show there last summer!

Im uncultured. Ive only ever been to the domestic parks. One day ill see them all. Once the Olympics crowds die down in Japan i intend on getting to those 2 parks, but I feel like I should do them last as I’ve heard once you see TDS, every other park after that seems pedestrian. But this is off topic.

Are these shows indoor or outdoor? I know there was a trip report from DLP in here earlier. It’s nice to get some perspective of the non WDW parks because all of the parks seem to be running different from the others

Im uncultured. Ive only ever been to the domestic parks. One day ill see them all. Once the Olympics crowds die down in Japan i intend on getting to those 2 parks, but I feel like I should do them last as I’ve heard once you see TDS, every other park after that seems pedestrian. But this is off topic.

Are these shows indoor or outdoor? I know there was a trip report from DLP in here earlier. It’s nice to get some perspective of the non WDW parks because all of the parks seem to be running different from the others

The Lion King and Mickey and the Magician shows were the two we saw while there and both were indoors. I'm with you, TDS and a trip to Japan in general are highest on my list next! Been to Shanghai DL and DLP, along with the parks here in the states.

For those who have returned already from WDW, are you planning to get tested regardless of whether you have symptoms or not? If so, how many days after you return are you getting tested? I think if I do end up going in Sept (stuck with a non-refundable DVC rental) I will be taking over a week off after my trip and will get tested a few days after I get home. I don't want to be the asymptomatic person who brings it back to my workplace from a hotspot...
I don’t plan to get tested b/c I’m pretty much self quarantining now anyway just in case.

Hi all....I post from time to time and I thought I would report about our first day in the “bubble”. So, it’s myself and my 4 and 6 year old and my 20 year old niece who has decided she doesn’t want to do the parks but she is going to the pool and disney springs with us.
Before we started our trip today we had two days in Indiana and Illinois at restaurants and hotels for a family kids birthday, and to say that mask and just plain common sense were a priority was a joke. Even my 4 year old was asking me why people weren’t wearing masks.

So, we flew out of midway airport in Chicago and overall I was impressed about the mask usage and cleanliness. I was also surprised when we landed. When we landed at MCO wwe didn’t see a lot of half masks and overall I felt safe.
We checked into OKW online but I did have to go in and we had a huge bit of pixie dust on DVC points. Our original room was on the third floor studio with a lot of luggage and I asked to see if we could have a studio on a first floor and they moved us to a 2 bedroom! Now I know that is a gift and I won’t expect that ever again, but I think they are trying everything to keep members happy. Which is a good thing.

I’m going to be here until the 3rd( moving resorts 3 more times) so I’m praying for a fun, happy and most of all a healthy trip. Ask any questions you have and I will try to help!

Melissa

I bought these masks from Office Depot for $14.99, based on a DIS post. They are the exact same masks sold by Costco, but $4.00 less expensive per box. They are only available online, but Office Depot will ship out with no delivery charge. It is really nice that the 50 masks are cellophane-packed in quantities of ten.

https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/7463419/BYD-Care-3-Ply-Pleated-Disposable/

Home tonight after two weeks in the Disney bubble. Ask me anything, lol.

I work from home and will be self-quarantining myself and our two kids for the CDC-recommended 10 days. My husband goes to work tomorrow, but actually works in a COVID testing lab, so can get tested daily. Obviously, if he shows symptoms, he won’t report for work.
Did you use Disney transportation? How was it...where did you stay - did your pool ever hit capacity (as in ppl. couldn't enter) and where'd you eat?

On property now! Flew in yesterday, magic kingdom today. Magic Express had no wait around 1pm. We did Disney Springs yesterday and bussing from Pop to DS and back is a nightmare, and social distancing at DS was non existent. They definitely need more busses for the peasants. I was also sitting right next to someone with a divider between us, and their leg was under my divider and right up against mine. I didn't necessarily feel the greatest about the proximity.

BUT! Magic Kingdom was a dream! 22 rides/shows, while moseying and taking lots of sit down breaks. I felt very safe there, and while it was hot, the masks were less of an issue for me than I thought they would be which was nice. Honestly, the safest I've felt in a public place since this all began.

All in all, the parks are great - the Springs is crowded. If you're a peasant, plan to be annoyed by the busses to Disney springs, or to find another way there.

Did you use Disney transportation? How was it...where did you stay - did your pool ever hit capacity (as in ppl. couldn't enter) and where'd you eat?
You didn’t ask me, but I was there too. We stayed at BRV. The pool never hit capacity & was empty most days. We went every day at different times. No bus issues at all. It became obvious they were using the same bus back & forth to the parks. Busses came as often as usual if not faster. Often we were the only ppl on the bus.

LSUMiss's post reminded me to clarify that the rest of the resort bus lines looked great! I've only seen the issue with Pop, and so far only with Disney Springs.

Hondo [looking at the calendar, sees it is 2020]: “Oh my, look at the time. Well, my work is done.
Hey, he runs a legitimate business. Im sure there's need for coaxium someplace else :)

Is the Jungle Book show the same one they tried to put in place of Rivers of Light (RIP)?
Or the original Jungle Book show from theater in the wild. Anyone "lucky" enough to see that one when AK opened? I sure did

Hey, he runs a legitimate business. Im sure there's need for coaxium someplace else :)

Or the original Jungle Book show from theater in the wild. Anyone "lucky" enough to see that one when AK opened? I sure did
No, but I remember Tarzan Rocks! I have vivid memories of the rollerblading CMs almost being taken out by guests who didn't adhere to the warnings about staying seated.

From my TA from DTA. Unfortunately, this is how it's listed on the site with no months before dates. I'm assuming August 24 is YC, September 21 is GF, Oct. 4 is Poly (?), Oct. 14 is CSR and Nov. 1 is AoA (?). BC and BWI are closed indefinitely. Hopefully they will fix the typos and we'll get more accurate info.

"As we continue our phased approach to reopening at Walt Disney World® Resort, we are welcoming Guests back to Disney Resort hotels, theme parks and Disney Springs.

We are committed to reopening Disney Resort hotels, though at this time we have decided to adjust the reopening dates for Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort due to the current environment. With this in mind, the planned reopening dates for additional Disney Resort hotels will be as follows.
  • July 29:Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
  • 24:Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
  • 21:Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • 4:Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
  • 14:Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
  • 1:Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
While we had previously shared reopening dates for Disney’s Beach Club Resort and Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, these Disney Resort hotels will remain closed until further notice while we continue to reevaluate their reopening timeline."

From my TA from DTA. Unfortunately, this is how it's listed on the site with no months before dates. I'm assuming August 24 is YC, September 21 is GF, Oct. 4 is Poly (?), Oct. 14 is CSR and Nov. 1 is AoA (?). BC and BWI are closed indefinitely. Hopefully they will fix the typos and we'll get more accurate info.

"As we continue our phased approach to reopening at Walt Disney World® Resort, we are welcoming Guests back to Disney Resort hotels, theme parks and Disney Springs.

We are committed to reopening Disney Resort hotels, though at this time we have decided to adjust the reopening dates for Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort due to the current environment. With this in mind, the planned reopening dates for additional Disney Resort hotels will be as follows.
  • July 29:Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
  • 24:Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
  • 21:Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • 4:Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
  • 14:Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
  • 1:Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
While we had previously shared reopening dates for Disney’s Beach Club Resort and Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, these Disney Resort hotels will remain closed until further notice while we continue to reevaluate their reopening timeline."
the dates have been posted for a while on the Disney World site
July 29Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
August 12Disney's Polynesian Village Resort and Disney's Art of Animation Resort
August 24Disney's Yacht Club Resort and Disney’s Beach Club Resort
September 21Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
October 1Disney's BoardWalk Inn
October 14Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/

the dates have been posted for a while on the Disney World site
July 29Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
August 12Disney's Polynesian Village Resort and Disney's Art of Animation Resort
August 24Disney's Yacht Club Resort and Disney’s Beach Club Resort
September 21Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
October 1Disney's BoardWalk Inn
October 14Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/

This is new. They updated it on DTA this morning. They changed the dates for Poly and AoA and BWI and BC are closed indefinitely:

As we continue our phased approach to reopening at Walt Disney World® Resort, we are welcoming Guests back to Disney Resort hotels, theme parks and Disney Springs.

• July 29: Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Aug. 24: Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
  • Sept. 21: Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Oct. 4: Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
  • Oct. 14: Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
  • Nov. 1: Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
While we had previously shared reopening dates for Disney’s Beach Club Resort and Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, these Disney Resort hotels will remain closed until further notice while we continue to reevaluate their reopening timeline.

This is new. They updated it on DTA this morning. They changed the dates for Poly and AoA and BWI and BC are closed indefinitely:

As we continue our phased approach to reopening at Walt Disney World® Resort, we are welcoming Guests back to Disney Resort hotels, theme parks and Disney Springs.

While we had previously shared reopening dates for Disney’s Beach Club Resort and Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, these Disney Resort hotels will remain closed until further notice while we continue to reevaluate their reopening timeline.
I see

So, more evidence numbers are not what they were expecting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter