Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what you said answers our questions perfectly. Park Hopping and FP isnt coming back and theres a logical explanation to what was done today. As @DGsAtBLT said, it was probably a ShopDisney related thing at DHS and he had his own reservation at AK, so it wasn’t technically park hopping. There was an event as one park, and he had a reservation at another. If park hopping were actually coming back, even through VIP, it would have been reported by someone at this point, like BlogMickey.
You can park hop on a VIP tour.

You can park hop on a VIP tour.

Yeah but theres a difference between keeping it low-key and then providing and advertising it through influencers. Like I didnt know the VIP tour was available again, and I’m sure that a lot of people that arent up to date on that news were aware either. There’s a lot of things that leaves a bad taste in the mouths of AP holders regarding park entry, but if they were to advertise PH through VIP tours with popular Youtubers, you’re really going to start to turn people from accepting to angry very quickly

Sooo they are definitely hosting another round of Disney Creators right now, am I just totally out of the loop and didn’t notice?

@jesssfam, a regular YouTuber was #hosted this weekend and using the Disney Creators tag. No obvious hopping (or FP usage) looking quickly.

ETA: she is also plugging shop Disney merch.

Maybe this is just bitter me, and by the comments on at least PCD’s post seem to agree that I’m the only one, but I feel like giving “creators” these every day but-not-currently-available perks is going to turn Disney fans against them, eventually.

We’ll just be really annoyed and complain a lot but still go just the same.

I don’t mind the unrealistic hosting stuff for the most part as it just reminds me of their unattainable commercials (like frolicking alone with Mickey by the castle), but I can’t stand when the influencers act like it’s a regular WDW experience. That was super glaring with the last pre pandemic round.

Completely not related to the influencer conversation: I saw in the AP FB group that the Photopass Studio at DS is open again! Anyone hear details on what their hours are right now?

I never saw an announcement so maybe they just quietly opened (or they wandered in during a soft opening?)

We’ll just be really annoyed and complain a lot but still go just the same.

I don’t mind the unrealistic hosting stuff for the most part as it just reminds me of their unattainable commercials (like frolicking alone with Mickey by the castle), but I can’t stand when the influencers act like it’s a regular WDW experience. That was super glaring with the last pre pandemic round.

Yup, literally doesn’t impact my desire to make my next trip in 3.5 weeks lol.

it just kind of sets me off that they’re selling you this experience through these influencers as if this is something everybody can do. Mentioning that you’re park hopping probably isn’t the best way to go about it. Why wouldn’t Disney just ask them to sell what they’re doing as if it’s separate days? But can’t really stress on it too much without knowing the full story. There’s a very good chance that in less than 24 hours all of this belly aching from me was completely unwarranted

As someone who has done two large extended family trips at wdw, when no one is on the same page or the group leaves planning up to one person it is NOT FUN, all stress. Especially now.
🙋🏻‍♀️ Family vacation planner here.
I always request input (any restaurants anyone wants to go to, special events,...?). I might get one or two requests from extended family, but usually crickets. So I just make ADRs for where I want (where my family likes to go), include everyone, and then DH and I say, "this is where we'll be, you're welcome to join us but no obligation." No hurt feelings if my parents, brother, in-laws, want to go eat somewhere else, go to a diff park (of course, that'd be more difficult now with park reservations), or go back and hang at the pool.

Maybe this is just bitter me, and by the comments on at least PCD’s post seem to agree that I’m the only one, but I feel like giving “creators” these every day but-not-currently-available perks is going to turn Disney fans against them, eventually.
I probably doxxed myself by leaving the only not-so-nice comment. Whoops.

I like the guy but don’t toy with my AP perk availability :rotfl2:

What did I miss? Sounds like people complaining because vloggers got a media invite to a shopDisney event that allowed them to park hop and use the FP line?

PCD and maybe others (not sure which) posted vague FP line usage and hopping. Assumptions were made. Conclusions were jumped to. Probably the run of the mill hyping up of something relatively mundane.

Possibly unrelated, a lot of smaller not Disney focused creators appear to be there to promote Disney and how safe it feels this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter