Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
No the plexiglass isn’t the safest thing possible. However it also isn’t pointless. It does create a barrier between parties. If someone were to take their mask off in ride and cough or sneeze, that barrier would help block that. Certainly nothing is perfect but it’s also not completely useless.

The plexiglass is becoming a huge bummer.

It is.

And people are coming. They are going on the rides and they will if there is plexiglass or not. And if someone thinks they won't be safe, then they will make the choice not go on ride.

I know some will say they will cancel if they fill every row and that is completely up to them. I think the majority won't cancel.

The plexiglass does nothing except trick people into thinking they are safe.

No the plexiglass isn’t the safest thing possible. However it also isn’t pointless. It does create a barrier between parties. If someone were to take their mask off in ride and cough or sneeze, that barrier would help block that. Certainly nothing is perfect but it’s also not completely useless.

Sorry, I disagree. The droplets will travel up and around. The most it stops is it landing directly on back of your head.

But what's done is done. I just hope it isn't permanent.

Sorry, I disagree. The droplets will travel up and around. The most it stops is it landing directly on back of your head.

But what's done is done. I just hope it isn't permanent.
Like I said it’s not perfect. Like you noted though this will stop direct contact. It’s like a sneeze guard at a food station in non-covid times.

If this is permanent then Disney would need to start integrating these better. They would need to theme them and new rides would need to be designed with such from the start. They look terrible and hinder ride experience in many cases. I don’t see any way these are permanent.

Yep. And those droplets can travel well beyond just the people directly in front of you.

Like I said it’s not perfect. Like you noted though this will stop direct contact. It’s like a sneeze guard at a food station in non-covid times.

If this is permanent then Disney would need to start integrating these better. They would need to theme them and new rides would need to be designed with such from the start. They look terrible and hinder ride experience in many cases. I don’t see any way these are permanent.

I don't know what my line in the sand is, but permanent plexiglass could be it. I do not want my first ride on MMRR or RotR to be with this crap in front of my face.

Yep. And those droplets can travel well beyond just the people directly in front of you.

The droplets will still easily travel even with plexiglass. The only way to stop would be to be encased in a box of plastic. They are still in the air even as the next boat passes.

I know I'm annoying about this, but they keep adding it. They are ruining the boat rides, my favorite rides!

Last edited:
Not to take away from your experience but if you’re going four times in six months it means you’re a Disney fanatic and probably more willing to overlook imperfections and always see it as magical. If it wasn’t that way to you, you wouldn’t keep going.

We were there for nine days over Christmas and like any vacation there were great parts and not so great parts. Really impossible to believe there is 35% cap, especially at MK & HS. If you told me it was fluid based on demand I’d believe it. We left every park without doing all that we wanted to do because lines were just too long sometimes and crowds became uncomfortable. 75 minutes for 7DMT may not seem bad but when you’ve already do waited an hour for Jingle Cruise then an hour for Pirates then an hour for BTMR, it gets old. But like I said in the Here & Back thread, everything is anecdotal and each day is different.

I don't think I was overlooking imperfections. In fact, I specifically mentioned that Galaxy's Edge was too crowded for me so we left. But the point of my post wasn't that everything was perfect there. It was to point out some of the things that have come back or been added just in the last few months since we started going back. The parks have definitely been evolving very quickly since they reopened and it will be interesting to see if that continues.

I guess I could have also mentioned Frozen. I didn't care about the plexiglass when we were actually on the ride. But the picture was terrible because we were in the second row and the bar went straight across the middle of my face. I was unhappy with the picture but seeing that the lines were half as long as they were when we were there in October made me blow it off. I figure riding the ride was more important than having a picture of riding the ride. Does that make me a Disney apologist? Maybe. More likely just the PollyAnna my mom has always accused me of being!

The droplets will still easily travel even with plexiglass. The only way to stop would be to be encased in a box of plastic. They are still in the air even as the next boat passes.

I know I'm annoying about this, but they keep adding it. They are ruining the boat rides, my favorite rides!

While particles can still be in the air, the plexiglass will stop the initial splat that can travel fast and furious onto others, so I do see the value.

I’m not saying I like it.

There was a picture posted a few weeks back of the end of the Navi ride that was at an absurd location. It's only a matter of time now for that one if it hasn't been done already.

While particles can still be in the air, the plexiglass will stop the initial splat that can travel fast and furious onto others, so I do see the value.

I’m not saying I like it.

And now I will spend ride gagging at all the smudges, spots and smears on the plexiglass - wondering what type of particle is it...food? sneeze? something worse?

🤢🤮😂

Let's just hope they actually remove sooner rather than later.

Keep the masks, lose the plexiglass.

They should put plexiglass on the splash mountain ride vehicle and turn the water levels back up so when the water comes up and over your head, the plexiglass serves as a backboard and gets you even more wet.

They'll need windshield wipers for that one. Imagine if they did and you were in the front row with nothing in front or you and plexi directly behind you.

It is.

And people are coming. They are going on the rides and they will if there is plexiglass or not. And if someone thinks they won't be safe, then they will make the choice not go on ride.

I know some will say they will cancel if they fill every row and that is completely up to them. I think the majority won't cancel.

The plexiglass does nothing except trick people into thinking they are safe.

I think for most it isn't any one thing but more the addative impact or at least a "final straw" scenario

I mentioned be fore we are really leaning towards cancelling our upcoming trip (late March) and while a lot of that is just due to travel in general and our thoughts about it not being done now .... But these developments at the park are also a factor - the crowds, the having to wear masks, the plexiglass, the filling every row/seat, etc.

It isn't any one thing but collectively it is feeling like something we'd rather not experience and just wait

I think for most it isn't any one thing but more the addative impact or at least a "final straw" scenario

I mentioned be fore we are really leaning towards cancelling our upcoming trip (late March) and while a lot of that is just due to travel in general and our thoughts about it not being done now .... But these developments at the park are also a factor - the crowds, the having to wear masks, the plexiglass, the filling every row/seat, etc.

It isn't any one thing but collectively it is feeling like something we'd rather not experience and just wait

Exactly this. I booked rack rate at BC for Thanksgiving. I'm not paying 7K for what the experience is right now. I can only hope things have improved by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter