Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will undoubtedly be an option for resort guests. But what do they do when they all arrive at DS? Pile on a Disney bus with all their luggage? Doesn't sound like much fun. If it truly is going to be a legit option for resort guests, there needs to be more than a few train trips a day.

I said this in another thread, it's just not smart thinking from Disney. The DME kept guests in the bubble, making sure they spent all their money on Disney property. Forcing them to choose alternative methods of transportation only encourages people to venture off-site at times.
I think the biggest problem using the train to get to Disney Springs, will be seat prices. This train service isn't going to be a local commuter or light rail type of service that people are seem to be expecting it to be. The goal of Brightline for selling tickets throughout the service area and for future state funding will be to load those trains up with Florida residents at stops all over southern and eastern Florida well before MCO. There will be very few open seats to purchase at MCO and those that are available will sell at a high premium.

With Disney using decreased demand as a reason to axe things I'm worried about what's still to come. Everything is being used less right now, does that mean it should disappear? Suspending is one thing but this isn't that. Of course there's less demand for transportation, heck half of your resorts are still closed! Yet Chapek himself has touted demand still being there to satiate investors while letting the consumers deal with the fallout.

I doubt we will hear anything from anyone about any options for quite a while. It doesn't start until 2022.
They have plenty of time, but securing that market ahead of people planning trips makes me think they'll want to roll something out for bookings by end of Q2.

With Disney using decreased demand as a reason to axe things I'm worried about what's still to come. Everything is being used less right now, does that mean it should disappear? Suspending is one thing but this isn't that. Of course there's less demand for transportation, heck half of your resorts are still closed! Yet Chapek himself has touted demand still being there to satiate investors while letting the consumers deal with the fallout.
Disney will start restoring stuff if they start missing their adjusted occupancy targets once the vaccine is readily available. If they reach or exceed those goals they will look it as vindication of their previous decisions and look for new things to cut.

Generally Disney starts allowing booking for the next calendar year in June-July correct?

We got a ton of time...

Mears already made some sort of statement about having something.
There already is options available. I doubt you will see a free shuttle come back. While it sucks seeing more things being taken away, it doesn't affect me as I always rent a car and haven't stayed on property in a long while. A hotel for me is a place to sleep. When I am in Orlando, I am usually out of the hotel from 9 til late at night.

There already is options available. I doubt you will see a free shuttle come back. While it sucks seeing more things being taken away, it doesn't affect me as I always rent a car and haven't stayed on property in a long while. A hotel for me is a place to sleep. When I am in Orlando, I am usually out of the hotel from 9 til late at night.

I don't think anyone thinks a free shuttle is coming back.

Thought is they (Disney) may offer a paid option.

I think the biggest problem using the train to get to Disney Springs, will be seat prices. This train service isn't going to be a local commuter or light rail type of service that people are seem to be expecting it to be. The goal of Brightline for selling tickets throughout the service area and for future state funding will be to load those trains up with Florida residents at stops all over southern and eastern Florida well before MCO. There will be very few open seats to purchase at MCO and those that are available will sell at a high premium.
Right .. it all depends on supply.

Trains can only run so many trains a day (there are only so many "rails" for it to run on).

So, how many trains will be running a day? MOST "commuter" trains in the US only run a few times a day .. some as little as once or twice a day. Are people going to want to sit at a train terminal for potentially hours while waiting for a train to take them to Disney Springs (and then wait for another transport to take them to their hotel?) .. probably not. They'll probably just take an Uber or Taxi or some other shuttle service that isn't restricted by rails or time schedules.

I have my doubts the train will cost less than an Uber for a family of four .. and even if it was, the Uber would be significantly faster (when you calculate in wait time).

What if there is no replacement?
From Mears: “Walt Disney made us aware of their decision. While we are disappointed Disney will no longer offer this service, we intend to continue offering transportation services between the airport and all area theme parks and hotels to meet the demand of our visitors now and in the future.”

They could always change their minds I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter