Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do people actually think there's a chance DL won't re-open?

That would be shocking - BUT I could see Disney just get fed up with all the challenges and put more focus elsewhere - maybe even use the threat of opening up a new location to help in any negotiations/pressure the government there

But there is still work being done on Avengers Campus, Galaxy's Edge just opened ... They aren't going to abandon that - not the park and the history in general.

I said back in October after the “final” hope of them opening up in 2020 came and went with Newsom revealing the tiers to reopen that Summer 2021 was optimistic and we’re probably looking at the Holidays 2021 as a likely reopening. Now if Newsom changes the goals in order for Theme Parks to reopen, then things become more optimistic for a reopening. But as they currently stand, California won’t hit those goals any time soon

You really think it could be that long?! I was figuring by summer... Maybe I was being naively optimistic..
I'll join you on the optimistic side. Vaccine ramping up plus it looks like CA may have turned a corner, new cases seem to be dropping. There's already a lot of pressure on Newsom and that'll increase once they're out of the woods of this latest outbreak.

Disney also has many more better methods in place to "manage" daily capacity without deterring the customer. The amount of info magic bands alone provide is immense. Even more so the cell phone tracking info. via the app.

one example, for people with the disney app (which the majority do), currently they can/could instantly identify how many Disney users are driving down from out of state, or arriving at the airport by tracking cell phone location and determine who many to expect. That is just the tip of the iceberg of the tracking that can be done.

It is the main reason they are moving away from Magic Band to mobile phones. Much more data.

Hopefully people are looking at app privacy and not allowing apps to continuously track their location! I don’t let MDE track my location at all.

Very few things would get me to exit a line but I'm pretty sure a situation like this, especially in an inside queue like SM, would get me to leave and rejoin the back of the queue.
We're vacc so we weren't super concerned for ourselves (still not comfortable though), but what about all the people who walked through where they had just been vaping and coughing? It was frustrating that the CM DH told apparently didn't do anything about it.

Was a date listed for the FOTLK return? Or was it just "summer"?
"Expected this summer" is the language they're using. We'll get a better sense in the coming months as Cast are called back (or rehired more realistically) and they prepare the theater for reopening. My understanding is that they had at least started re-blocking part of the show last summer before the dispute with Actors Equity, but finishing that will likely be the first step and that likely won't happen for some time still.

It’s not open? I’ve never had this and heard I must try. Going late March.
There’s a sign out saying it’s closed. Apparently a DisneyFoodBlog employee asked a CM about it who said it won’t be back until March because of low crowds. Not gospel obviously but it is closed for now. Hopefully it will reopen for spring break. They’re so good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter