Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully this is considered on topic for this thread. I’m part of a Facebook group for Disney weddings and people have shared that their June Disney World weddings have been cancelled. One bride said that theirs was cancelled because face masks will be required, which would affect wedding parties/photos and it would be hard to socially distance during a wedding. Another bride said their planner rescheduled them for August 30th because the planner believes “without a shadow of a doubt” that they will be able to have a “full and regular wedding experience” without masks at that date.

I know weddings are sort of a separate operation, but when I planned mine at Disney World there was a lot of communication between my planner and park operations on what we could and couldn’t do.

Just sharing info that may or may not mean anything... don’t shoot the messenger :duck:
Thanks for sharing! If they have capacity limitations in place weddings were going to be a problem.

As far as masks definitely not required by Aug- after the horror stories I’ve heard of the incompetence of some Disney’s wedding planners, and then outright lying, I’ll believe SvenFlynn loooong before anyone out of that office 😂

Last edited:
It’s been 12 hours+ and so far not a single report of anyone who had a reservation starting June 1 or later (and not associated with a large group) has reported getting a cancellation email. Either Disney deviated from their pattern or resorts are opening June 1. So, I think the next thing to look for is the park hours removal (or lack there of). When has that typically been happening?
You need to make it past 6pm Eastern Fri. They drop extra bad news to TAs on Friday nights...

do you guys view the lack of cancellations yesterday as a sign everything could b open June 1? Or do we think people r getting to hopeful ?

Wow, it seems that last night, I missed another episode of "It's Time to Play, Operational Change or Disney IT!"

Bless Disney’s IT department.. they darn near gave many loyal dis’ers heart failure last evening!
Once the number of posts started growing rapidly for missing fast passes, along with the crashing of the pages for VAH that kept happening to (only?) me last night... just couldn’t have been anything other then the IT gremlins at work 🙄

do you guys view the lack of cancellations yesterday as a sign everything could b open June 1? Or do we think people r getting to hopeful ?

Not sure. CM schedules were late this week. Doesn't mean these are too, but I'm sure folks would be happier by this weekend if no cancellations were reported by then.

I think it all depends on whether you're a glass half full or glass half empty kind of person. If I had a June 1st res, I would be pretty convinced it wasn't going to happen. Since I have a July 6th res, I'm thinking June 1st still has possibilities. Take that for what it's worth....not a lot.

So, when is the next update from DeSantis' office?

He held an hour long presser yesterday, it’s on youtube (linked on his FB page)

Nothing on his or the State of Florida’s pages for a next press conference. Will post if I should come cc’dacross it.

I see it as a little of both. It is surely interesting that they randomly broke with how they have been handling cancellations for the last month+. I don't necessarily believe it means the parks will be open. Perhaps resort only will be opening up soon, and that they are waiting for DeSantis' announcement of Phase 2. I am sure they have inside info on when that is likely to happen (considering Josh D'Amaro is on the state's task force for reopening). This would also follow the Shanghai timeline of opening their DS equivalent and resorts only for a time period before the parks.

June 1 and I’m expecting a cancellation but I’ll be really happy if my trip is still on. I will think there is legitimate Disney magic if they can bring back all those employees in all those resorts and all those theme parks (soooooo many people). I would be so impressed!

I’ve never worked in a theme park though, so it may be very doable!

In my opinion Disney is now waiting on the Gov to move us into Phase 2 and the data of the first 2 weeks of Phase1, from the task force meeting yesterday the tourism industry is eager to hear those numbers, the smaller theme parks are waiting patiently in Orange Co to reopen. I believe Disney knows what they will do and have measures already installed, all they need to do is call the cm back and retrain them on new procedures
I don't think they will reopen everything as before, some people think Epcot might not open at all, I'm not sure of that, but I think we will see parks reopening with some modifications in operations
If numbers are acceptable to move into Phase 2 then I see the parks reopening some time in June, no need to wait another month

In my opinion Disney is now waiting on the Gov to move us into Phase 2 and the data of the first 2 weeks of Phase1, from the task force meeting yesterday the tourism industry is eager to hear those numbers, the smaller theme parks are waiting patiently in Orange Co to reopen. I believe Disney knows what they will do and have measures already installed, all they need to do is call the cm back and retrain them on new procedures
I don't think they will reopen everything as before, some people think Epcot might not open at all, I'm not sure of that, but I think we will see parks reopening with some modifications in operations
If numbers are acceptable to move into Phase 2 then I see the parks reopening some time in June, no need to wait another month

Re: Epcot reopening

They will definitely have less staff once the parks reopen because of capacity limits. I can see them moving a lot of the staff from other parks to EP for a while. I know people think that EP must have international employees, but that simply isn’t true. There is no reason they can’t shift employees from other areas while the park isn’t running at full speed. Once international travel opens back up, they can bring a lot of the international CMs back. If international travel is shut down for longer than anticipated, they can then hire some Floridians to work there who I’m sure would be happy to have a job. I don’t know why people automatically assume that no international employees means it’s impossible to reopen EP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter