• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

There are already cities and counties - particularly in California - requiring people to wear masks in public, or risk a fine.
Texas, too. Laredo has instituted a $1000 fine if you're out and about without a mask. While it isn't required where I live, many people are doing so, anyway. A friend's wife kindly made masks for everyone they know.

Last edited:

I was responding to the posters talk of restrictions by some of their local governments. Ever hear of sarcasm? But...you do you.
Not seeing any sarcasm there, just being generally accusatory and political. And if your comment was solely to speak negatively about California, why post it at all?

You responded saying that California is not representative of most of the US so it doesn't reflect at all on what Disney might require. If certain counties in California or the state itself mandates the use of masks, that would translate directly to Disneyland, no?

I don't think we're going to go "back to normal" - but we're going to start moving there. Non-essential businesses will open, but social distancing and other preventative measures (masks, hand washing, sanitizing) will still be enforced.

I know it's dumb, but I would love to just go to the mall to walk around ):

Its crazy how quick the U.S. wants to go back to normal. Here in Canada they are expecting this to last til summer and after that some sort of social distancing in place til there is a vaccine

When is “til summer?” And what is “...some sort of social distancing?”
It sounds as if here in the U.S. we’ll also be doing some sort of social distancing. What that looks like right now, we don’t know. Ultimately, measures will likely be left up to the individual states, rather than the federal government.

Its NOT crazy. the economy fall out could be worse then this virus if it goes to long. that includes deaths and hospitalizations.
In Canada they figure 500,000 jobs are permanently lost already. They are giving anybody who is out of work $2000 a month while this is going on. Once the first wave is over they will start reopening some businesses like restaurants but parks and amusement parks will be closed til next season.

I don't think we're going to go "back to normal" - but we're going to start moving there. Non-essential businesses will open, but social distancing and other preventative measures (masks, hand washing, sanitizing) will still be enforced.

I know it's dumb, but I would love to just go to the mall to walk around ):

It’s not dumb at all! I think this period of quarantine is making many of us more appreciative of the little things we may have taken for granted just a couple of months ago. We’re all in this together! :hug:

When is “til summer?” And what is “...some sort of social distancing?”
It sounds as if here in the U.S. we’ll also be doing some sort of social distancing. What that looks like right now, we don’t know. Ultimately, measures will likely be left up to the individual states, rather than the federal government.
Our Prime Minister figures sometime in July or August. Some sort of social distancing is bars, restaurants and other stores will be reopened at limited capacity but places like parks, theme parks, concert halls won't be opening any time soon.

Not seeing any sarcasm there, just being generally accusatory and political. And if your comment was solely to speak negatively about California, why post it at all?

You responded saying that California is not representative of most of the US so it doesn't reflect at all on what Disney might require. If certain counties in California or the state itself mandates the use of masks, that would translate directly to Disneyland, no?

Definitely not going to argue with strangers online who don’t get jokes. All I have to say is - have a magical day! pixiedust:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter