Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t say the same for what they’re doing with APs at this point. It would even be better if they would let us make the decision of refund vs extension up until the point of our original cancellation.

Yes, I agree with this 100% There are many of us who renewed right before COVID-19 was discovered. For many of us with health issues or young children this is very much a wait and see game. We will likely not be able to make a final call about our trips until closer to the date. There’s a real possibility our renewed APs could go completely unused. We have a 9 month old and my dad has chronic heart failure.

So we are now just about 3 weeks from reopening. 23 days to be exact. I know we are all in the know as much as we can. How many families are gearing up to come down for this that already have resort reservations and have no clue what’s going on. I bet it’s more than we think. And I know if your paying this much money people should be researching especially in a pandemic but I’m really curious how many people have no idea and just know the parks are opening July 11 and oh good our stay is from the 12th-18th we are all set. Just goes back to the lack of communication. It bothers me more by the second.

Remember when they pushed everyone to MDE 9-ish months ago that cut staff for the phone banks. There's not really trained staff to bring back to the days of yore.

Not prepared is not an excuse. If you aren’t prepared, don’t open. They didn’t just realize they were doing this yesterday. They’ve had months to train staff. I’m sure CM’s would’ve been thrilled to be called back earlier to train.

Might as well call for the fire trucks now. The dumpster fire is a sure bet. If it’s by phone, waits will be horrific. If it’s online, the crash is inevitable.

So we are now just about 3 weeks from reopening. 23 days to be exact. I know we are all in the know as much as we can. How many families are gearing up to come down for this that already have resort reservations and have no clue what’s going on. I bet it’s more than we think. And I know if your paying this much money people should be researching especially in a pandemic but I’m really curious how many people have no idea and just know the parks are opening July 11 and oh good our stay is from the 12th-18th we are all set. Just goes back to the lack of communication. It bothers me more by the second.
For sure. With Disney’s bad notification system if they don’t have plenty of park reservations available or give everyone staying onsite reservations there will definitely be people arriving and being told “No more park reservations left today. Or tomorrow. Or the rest of the week.“

And I think those are the folks going to be most impacted by the "a resort stay does not guarantee you a park reservation"

And I am sure there will be others staying off property, etc that have no idea what is going on and will just show up and be upset when they can't get in

Not prepared is not an excuse. If you aren’t prepared, don’t open. They didn’t just realize they were doing this yesterday. They’ve had months to train staff. I’m sure CM’s would’ve been thrilled to be called back earlier to train.

Might as well call for the fire trucks now. The dumpster fire is a sure bet. If it’s by phone, waits will be horrific. If it’s online, the crash is inevitable.

I, for one, am looking forward to the note coming out from Disney that starts with "due to unexpected demand ...."

Just for fun I opened the DEO Unemployment page (which has a virtual queue now) to see what will come through first.
Current hold time so far 2 hours and 5 minutes for Disney

Why would you join the DEO virtual queue if don’t need to use it? Just for fun? People doing stuff like that plays a part in overloading their system. Just like if people call reservations today just to see how long it takes does too.

Can people just leave the queues and calls for the people who actually need to use them?

Sorry to the folks waiting on with the call center right now. I know prior to the pandemic they had whittled the experience CMs at the call center down to a single team of only 20-30 people (they’re the ones that handle all dining, VIP, tours, fireworks cruises, etc), as they had moved away from calling for dining. I just really thought Disney would have cross trained some of the 400-500 CMs that work in the same building here in Tampa doing resort reservations to also handle the dining for this week. Because when I read the queue was only about 450 people long, that’s not a lot for a call center queue.

Why would you join the DEO virtual queue if don’t need to use it? Just for fun? People doing stuff like that plays a part in overloading their system. Just like if people calling reservations today just to see how long it takes does too.

Can people just leave the queues and calls for the people who actually need to use them?
actually my DD filed her weeks yesterday and I have to see if they went through, you're right, I shouldn't have said "just for fun" I needed to do it.
I was just planning on checking later

Honestly, I don't think Disney needs to invest heavily, as they have ran maybe the most successful marketing strategy of all time by establishing an intense emotional connection between guests and their brand (I'm including myself here, I'm probably one of the worst, lol). That's why we all spend so much (and maybe why we all feel like we lost so much). The fact covid-19 still exists will be their biggest hurdle with what happens at the parks.

One of my friends posted an article about how we don't need all this "stuff" companies tell us we need. I was onboard while reading (yeah I don't need this, this, this, etc) until I got to WDW and was like uh yeah, sorry, I do need that - don't go there. But why? I don't really *need* it obviously. But the thought of missing out on our BBB/CRT/pirates league/dessert party first Poly stay with my 4 (almost 5 year old) daughter and 7 year old son this year is heart wrenching to me; it's because money isn't the biggest loss for me with missing our trip and I'd imagine that's how many disney regulars feel.

A few commercials of kids playing with Mickey and dressed as princesses or dining with friends at epcot and we might still complain but we'll all forgive and go =).

If they have issues when they reopen it's more likely it's connected to guests concerned about their health, kids health, and covid-19 because that's bigger than the Disney connection. Maybe they need doctor minnie and mickey commercials. I think this is going to be a rough year for them but once they weather the storm they'll be fine. I think coming up with new options like housing the NBA and minimizing the outflow of cash as best they can are things they need to do right now as a business.
It takes a long time to build a reputation but takes moments to lose it! They've removed DDP, they've removed menu items, they've increased food prices, they've removed the 21 day pass for UK guests (we stay for 21 days) I never ever thought id feel bad towards Disney as all my happiest family memories are tied up there, but i really feel they are taking our loyalty to the limit. I know Universal inst as big but they've managed their reopening quietly,efficiently and safely.

actually my DD filed her weeks yesterday and I have to see if they went through, you're right, I shouldn't have said "just for fun" I needed to do it.
I was just planning on checking later

No worries! That makes sense. :) It just sounded like there wasn’t a reason.

Sorry to the folks waiting on with the call center right now. I know prior to the pandemic they had whittled the experience CMs at the call center down to a single team of only 20-30 people (they’re the ones that handle all dining, VIP, tours, fireworks cruises, etc), as they had moved away from calling for dining. I just really thought Disney would have cross trained some of the 400-500 CMs that work in the same building here in Tampa doing resort reservations to also handle the dining for this week. Because when I read the queue was only about 450 people long, that’s not a lot for a call center queue.
8am on a Thursday 450ish people in queue seems like a lot to me lol

The phone bank dining for this resort only period has all the markings of "Disney IT ran out of runway, think of something quick". The other stuff yeah there should have been a plan, but this one screams "buy Disney IT a little more time".

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter