Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got the email. My stay is 11/30-12/5. I have a DVC rental with no tickets for 11/30, and a room + parkhopper package for 12/1-12/5.

With regards to MDE and family and friends having their own account.........

Pete said in his video today EVERYONE must have their own account now going forward. No more just adding friends and family. They ALL must have their own account

Do we have this confirmed yet?
Kids too?

I know this is kind of an annoying answer but I firmly believe they're taking a wait and see approach on many things, including discounts. Discounts are all about driving new bookings, and we're still a few weeks out at least until new bookings are permitted. Like what we were talking about with APs, it will all depend on what park availability looks like. I can tell you that guests who were booked with a room discount for the resorts-only period who opted to modify their reservation were offered a slight discount (maybe 20%) on their new booking. It was done quietly though, so I think if there are any discounts to be had later this year, we won't be seeing them for some time.

On Monday, if possible, I'd highly recommend using a desktop computer if possible (given the amount of demand that will be on the system), but I'd imagine m.disneyworld.com (their mobile site) will also have access to the system. Not confirmed yet (just no MDE).

I'm not saying you're wrong; it's certainly possible but we don't know. If you ask another CM, you'd probably get a different answer. I don't think it's fair to go after those with late 2020 and 2021 reservations if Disney doesn't provide any additional communication. If Disney doesn't clarify, then I don't blame anyone with tickets and a reservation for 2020 or 2021 for logging on to try to make a reservation. Now, if Disney does come out and say it will only be for a shorter window and those people are just logging on because they want to "see the system" or "practice," then you have a legitimate gripe. If Disney doesn't provide any additional communication, any crash is on Disney, not them. I do think they will provide quite a bit more info this weekend though.
Sorry if it came across as me "going after" vacationers in late 2020/2021. Not my intention. I agree that this is a Disney created issue 100%. Their communication has, and continues to be, abysmal. However, I am frustrated with people who are being super reactionary and illogical. I hope for everyone's sake that Disney gets their 💩 together, and soon. ✌️

My AP expires on 3/28 with the extension. If I want to book a trip for May 2021 when reservations open again, how am I going to make park reservations with an AP that will have expired by May.. but I can’t renew it until the AP expires. :confused: Honestly wondering if this is the end of annual passes. Unless I’m missing something this doesn’t make any sense to me.

I figured out how they are going to handle the Value resorts reservations!!!! LOL They are going to get us excited about being able to actually let us into parts with reservations, during that happiness they will drop the bad news of us moving at our expense. With us having reservations we will then feel almost guilty for not paying extra to go........... I know this is a long shot but it just popped in my head. Just ignore me.

I would literally cry.....The waiting on this is the worst! Just let us know already!!

I figured out how they are going to handle the Value resorts reservations!!!! LOL They are going to get us excited about being able to actually let us into parts with reservations, during that happiness they will drop the bad news of us moving at our expense. With us having reservations we will then feel almost guilty for not paying extra to go........... I know this is a long shot but it just popped in my head. Just ignore me.
No - that is what I have actually been thinking all along, especially in light of what "insiders" here have been alluding to about next item to drop about value/mod stays. I think they will say "we can move you to a deluxe, but you will have to pay the difference." Hopefully, we will find out s**n!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter