• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

cruising 4/7/05 on the wonder

rwade428

Mouseketeer
My 3 sisters and I will be sailing on the wonder next april. Amazingly enough I won this cruise at the millionaire show at Disney MGM in May of this year. What a wild ride that was!! I'm new to this website so be patient if I make any boo boos.:earsboy:

YEA for you!!! We were just at the millionaire show last week. That is so cool!!

I think you will be sailing on the WONDER if you are leaving on the 7th. I will be on the Magic on April 9, 2005 for seven days. :)

I know you are excited. This is our 2nd cruise and it is a wonderful vacation. We just got back from DW. I told my DH that we will only be cruising from now on. It is so relaxing!! I am exhausted from walking every where!!!

Again........congrats!!! :wave2:

thanks for much for the congrats. This will be my first cruise so if you have any helpful hints I would greatly appreciate it. I have already found out quite a few tid bits since on logged onto disweb.

Yes, we are sailing on the Wonder. We are also expanding our 4 day cruise to a 7 day land and sea. My younger sister and I go to WDW almost every year, but it will be the first trip for the two older ones. We can hardly wait to show them everything we love about it.

It will be a long time before we go back to DW. My dd's are 10 & 8. We had a great time, but it was so hot and so much walking. We have been at least five times since my oldest was 2. It is a great place to go. But, after sailing on the MAGIC, I would rather cruise. You are so pampered onboard ship. It is so relaxing. I just can't wait to go again.

The only thing I am dreading is the drive down. Since we just finished that drive last night..........I dread doing it again! 9 hours is way too much.

Advice.........don't pack as much as you think you will need!!!
What cat. room will you be staying in?? We were in an 11 last year and this year we are in a Cat. 10.

I hope you have a wonderful time!!!

Hope

This will be my 8th trip to WDW. My honeymoon in 77. When my two girls were little in 82. My In-laws took the 3 kids and I in 88. Then there was a very dry spell. My DD and I in '00. My little sister and I in '01. Then in '02 my sister and I took our girls. My sister and I again this year. And next is the cruise. I beat you in car time this year though. Usually we fly but this year we drove. My oldest daughter is married and in NC. We drove 10 hours to her house, then on to Orlando the next day. Another 12 hours. I drove the whole way down and back. My sister is handicapped and couldn't help drive. Whew!!! We decided no more driving. We'll fly from now on.

We usually spend a whole week there when we go. But you're right it is exhausting. and well worth it. Like I said we are very excited to take my other two sisters next year. The cruise will be new to all of us but my sis and i get to show the other two the wonders of WDW before we board the Wonder.

I have seen a couple of lists on what to pack and not to pack. One thing that has shown up a couple of times is duct tape. Duct tape??? Whatever would you need that for??

Thanks for talking with me. This website is awesome.

By the way, I have 3 children. But mine are a little older than yours. 25, 24, and 21.

thanks again....

oops , hopelea...you are right. I know I'm sailing on the wonder. I don't know why I put the magic on that post. Can you tell me how to edit it???

Duct Tape.......for many reasons....if your sandals break and you need to fix them (I'd rather go bare foot than wear sandals with duct tape!), if there is a door that won't stay shut when there are waves...........I DIDN'T PACK DUCT TAPE!! I didn't take the over the door organizer either. There were only three of us in at Cat. 11, no split bath. I found plenty of room to put things on the floor under the sink. I may take an organizer this trip as I will have one extra person. I am letting my 10 yr old take her best friend!

I packed WAY too much. I am hoping that I won't do that next time.

Hope

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter