Crusining 101

GWhitten98

Whitten Family
Ok I fully admit I don't even know where to start...I guess that is where to start.

We are family of 5 and want to take a cruise during the summer of 2016 of our Galveston. Where do I even start to figure out where to find which cruise will fit us best and finding the best deal?

I would start with an online search (or contact a TA) to find out what cruises are working out Galveston. Once you have the name/itineraries/cost, then you can research the good and bad.

I agree that a TA may be your best bet the first time out. Some things you may want to consider:
Cost (Length of Cruise, Cruise Line, and size of Cabin will have a bearing on this. With a family of 5, you will be limited in the type of cabin you select, or you may consider two cabins. Remember that large family type cabins may sell out quicker.)
Age of family members and activities for those age groups
Destinations (usually Western Caribbean/Mexico from the Galveston Port).
Cruise Line. Every Cruise line is different in some way and each has pluses and minuses. They could surprise you. My DD love Disney like no other. However, when she was 6 & 7, we took her on a Disney Cruise, followed by a Carnival. She preferred Carnival's kids program.

Check out the Cruise Critic web site. They have excellent forums and page for first time cruisers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter