Crystal Palace - Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner???

jjan

DIS Veteran
We would like to try this restaurant in August since we have never been before, but I can't decide which would be better - breakfast, lunch or dinner. I love breakfast food, but to give up the coolest and the least busiest part of the day at MK to eat just doesn't sound like the right thing to do. If you are going just on food alone and not to get into the park early, or better character interaction or anything else... which meal has the best tasting food?

Hi! I can't help you with best tasting food, but we're buying a Dining Plan (going in May) and are planning on going for dinner, when we'll get the best bang for our buck! It's $27.99 for dinner, $20.99 for lunch, and I dunno about breakfast.

Breakfast is awesome there - we liked it much better than Chef Mickeys, next trip we are going to do both breakfast and dinner.

We do dinner because of the value (on the DDP) and since the cost of the dinner is more, you get more value for a dinner than a breakfast. Plus, in practical matters, I hate to spend valuable touring time sitting in a restaurant. That's just us, of course. We liked the food and characters at dinner when we went.

I have to reply to this one because we love CP and we love their breakfasts the best. We have tried lunch and dinner and if you are a breakfast person, go for breakfast. They have a great selection and we love the character interaction. You can actually get pretty early ADR's, before official park opening so by the time you get out, the park is not busy yet. Or, you could go on an early entry day and do some attractions first and then eat a late breakfast. Either way, definitely try breakfast there. I HIGHLY recommend it. :tigger: pooh:

My family loves the CP!!!! We are a breakfast family, the food is great.

We love Crystal Palace. It's a tradition whenever we visit WDW to have dinner at least once with the Pooh gang. We haven't had breakfast there, but have heard it's great.

We're going for the first time in August for breakfast. The park opens at 9:00 and we have an ADR for 8:05, so hopefully we'll be done by the time the park opens. This way we won't waste touring time in a restaurant. Also, I read on here that it's really fun to go down Main Street without hardly anyone else there. They said you can get really good pictures. Hope you have a great trip!!!

One of the better character meals and a nice touch would be to select Breakfast on a day without early entrance and select a time way before the park opens...it pretty cool to be one of the few walking down Mainstreet before the park opens. This sitaution makes a great setting for family pictures

We've done the breakfast a couple of times and it's very good. I would do as others have already recommended-either a very early or very late seating. This way you won't feel like you've wasted valuable park time. :thumbsup2 DH and I are planning to try out the lunch next time we go. The menu looks really good! :)

YES!!! CP is great. The food is always good. The characters are always sweet. Best memory is when Eoyre knocked over an entire tray of drinks a waiter had just sat down! Everyone had to comfort the poor guy, he was so upset... but I digress.

My advice would be to go off peak... especially if you are at MK at a busy time of year. We once had to wait to be seated for over an hour past our AR time, because they were running behind schedule. (We did have a party of 7 that time; whenever we've gone with just our family we haven't had to wait very long at all.)

We have a ressie for breakfast at 8:05. Park opening is 9:00 so we're looking forward to entering the park early. :)

We had both breakfast and dinner at CP. We absolutely loved both. The nice thing about breakfast was being able to walk in before the park opened, and being able to take pictures of the castle with very few people around it! We will go back for both meals next year when we go back.

We've always done lunch and my gang can pack it away! ;) But sometimes the mood afterward is - take a nap! We will try dinner in June and that may work out better. It's one of our favorites and the food is always great with exceptional service.

We think lunch is the best. We did a 2:30 lunch in January and we were there long enough to have them bring out the dinner food. So we got dinner for the price of lunch. This was after the marathon and my husband and his friend both were starving. They both got a lot of prime rib and were very happy about it.

Gosh, you guys make it all sound so good that I want to do them all. Very tough decision! Thank you for all the input and keep it coming :goodvibes

My gang loved the breakfast. It had such an assortment of food, and the breakfast lasagna is awsome.
It was really nice to get into the park before it opens and we got wonderful pics on main street with the castle in the background and nobody else.
After reading the reviews though I'm looking forward to trying it for supper next trip.

We had lunch there last year and it was great! Food, service, and characters were all wonderful.

My vote is for dinner...the buffet had a huge selection, the food was awesome, and its a character dinner, so you get to meet Pooh and friends. (I'm a big Eeyore fan....) But then, i've never done the rest, so it depends, iguess. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter