Cultural Exchange Program - I'm going to be a Cast Member!

JeMappelleHelen

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

In July I applied for one of the Disney International Programs and after a lot of waiting as well as two trips down south for interviews I am so so excited to say I got accepted! I'll be flying to Orlando in June to become a Custodial Cast Member and I am just delighted :yay:
My dream has always been to work for Disney in some way and it is finally coming true! :)

I have started a vlog channel as I really want to document my time in the states.. I will be there from June 6th - August 11th (Don't know exact location yet!) so if you're around do make sure you say hello :)

If you want to check out my channel - here's an introduction video:
(terribly cringey, I know haha)

Seeya real soon!:earboy2:

Congratulations! I did the cultural exchange program in 2014 and it was amazing! Im going back for a few weeks this summer. Hope you have an amazing time. One of my friends did custodial and really enjoyed it, he was in MK.

Thanks everyone for the kind words!
My flights are booked with a stay in All Star Movies the night before as well as a character breakfast the morning of Check In - I'm very excited!
Background check has been cleared, now I am just waiting for my Visa documents and I'll be ready to go! 75 days to go till I fly now. Very excited :)

It's so much fun! I did it in 2012! Would love to go back!
Thanks everyone for the kind words!
My flights are booked with a stay in All Star Movies the night before as well as a character breakfast the morning of Check In - I'm very excited!
Background check has been cleared, now I am just waiting for my Visa documents and I'll be ready to go! 75 days to go till I fly now. Very excited :)

This is something my dd wants to do but she's only 16 at the minute. Big congratulations to you :cheer2:

For some reason I can't see the video, perhaps because I'm on the iPad ?

Hi Helen,

Congrats on your role! There are a few of us who have done the program on the boards - I just wanted to wish you good luck. I found out about this program when I was 11 and finally did it for myself in 2012 - I thought it would be a one-off 'dream come true' before going to law school after my degree and becoming a lawyer.

From the moment I stepped on-stage at Magic Kingdom, my life was changed forever! I finished my degree, reneged my law school place and did the year-long CRP, met a nice Canadian guy and here I am - definitely not living in the UK as a solicitor as planned!!!

It truly can be the most life-changing experience. Good luck to you and do your best to document every minute - even if it is just taking pictures. I failed at doing a blog twice because it is so easy to get caught up in the Disney bubble.

Keep us updated!

Hi Helen!

I haven't used the boards in a few years but my mum sent me a link to this because I'm doing the CEP this year too! I actually remember Ashleigh (@MrsSparrow.. who posted above me) doing the program and thinking how much I wanted to do it! Congratulations, hopefully meet you at some point over the summer! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter