Current (3/12/14) drinks packages

I thought lemonade was free

Free is even better! But I would pay the $5/day if she had to go elsewhere to get the drinks while the rest of our group was queued up for the soda machine. Not worth the hassle for her and I don't really need her belly up to the bar to get cans of non carbonated drinks.

I am trying to decide which package to get. Not sure they will have the coffee drink I like. I am looking for something like McDonald's Carmel frappe our Starbucks vanilla bean frapichino. Then getting the package that contains coffee drinks would be worth it.

Is there a Starbucks on the explorer???

The only ships that have a proper, branded, Starbucks are Oasis and Allure. And you cannot use the beverage packages at the proper, branded, Starbucks "stores".

But you CAN use the packages (the ones that include speciality coffees that is) at the other espresso locations. The ones that are called Latte-tudes, or "the espresso bar that's part of Cafe Promenade", etc. And those tend to serve Starbucks-brand espresso and they (on Freedom at least) had Starbucks cups and even Starbucks straws.

I don't know how elaborate their drinks get, but DH get a mocha frappuccino on our cruise on Freedom, so they at least go that far.

Does anyone know if the freestyle soda machines are like the ones in the US, where they also serve fruit punch type drinks. I have a child that will not drink carbonation but I would purchase the soda package for the lemonaid and fruit punch so she has the same location to grab beverages as the other kids in our party.

TIA

First, make sure the ship you're going on HAS a Freestyle machine. For instance, Freedom does, but Vision does not.

I'm sorry that I don't know beyond that about what's in the machines; I kept thinking about sneaking off to try the machines (DH and DS cannot have American soda b/c of their reactions to HFCS, and I almost never have it out of respect for that, and because American soda doesn't taste right to me) but never got a chance.

You can, however, wait until you're on the ship to buy the package for her. That way you can check out the machines and see if it's worth it.

Though I would add this is the current list of ships that have the Coca-Cola Freestyle machines according to a message I received from RCL.

Majesty of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Oasis of the Seas
Allure of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas

So about 6 out of I think 21 ships have it.

Though I would add this is the current list of ships that have the Coca-Cola Freestyle machines according to a message I received from RCL. Majesty of the Seas Explorer of the Seas Freedom of the Seas Oasis of the Seas Allure of the Seas Enchantment of the Seas So about 6 out of I think 21 ships have it.

Does anybody know if Independence has them?

Though I would add this is the current list of ships that have the Coca-Cola Freestyle machines according to a message I received from RCL. Majesty of the Seas Explorer of the Seas Freedom of the Seas Oasis of the Seas Allure of the Seas Enchantment of the Seas So about 6 out of I think 21 ships have it.

Does Independence have it?

OP, so if I understand your post correctly, not everyone in the family has to purchase a drink package. I can just purchase one drink package for myself? Or I can purchase a different drink package for each person? Really?

OP, so if I understand your post correctly, not everyone in the family has to purchase a drink package. I can just purchase one drink package for myself? Or I can purchase a different drink package for each person? Really?

You are correct! It's a fabulous new thing they started this wintertime with all the new packages.

DH and I each had Replenish, and DS had a water package.

On Vision in October we will likely have have a water package (which is more like a stateroom thing, not a per person thing) for me and DS, and DH will get Replenish. He doesn't care that he didn't max out the value, but I do. That way I can spend less by going OOP for the things I want, and not feel like I *have to* have two lattes per day and 8 bottles of water, etc etc.

You are correct! It's a fabulous new thing they started this wintertime with all the new packages.

DH and I each had Replenish, and DS had a water package.

On Vision in October we will likely have have a water package (which is more like a stateroom thing, not a per person thing) for me and DS, and DH will get Replenish. He doesn't care that he didn't max out the value, but I do. That way I can spend less by going OOP for the things I want, and not feel like I *have to* have two lattes per day and 8 bottles of water, etc etc.

That is great news. I always understood that adults had to get the same drink package, which did not work for us. But now, this is a viable option.

One other question is regular coffee available for free all day and from what places? My husband can drink coffee at midnight. What about milk. And juice is only available at breakfast, what flavors?

I can only speak to the Freedom OTS on this. Brewed coffee can be had from the self service area at Cafe Promenade and possibly Sorrento's all day every day. Windjammer has brewed coffee available while serving meals, which is most of the day and night. Windjammer has milk out for breakfast. I'm sure you could ask for milk at Cafe Promenade. Juice has been apple and orange for breakfast in the dining room and Windjammer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter