Current Believe Key questions

cruisehopeful

DIS Veteran
My believe key renewed last month. I might be wrong, but I think they took away one of the days that I am going in the spring. I'm also owner of the Villas at DLT and have a reservation for the night that I think I lost park access. I have a couple other dates that I am blocked that I probably want to go to the parks. Previously, it was more beneficial to stay at Believe key and pay a one day ticket for my blocked dates, but now I am thinking about upgrading. Seems like upgrading isn't a choice? I tried to find it on the website and it looks like Inspire is only available for renewals, which is 11 months away for me. Am I correct that I can't upgrade right now?

Another question is, can I book Magic Key Terrace on a day that my Believe key is blocked? I'd be accessing the park with a one day ticket since I would be blocked. It's my favorite place in the park to eat/drink and is also easier to book than other places so I pretty much plan to go there every visit.

My believe key renewed last month. I might be wrong, but I think they took away one of the days that I am going in the spring. I'm also owner of the Villas at DLT and have a reservation for the night that I think I lost park access. I have a couple other dates that I am blocked that I probably want to go to the parks. Previously, it was more beneficial to stay at Believe key and pay a one day ticket for my blocked dates, but now I am thinking about upgrading. Seems like upgrading isn't a choice? I tried to find it on the website and it looks like Inspire is only available for renewals, which is 11 months away for me. Am I correct that I can't upgrade right now?

Another question is, can I book Magic Key Terrace on a day that my Believe key is blocked? I'd be accessing the park with a one day ticket since I would be blocked. It's my favorite place in the park to eat/drink and is also easier to book than other places so I pretty much plan to go there every visit.

Yes, Inspire cannot be bought at the moment, it was taken down from the website due to an ongoing settlement that recently got resolved. Most likely they're going over the terms of service with a magnifying glass now making sure everything is kosher before they put it back up for sale, which would coincide conveniently with the recent price hike.

Believe price jumped by $150 and has quite a few additional blackout dates for the year of 2024. The general opinion, myself included, is that it's no longer worth the price point considering how big the blackout calendar is compared to 2023. Personally I feel the only real options now are the most expensive (Inspire) or the cheapest (Imagine). Enchant and Believe just aren't worth it anymore, IMHO.

Believe price jumped by $150 and has quite a few additional blackout dates for the year of 2024. The general opinion, myself included, is that it's no longer worth the price point considering how big the blackout calendar is compared to 2023
Do you, by any chance, have the 2023 block out calendar so I can see them side by side?

It’s a bummer that you can’t buy an Inspire key at the moment. That was available forever. With the new pricing and additional black out dates, I think I will either drop my Believe Keys next year or upgrade to Inspire. I knew that Believe had more black out dates when I purchased in April 2023, but it was still cheaper than buying a bunch of 5 day hoppers. I’m planning on going back a few more times so it’s definitely worth it. My spring break Saturday is blocked out and I have VDH reservations, so I have to decide if we’re doing a pool day/character dining or just purchasing a 1 day ticket for 4 of us. Such a pain.

You may be able to upgrade to Inspire. Have you called? I know you can't do it online, but you might be able to do it via phone or in person.

On the PlanDisney website it says you can only upgrade in your renewal window, but you can always call Disney and ask, good luck and let us all know what happens

On the PlanDisney website it says you can only upgrade in your renewal window, but you can always call Disney and ask, good luck and let us all know what happens
Mine expired <3 weeks ago. I renewed 30 days before that. I'll be there tomorrow and will ask.

Perhaps a unpopular opinion but you can get Knott's Gold passes, + all season dining, + add parking (only have to get this on a pass or two depending on your family), and add all season drinks for the Delta between the Believe and Inspire and IMO that's the better value. Adds some variety to the mix and you also get soak city too. My kids and us love our Knott's days almost just as much as our Disneyland days. We treat Knott's as the 3rd (and 4th if you count Soak City) gates of the Disneyland Resort. It's just a 10 to 15 min trip down the road.

We have a 4 night stay at VDH coming up and one of those days is blocked for Disneyland so we'll be at Knott's having a blast on what my daughter calls the big girl swings, going on the big boat swing ride, jaguar, etc. The food you get in the meal plan is decent if you know where to go. We have it on 3 of our 4 passes and it fills us up just fine.

Edit - Just looked to double check my math. The delta between believe and inspire is 400 bucks. The cost of the Gold Pass + all addons is 390 if you get the regular drink package and 405 if you get the new one with the coffee, hot chocolate, and ICEEs (man my kids are excited about the ICEE addon...). Of course you likely may not want all of the add on options. The base pass is 115 bucks. If you make at least 4 trips where you can use the pass it's a awesome value.

Last edited:
f the gate window can't do it, you can email guest services tickets to try that route. They have options typically not even available to CM supervisor.
I only see a generic help center online form. It prompts me to call. When I called, they said that you can't upgrade if the other MK is not currently being sold to the general public.

Last edited:
I only see a generic help center online form. It prompts me to cal. When I call, they say that you can't upgrade if the other MK is not currently being sold to the general public.
I'll take that as the way it is then and just keep checking periodically. Puts me in a spot where I need to decide what to do about my VDH reservation in April. Maybe just take a spa day on the blocked day. 💆

Perhaps a unpopular opinion but you can get Knott's Gold passes, + all season dining, + add parking (only have to get this on a pass or two depending on your family), and add all season drinks for the Delta between the Believe and Inspire and IMO that's the better value. Adds some variety to the mix and you also get soak city too. My kids and us love our Knott's days almost just as much as our Disneyland days. We treat Knott's as the 3rd (and 4th if you count Soak City) gates of the Disneyland Resort. It's just a 10 to 15 min trip down the road.

We have a 4 night stay at VDH coming up and one of those days is blocked for Disneyland so we'll be at Knott's having a blast on what my daughter calls the big girl swings, going on the big boat swing ride, jaguar, etc. The food you get in the meal plan is decent if you know where to go. We have it on 3 of our 4 passes and it fills us up just fine.

Edit - Just looked to double check my math. The delta between believe and inspire is 400 bucks. The cost of the Gold Pass + all addons is 390 if you get the regular drink package and 405 if you get the new one with the coffee, hot chocolate, and ICEEs (man my kids are excited about the ICEE addon...). Of course you likely may not want all of the add on options. The base pass is 115 bucks. If you make at least 4 trips where you can use the pass it's a awesome value.

that's my plan, actually! I have the cheapest pass and we have other vacation plans. But I think we can squeeze in Knotts a few times in the year. I may get one with all the add ons and then one base one. I didn't realize they had one with ICEE add ons!

I went up to a ticket booth today to ask if I could upgrade my Believe MK to Inspire. The cast member was a bit confused. She had to check several times with people sitting behind her. At first she quoted me the price difference and was ready to go. Then, as she was ringing me up, she said she couldn't do it because Inspire wasn't available to sell.

Perhaps a unpopular opinion but you can get Knott's Gold passes, + all season dining, + add parking (only have to get this on a pass or two depending on your family), and add all season drinks for the Delta between the Believe and Inspire and IMO that's the better value. ...

Edit - Just looked to double check my math. The delta between believe and inspire is 400 bucks. The cost of the Gold Pass + all addons is 390 if you get the regular drink package and 405 if you get the new one with the coffee, hot chocolate, and ICEEs (man my kids are excited about the ICEE addon...).
Does that include the All Parks upgrade? Years ago I bought a Cedar Fair pass for some ridiculously low price and used it at both Great America and Knott's.

I went up to a ticket booth today to ask if I could upgrade my Believe MK to Inspire. The cast member was a bit confused. She had to check several times with people sitting behind her. At first she quoted me the price difference and was ready to go. Then, as she was ringing me up, she said she couldn't do it because Inspire wasn't available to sell.
Did they try asking the supervisor (person behind her) at that point to see if override or not?

Did they try asking the supervisor (person behind her) at that point to see if override or not?
No, she didn't ask for an override. I think the people behind her were the ones that told her it wasn't possible if the tickets weren't for sale. Not sure. :confused3 Should I try again? :scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter