Current Cancellation Policy?

SteffyLou

Mouseketeer
What is the current cancellation policy? We have a stay planned July 19-23 but are considering moving it later to the end of the month. We didn't know if things are going into holding again, or if they are still allowing it to go back into the UY.

Thanks.

Just got the “please confirm your reservation “ email. What is the last date to cancel? I’m from New York State (But not NYC Lol)

Just got the “please confirm your reservation “ email. What is the last date to cancel? I’m from New York State (But not NYC Lol)

The emails are from Disney parks and resorts and not DVC...that is what I got.

For DVC, as of today, they are waiving holding if you cancel anytime time up to one day before,

They can change it back at any time..I believe they will leave it though given what is happen.

Along with cancelation policy does anyone have an idea what the current pay in full date is? I have a split stay with my dvc points and a direct booking through Disney. I was told 7 days, then told it can change at any point. It was originally a package with dinning.

Along with cancelation policy does anyone have an idea what the current pay in full date is? I have a split stay with my dvc points and a direct booking through Disney. I was told 7 days, then told it can change at any point. It was originally a package with dinning.

Disney cash pay in full is 7 days for packages.

The emails are from Disney parks and resorts and not DVC...that is what I got.

For DVC, as of today, they are waiving holding if you cancel anytime time up to one day before,

They can change it back at any time..I believe they will leave it though given what is happen.

Thank you! We want to go but given the recent numbers and new restrictions we are probably not going to be able to go. We’ll hold on for another 2-3 weeks but it’s probably not going to happen. Our check in is July 22 so fingers crossed there is a fast turn aroun.

I'm glad to see they are waiving holding (had a similar question--I'm looking at booking a last-minute July trip but would already be within 30 days and want to be able to cancel without going into holding). Is this in writing somewhere? I can't find on the website.

Just changed a reservation today from Jambo to Vero and no holding of extra points and I was told borrowed points would be returned. The points were not returned today but I will watch and see to make sure they eventually go back to the right year. So, as of this morning they are still allowing no holding and unborrowing. I’m thinking with the virus increase it’s in Disney’s best interest to let people out of their trips and reduce the number of people they have to manage. I think eliminating holding and allowing unborrowing of points takes the pressure off both sides.

Just changed a reservation today from Jambo to Vero and no holding of extra points and I was told borrowed points would be returned. The points were not returned today but I will watch and see to make sure they eventually go back to the right year. So, as of this morning they are still allowing no holding and unborrowing. I’m thinking with the virus increase it’s in Disney’s best interest to let people out of their trips and reduce the number of people they have to manage. I think eliminating holding and allowing unborrowing of points takes the pressure off both sides.
That's what I think. The last thing they want is for someone with Covid to visit because they don't want to lose the points ...

Just called this morning to cancel a Oct/Nov reservation and they said my borrowed points would be returned to their original UY. They said it would take a coupe of weeks for that that to take effect. So I'm pretty happy about that.

Disney’s magic is gone. Due to covid they not I canceled our June trip. They than said I have to use the points by January 2021 or lose them. So I said October, sorry no rooms at our resort.
But i will lose the points, well that’s just the rules. If disney looks at these posts.
Know this I will drain money out of Disney and you say how? Every time I place a food order it will be wrong any customer care infraction will be meet with rage. Yup I’ll be the customer till I feel like you have been treated like you treated me and my family.

Disney’s magic is gone. Due to covid they not I canceled our June trip. They than said I have to use the points by January 2021 or lose them. So I said October, sorry no rooms at our resort.
But i will lose the points, well that’s just the rules. If disney looks at these posts.
Know this I will drain money out of Disney and you say how? Every time I place a food order it will be wrong any customer care infraction will be meet with rage. Yup I’ll be the customer till I feel like you have been treated like you treated me and my family.

Sorry, I guess I am the Devil's Advocate here because I think the Disney has done very well with their cash guests and DVC has allowed us to bank our points. That is more than we are entitled to. It is not Disney or DVC that caused this pandemic. It is not them who is dragging it out. If people would just follow the CDC guidelines then the tide would turn.

Disney even upgraded people who were staying at a value resort to a Deluxe villa-and some even got a 1 or 2 bedroom!

I don't think Disney will have a problem with revenue if a few people stop going. Especially if the people are DVC members since we are not paying for accommodations (since ours are "prepaid" with points).

OP, i am sorry you are feeling this way. I really hope that DVC does the very best they can with your situation. I am sure that if you take a day or two that you will get better results. Good Luck.

Does anyone happen to know if I cancel a reservation online that was used with borrowed points, will those points go back into the original UY? I’ve been trying to call to cancel, but I’m not having any luck!

Does anyone happen to know if I cancel a reservation online that was used with borrowed points, will those points go back into the original UY? I’ve been trying to call to cancel, but I’m not having any luck!

Mine did, but I followed up with an email, just in case.

I just called today to cancel a Villas Grand Californian reservation over Labor Day Weekend since between the latest Covid19 announcements, the fact that there is no definite reopening date and the lodges at Yosemite have been canceling peoples reservations with less than 24 hours notice, I've finally reached my level of too much uncertainty.

I was told points would NOT be unborrowed, as despite Disneyland's latest announcement the latest word Member Services has had is that the Grand Californian will reopen July 23rd, and that the unborrowing policy only applies if resorts are still closed.

To be fair, the cast member did not seem to be the most experienced, so I may try again later to see if I get a different answer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter