Current CM.. Any Questions?

Would you watch a vlog about life as a Disney performer at sea?

• Yes

Votes: 83 86.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I never really thought about the fact that there would be aspect of a job at Disney that people didn’t like. Just assumed it was fun and exciting being surrounded by the magic and all the people and characters
Not all roles at Disney are with characters or Guests or even onstage. The “magic” is not so magical backstage lol. My experience of being a CM has been fun and exciting and magical most of the time but there have definitely been things I have had to do that were not so great. At times it has been hard work and long hours and many months away from family and friends. But now I look forward to meeting the Guests and seeing how happy this makes them and it reminds me that I love my role 💙

Hi Mags2002,
My mother LOVES Iron Man and has had a crush on him since watching the Iron Man movies and she adores him so much I even got her an Iron Man plushie but she ended up not keeping it with her plushies and gave it to me instead and i'm curious if you ever have run into Iron Man on any of the Marvel Days At Sea while you were working? I am still wishing to get my hands on some autographs of my Marvel heroes but it looks like i'll never make a return to Disney Parks again soon and so i'm still trying to get Marvel heroes autographs and would you know where else to get Marvel heroes autographs other than meeting them at the Disney parks or cruises? In addition to being a big Marvel fan I also collect Marvel Bleacher Creatures plushies and have a shelf full of them in my room. If you happen to see Iron Man would you tell him that Dodger and her mom really like him a lot and please give the Marvel heroes lots of hugs and affection from me
Dodger

I never really thought about the fact that there would be aspect of a job at Disney that people didn’t like. Just assumed it was fun and exciting being surrounded by the magic and all the people and characters
The perception of being a CM does not in most cases match the reality. It’s like most other jobs, it has its pros and cons. The number of CMs that have a position that comes close to the perception is tiny.

As an event guide I had a very weird schedule. I could be anywhere at WDW ranging from early morning to past midnight. Some shifts were boring some were a lot of fun. I could be indoors or outdoors in the rain or sun, with temperatures from the teens to the mid 90s. So because of all those variables it couldn’t be fun and exciting all the time.

But in spite of all that I enjoyed being a CM and sad that it had to come to an end.

I’m now curious. We have a B2B2B scheduled, and we have always loved our cabin CM. Is there a pattern as to when the crossovers happen? We were looking forward to the same cabin CM for 3 weeks! We love getting to know them!!
Crossover is only for an entertainment cast; they all board and disembark at the same time. Other lines of business can embark or disembark at any given time. They dont come in big groups. Imagina have half of the dining rooms being filled with -earning my ears- servers…..

Imagina have half of the dining rooms being filled with -earning my ears- servers…..
Do they do the “earning my ears” red ribbon thing for the food service and mouse keeping staff? And come to think of it, I don’t recall seeing any service pins on their name tags.

Crossover is only for an entertainment cast; they all board and disembark at the same time. Other lines of business can embark or disembark at any given time. They dont come in big groups. Imagina have half of the dining rooms being filled with -earning my ears- servers…..

You most likely will have the same one, but there is a chance person could go on their vacation

Gotcha!! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter